Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 76 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2646567071727374757677787980818296106126 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    One thing that i have thought of that makes me a bit sad about losing Lin is that he was basically a rookie since he got no PT in GS and came out the gates on fire for us for just 25 games. That is one thing i'll admit that is sad about losing Lin is that its like the Cavs letting Kyrie Irving go for nothing.
    Exactly!
    They are letting a good young PG walk for nada. It's like finding a rare gem and then throw it away because you think it's a fake.

Originally Posted by SomeUser
    Any sources on these? I keep seeing people say it on these forums, but haven't seen it anywhere else. Are they just rumors?

@Crazy8's, It would be great if you did that.
    Rumors. No confirmed source.

★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar

2007–08 Chicago 66 18 22.6 .387 .348 .813 1.8 4.0 .7 .0 5.8
    2008–09 New York 79 78 36.8 .421 .391 .856 3.1 7.2 .9 .1 11.1
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2009–10 Charlotte 80 80 33.0 .459 .385 .763 3.6 5.6 1.5 .3 12.1
    2010–11 New York 54 54 38.4 .423 .328 .867 3.6 9.0 1.8 .2 17.1
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2010–11 Golden State 29 0 9.8 .389 .200 .760 1.2 1.4 1.1 .3 2.6
    2011–12 New York 35 25 26.9 .446 .320 .798 3.1 6.2 1.6 .3 14.6

3 Players who were thought of as trash before the Knicks signed them... If you feel like doing your homework look at the season they played after leaving NY and Mike Dantoni ... Now tell me again why it is logical to pay the guy 25 mil over 3 years

Now we wasted money on Kidd, we need to amnesty him ASAP.

Im gonna miss Lin, here's a tribute for him for carrying us into the playoffs...but we got to move on now.

Last edited by BIG APPLE SPORTS; Jul 16, 2012 at 11:27.

Veteran

I feel as if the Knicks are doing what Real Madrid did in the early 2000's. Real Madrid had an excellent defensive midfielder named Claude Makelele. However, compared to the "Galacticos" on the team like Zinedine Zidane, Luis Figo, and David Beckham, Makelele was making next to nothing in salary, so he asked for a raise, since he was, after all, the best defensive midfielder in the world.

Real Madrid refused to raise his salary despite spending millions on guys like Beckham, which Zinedine Zidane equated to adding a layer of gold to a Bentley that has no engine in it.

So Makelele signed with Chelsea FC, where he led them to two league titles and league cups, whereas Real Madrid failed to win a trophy for the next five years.

We do have to remember that, as overpaid as Lin is going to be this year, he was tremendously underpaid last year and hasn't made a drop of money for his team. He has made his team profits in the hundreds of millions and he took home a second-rounder's salary last year. He deserves to get paid more than that, and while it is a bit high in 2014, think of it as making up for 2011-2012 where he played MUCH better than the salary he was making.

^

He's not gone yet.

I certainly don't believe Dolan will let his cash angel just float away, either. This can't be a cap/tax concern for Dolan, and if Lin isn't signed, he deserves to be crucified. I don't necessarily mean that letting Lin go is a bad decision for the team, mind you. If anything, Lin needs this city, its team and its vets more than they need him in a basketball only sense.

But all that cash and all those fans gone? When Jimmy Colan's only concern in any sense related to the Knicks is ticket prices, endorsements, revenue and overheads......

Come on.......

He'd be mad to let emotions dictate the end of Linsanity. I can't believe Linsanity still comes up as a typo.

MSG stock already down 10% from the highs since the Lin news.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

That's a cool 260 MILLION it has lost in market cap.
    Let's see what happens on Wednesday. MSG is a traded company. The money that Lin is going to get paid is a dime in the bucket. My guess is there's a lot of pressure being applied to Dolan right now from his shareholders.

Originally Posted by LINvincible
    One of the BEST POST written about the whole situation.
    Thanks for the props, Linvincible. Let's hope that somehow Dolan pulls his head out of his butt by tomorrow

Shlt Rockets' fans say.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I'm not really an expert on trade rules and cap rules but is it possible for us to use lin in a sign and trade situation? I know there are other teams out there that need a money making PG.

Originally Posted by friedtilapia
    I'm not really an expert on trade rules and cap rules but is it possible for us to use lin in a sign and trade situation? I know there are other teams out there that need a money making PG.
    Lin can not be traded in a sign and trade or otherwise until January 15th regardless of the situation... if i'm not mistaken
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Jul 16, 2012 at 12:22.

Veteran

Which is no big deal. If we really need to, we can send Lin to a non-contender after the season.

Default Attention All KO Wannabe GM's

i personally find it interesting how KO posters are divided on re-signing Lin. before the 2nd poison pill was offered by Houston, most posters (other than Jim KC and a few more) thought Knicks would match and be OK with it. with the new 3-year, 25 Million offer out there, those f*cking "sources" won't STFU how Knicks will not re-sign the Linsanity effect and a lot more folks are divided over Felton vs Lin.

question is, what is Lin worth? 800K he was paid for 25 games of Linsanity? doesn't he deserve a lot more just for skyrocketing interest in the Knicks and bringing a winning flavor to a lackluster D'amntoni-dominated team? Is Lin worth $5M for 1 year? is he worth $10.25M for 2 years?

think about what he brings to the Knicks, what he has brought to the organization, how he improved the team all around, and lastly, what he brings to the marketing table.

With the aging stars currently on the team, we've got a 2-year window to make things happen. If Lin has not impressed by then, if STAT and MELO have not meshed into true champions by then, don't you think Knicks FO will be getting rid of STAT and Lin before luxury tax hell kicks in? If Lin does not prove his 2-year/$10M worth, his contract become valuable as a trade asset.

Let's not think about year 3 at this point, let think about how Lin makes the Knicks better, how he should be the healthy starting point guard for a team trying to win now. Let's talk the 2-year plan. Let's talk about winning this year and or next...THIS is WINSANITY!!

I SAY...MATCH MOFO's!!

love from your new mod-dammit!

Veteran

This sucks. People are still saying he’s worth it but barely know anything about the guy. Has anybody even seen this guy play since he was injured?
    Big ass contract is only going to cause dissention within the locker room because guys have been around longer and played more consistently…but are not making as much for their skill contributions.
    Dolan doesn’t need the money. The Knicks will make plenty money regardless of Lin….they always have. If we keep him and he ends up a bust the signing will be another example of Knicks spending big on underachievers….I’m sure this is on the minds of Dolan and the management.
    Like I said eailier when all this was first reported…let Houston have him so they can be the laughing stock of the NBA for the next 3 years. He’s no franchise, as I recall…everyone was saying Kidd’s tutelage will make him better, But, IMO… a player at this pay rate is suppose to be primed not trained. This has to be a Joke. What the hell is on his mind and his supporters? lol, Ridiculous.
    “Houston, we have a problem!!” lol