View Poll Results: What to do with Lin?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

    16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

    27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

    13 23.21%
Page 75 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2545556970717273747576777879808195105125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

  1. #1111
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Evening/morning, gents.

    I was thinking that this thread could be retitled and added as a sticky to the main forum, making it the Official Lin Thread.

    We don't actually have one, but there are a multitude of related threads circulating on thoughts about Lin etc.

    I don't wanna go obsessive compulsion on the mod thing straight away, so I'll wait and see what you all have to say about that.

    Please let me know.

    Thanks, Crazy⑧s.

  2. #1112
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Carmelo Anthony doesn't want any blame for the New York Knicks not keeping Jeremy Lin.


    Several sources have told Yahoo! Sports that the Knicks don't plan on matching the three-year, $25 million offer sheet Lin signed with the Houston Rockets. Anthony called the offer sheet which will pay Lin nearly $15 million in the third year "ridiculous" Sunday during an interview with reporters after Team USA's practice in Washington.
    "It's up to the organization to say they want to match that ridiculous contract that's out there,'' Anthony said.
    Anthony later said in a text message with Yahoo! Sports that it's not his fault if the Knicks decline to match the offer sheet by Tuesday's 11:59 p.m. ET deadline.

    "It's up to ownership to match, not me," Anthony said. "I'm tired of people trying to blame me for the fact that the Knicks might not match. I want everybody to get paid if they have the opportunity."



    Knicks coach Mike Woodson declined comment at Sunday's summer league game against the Phoenix Suns in Las Vegas. A Knicks spokesman said management also would not comment on Lin's status.
    The Knicks were widely expected to match Lin's offer sheet until they struck a sign-and-trade deal with the Portland Trail Blazers to acquire point guard Raymond Felton on Saturday. The Knicks also recently signed point guards Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni.

    Lin had a sensational run as the Knicks' starting point guard before a knee injury ended his season. Most of his success, however, came when Anthony was sidelined. Woodson also has made clear that the Knicks' offense will be built around Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, not Lin.

    Lin is expected to have more freedom under Rockets coach Kevin McHale. Lin averaged 14.6 points and 6.2 assists in 35 games for New York last season and scored 38 points against the Los Angeles Lakers.
    "He's a good young player that has a lot of potential and upside with time and experience," Anthony said.
    Damn Melo sounded pretty douch-ish by saying something like that even though the contract is stupid.

  3. #1113
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Lmao Melo taking a lot of heat for this one anyway

    I wanna hear what Lin has to say then all the dust will be settled but being speechless won't help that

  4. #1114
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Evening/morning, gents.

    I was thinking that this thread could be retitled and added as a sticky to the main forum, making it the Official Lin Thread.

    We don't actually have one, but there are a multitude of related threads circulating on thoughts about Lin etc.

    I don't wanna go obsessive compulsion on the mod thing straight away, so I'll wait and see what you all have to say about that.

    Please let me know.

    Thanks, Crazy⑧s.
    Please do immediately, because when Lin isn't re-signed the site will be flooded with unnecessary threads. And you're a mod because of your contributions to the site, no one will question what your doing since we know your intentions is for the best. You wont have no problem from me.

  5. #1115
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    Please do immediately, because when Lin isn't re-signed the site will be flooded with unnecessary threads. And you're a mod because of your contributions to the site, no one will question what your doing since we know your intentions is for the best. You wont have no problem from me.
    Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. I think I'll be a bit more democratic about it, though, and get a few more voices in on the matter.

  6. #1116
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Evening/morning, gents.

    I was thinking that this thread could be retitled and added as a sticky to the main forum, making it the Official Lin Thread.

    We don't actually have one, but there are a multitude of related threads circulating on thoughts about Lin etc.

    I don't wanna go obsessive compulsion on the mod thing straight away, so I'll wait and see what you all have to say about that.

    Please let me know.

    Thanks, Crazy⑧s.

  7. #1117
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    goldenchild,

    First of all, cut that Chris Paul crap. There's no way they can get him. They have no expiring contracts, no valuable trade assets, no developing young players, nothing except 3-year deals for old washed-up veterans. The Clippers would have to be retarded to consider trading with NY, not to mention that there's no reason for CP3 to leave since he's already in a big market with some real emerging stars.

    Second of all, "solid" means average. Felton is not average. He is slightly below average. Serviceable, yes, but nothing more than that. You are allowing your judgment to be clouded based on Felton's shooting numbers with Denver. Things like 3-point percentage are fluky that's why you have to look at a larger sample size than a short period of games. Put Felton in an iso-heavy offense, and...

    But what isn't fluky is the fact that Jeremy Lin is a much better scorer and can finish much better at the basket than Felton can, and he is a much better isolation player than Felton is.

    The Knicks during that run were not a team on the rise. They looked like one, but at best they were a 5 seed. We're looking at Felton with rose-tinted glasses but he was playing with Amar'e and had a full training camp to work with Amar'e and that inflates any PG's stats when you got Amar'e running the pick and roll. Felton's defense certainly wasn't key to the Knicks winning during the first half of 2010-2011 - it was Amar'e playing ridiculously well and Gallinari's ability to draw fouls that led us to win those games. I shudder at the thought of Felton in a half-court offense.

    Jeremy Lin, on the other hand, couldn't get the P&R chemistry down because of the shortened season and got his assists simply by virtue of being able to find open shooters when he needed to. Consider the fact that Jeremy Lin basically is the only reason Steve Novak has a contract.

    While you do have a point when you say that the Bobcats' struggles against the Magic were a team issue cause, well, they were the Bobcats, that's not really what I need to focus on. I couldn't care less if they got swept, the Magic were beast that year. I know it's a small sample size, but Nelson shot the 3-ball as if there was nobody guarding him that entire series. And you're underestimating the Bobcats in that scenario too - they had some good defensive players such as Gerald Wallace, Boris Diaw, Tyrus Thomas, and yes, Tyson Chandler, although he didn't really play much.

    The point is, Raymond Felton is not all he's cracked up to be. This is not about how Lin is better, or so on. I think Knicks management is expecting Felton to be an adequate answer at PG, and, considering how important PG play is to this team since we have a bunch of ballhogs at the other positions, I'm just not sold on Felton's prior successes over a short period of time in a radically different coaching scheme.

    With regards to his physical fitness, he always comes into camp a bit overweight and loses the weight by the end of camp. Doesn't really scream "competitor hungry to win and prove himself." Lin, on the other hand, no matter what happens off the court, will NEVER be questioned for his dedication to winning. Jeremy Lin would never show up to camp out of shape. Raymond Felton, on the other hand, I have serious questions about.

  8. #1118
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Cool

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Seriously? You want Lin here because he is a cash machine and will please the Asian Community? who cares you don't bring a player to your organization to please the crowd just because his name is "jermey Lin". We want to Win and Win NOW while our stars tyson, Amare, and Melo are still in their prime. Dolan is a freaking Billionaire money is not a issue here, this is MSG the mecca of basketball, this is New york city A$$es will be put in those seats regardless if Lin is here or not. To tell you the truth Lin needs New York more than New York needs Lin.

    Don't get me wrong i like Lin just as much as any other knick fan and would love to see him back with the Knicks, but for that price the Rockets want us to match?? i don't think so! he does not Deserve all that money at all, yes he had a nice run that sparked "Lin-Sanity" but look at the teams he did it against, scrub teams that weren't even playoff teams to begin with? he had impressive games ok against who? the Mavs and Lakers? that's nice and all but the Mavs sucked all last season and the Lakers were coming off back to back games and to add onto that teams were not sure how to defend Lin. Teams caught on eventually and started figuring out his game.. slowly calming the Linsanity stuff down.

    Lin is terribly overrated, he's not a scrub but he is very overrated. He's not Deron williams, cp3, rondo, etc etc that people make him out to be. he's jeremey Lin an average PG who's game is currently LIMITED and needs major improvement to get to the elite level. Lin is the same dude who couldn't play in the playoffs because his boo boo was not 100% healed, but at 85% he couldn't spare a few mins the floor? if Melo said he cant play a game in the playoffs because he was at 85% there would of been a riot in New York and Melo would of been a marked man. Derrick Rose went out their and played when he wasn't at 100% because he knew for his team to succeed he had to at least make an attempt and try to help. I'm not trying to knock Lin or anything but thats alot of money for an unproven player who simmered down when teams caught onto his game and has yet to play a full NBA season.

    I want Lin back with the Knicks, not because i feel he is on levels with Cp3 or Deron williams and really earned that money, but because in time i feel Lin will grow into a GREAT PG if he really works hard. in 2015 we have alot of contracts expiring and if we bring back Lin and dont trade Shump i feel in 3 years we will have 2 great players to build around with in SHUMP AND LIN




    Helluva post. Especially the part about Lin needing NY more than NY needs Lin.

    The issue here is simple...

    Lin thinks we need him more than he needs us.

    Lin seized an opportunity, perhaps his final opportunity. He found himself in the right place at the right time; he found himself in a PG friendly system, surrounded by a combo of 2nd rate players, defensive leaders, and passive players. He fit right in. He became Linsanity.

    He was humble at first saying all the right things. Then it seems his contingent smartened up and began adopting a long term mentality.

    Short-term Lin was just happy with minutes... recall?

    Then those dollar signs started appearing in their eyes... this is when it changed. Lin & co. Forgot!

    They forgot that Lin was on the scrap-heap; that he flourished in a system where everyone could do what they wantedas long as they hit threes (far from structured); and most importantly...

    NY (AND THE MEDIA) MADE LIN INTO LINSANITY. He could have lead a team to an undefeated season and it wouldn't be as big as we made it, and some of that was based on the spectical. It was parody.

    But again, he forgot. So when it was time to contribute a few minutes, when we were desparate, he passed. Play for the US... he passed. Show up for promos and such... he passed.

    His sole purpose was to get paid as much as possible. To cash in on Linsanity. He should have understood, some of that credit goes to the NYK's and thus he should have remained humble and steadfast; signed the market offer where the 4th year was a team option. Instead he underhandedly returned to negtiate with Houston.

    Because he was his priority not the Knicks. In the long run he would have been better off aligning himself with the Knicks.

    We root for the name on the front, not the back... remember?

  9. #1119
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    "Hey Steve who is your favorite player?"-Sarah

    "Jeremy Lin"-Steve

    "Why?"-Sarah

    "...He's Asian and can dougie."-Steve




    40% of Lin fans fall in that category. I love Lin but lets be real, do you love him because of his skill or because he is Asian and can do X, Y, Z?

  10. #1120
    Member LINvincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I've watched NY basketball for 30+ years. I stopped watching these guys after Isiah, let's not get into that. Even if Lin leave town, i'll be a huge supporter of NYK.

    But back to our discussion. There is NO reason not to sign this guy. The money is a moot point. If you see the money Lin brought to the table last year (record NYK merchanise sold, Time Warner deal, Asia TV deal and performance of MSG stocks), it's silly even to consider that money is the issue with Lin. Folks like Steven A. Smith and all the talking heads don't have a CLUE.

    The dude is young, has the physical attributes and CLUTCH (remember the stretch of games where he took T shots over Anthony). The dude can play. Yes, it's only 25 games with a few struggle but in all JUST MATCH those numbers where he started against the other all stars in the league. They're SOLID folks.

  11. #1121
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red

    Lin thinks we need him more than he needs us.
    .....
    He was humble at first saying all the right things.
    I am in agreement with you that Lin is not a 15-mil PG now and may not be in 3 years.

    But we should stop putting words in Lin's mouth. This Lin saga is a train wreck going nowhere fast. And some of the posters here are acting like their gf just dumped them. C'mon, guys. We were cheering for Linsanity when he pretty much brought NYK back from near-death. Now some of you are dismissing his contribution as if he made no contribution to the team.

    Just let Dolan figure this one out. He is the one who has to sign the checks.

  12. #1122
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Stunning piece of Linside Linformation here.

    Though he sure didn’t act like it, Jeremy Lin still wants to be a Knick.

    A Lin confidant, contacted yesterday, was asked whether Lin wanted the Knicks to match the Rockets’ revised $25 million offer sheet.

    “Yes, he does,’’ the person said.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  13. #1123
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    One thing that i have thought of that makes me a bit sad about losing Lin is that he was basically a rookie since he got no PT in GS and came out the gates on fire for us for just 25 games. That is one thing i'll admit that is sad about losing Lin is that its like the Cavs letting Kyrie Irving go for nothing.

  14. #1124
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by since73
    it really bothers me how reactionary knicks fans are. jeremy lin is NOT worth 15 mill in the nba buddys. sorry to inform you guys but we would be paying lin about 4million more than what rondo would makes. at the old price the i would have matched but there seems to be some truth to the story about him scheming with the rockets organization behind ppls backs. yao has also been in his ear. id kinda like to see him go being that we have so many bandwagon knicks fans now who jumped on during that whole corny linsanity thing. ppl who never gave 2 licks about basketball all of a sudden were fanatics of the game. makes me sick. i wonder how supportive of the knicks that same community will be when he isnt around.

    this fraud leaving might not be such a bad thing, he obviously has an ego bigger than he lets ppl see. he quuit on us in the playoffs watching on as stat played with 1 hand and melo played his ISO-Melo as u clowns refer to it.

    quick question, what was the style called at the height of linsanity? wen he would dribble for 24 seconds and drive it to the rim? teamball lin?

    and lets stop acting like the hype had nothing to do with his ethnicity. let that whore go to HOU to take care of Yaos leftovers. houston is obviously trying to cash in on the asian community once again and they will gobble it all up because his bandwagon supporters know NOTHING about basketball but 17.

    i actually had asian ppl arguing to me that he was a better player than MELO! unbelievable bro, but they will jump ship soon enough
    Any sources on these? I keep seeing people say it on these forums, but haven't seen it anywhere else. Are they just rumors?

    @Crazy8's, It would be great if you did that.

  15. #1125
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    426
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Second of all, "solid" means average. Felton is not average. He is slightly below average. Serviceable, yes, but nothing more than that. You are allowing your judgment to be clouded based on Felton's shooting numbers with Denver. Things like 3-point percentage are fluky that's why you have to look at a larger sample size than a short period of games. Put Felton in an iso-heavy offense, and...
    Felton looked great in MDA's up-tempo offense. He is not a half-court PG. I still don't understand why NYK went after this guy. He doesn't run half-court set well. He is not a great spot-up shooter. And he is overweight.

    Woodson's ideal PG is Kidd because his offense is built around iso. He needs PG to bring the ball up and hand it to his star player. That was his offense in Atlanta and I saw the same thing after he took over last season.

    I am still scratching my head over this potential signing.

Similar Threads

  1. Was Jeremy Lin At 100% While With the Knicks??
    By tkrieger in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2012, 07:53
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2012, 13:05
  3. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 01:07
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 16:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •