Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
Can somebody tell me why Lin went back to the rockets asking more money after he found out the knicks was going to match?If he done that behind the knicks back then he did'nt want to be here.Im sure he is a great guy but WHY did he do that behind the knicks back after they was the ONLY team to give him a real chance in the NBA.

Because they offered him more money.If you are offered 5 million extra dollars, you don't turn it down. To turn that money is doing a disservice to yourself, your family, and in his case his church.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
The Elite Pg's

Cp3
Parker
Westbrook
Rose
Nash
Deron
Irving
Lawson
Rondo
Wall

Average Pg's

Lin
Felton
Holiday
Conley
Teague
Lowry
Jennings
Nelson
Kidd
Collinson
Curry
Rubio
Calderon

Etc etc

The point is Lin is not the missing piece to us getting a championship get over it, (and i like Lin). Lin is a average PG with Flaws and needs alot more added to his game to be on the level with the big boys.

The players on our team barely even compliment each other, Lin just adds onto the complicated chemistry issues (melo, Amare, Lin) ALL NEED THE BALL IN THERE HANDS to play up to their full potential.

In this system woodson runs the offense through our (STAR PLAYERS aka Melo aka STAT) so we are going to pay Lin 25 mill to pass the ball to melo and Amare? any of those other average pg's who's arguably in LINS TALENT RANGE as of right now, can easily dish the ball to our star players (WITHOUT ALL THE TURNOVERs)

I'm not mad nor am i'm happy with this move... i'm more upset we lost him for nothing when we could of easily Matched and Sent Lin to Houston starting January 15th which is when he would of been eligible to be traded... or we could of matched and groomed him for future purposes.

Either way... Lin is grossly overrated and people make him into something he is clearly not as of yet. Don't get me wrong he has potential and a high ceiling but god damn let the Kid Improve his game and skills, it's like people are stuck in (Linsanity Mindstate) Linsanity died when teams started to figure out his game and Dantoni departed... it's up to him to become a better player... and that is all

You think it was bad when Chalmers and the Heat destroyed Lin and took him out his game? Imagine in the playoffs when the defense is at MAX level all 4 quarters, so what are we doing here are we in train LIN MODE or WIN NOW MODE while our stars are in their prime? think about it.

In Houston he has a chance to become more an elite pg. He sure as hell has more of an opportunity than he does over than over in Houston than he does here in Knicks world, where the offense is not running through him.

Im happy for Lin, good luck to him it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Lets Move On

Suffice it to say -- our starting backcourt is Felton and JR. Who is going to guard the Kyrie Irvings and and Russell Westbrooks? And I am not suggesting that Lin could have done much. Kidd cannot keep up with them. Shumpert will not be back until January and probably not at full strength when he comes back.

I think Carmelo is great offensively and has the capacity to play terrific defense. But Amare' is slipping and it appears that Chandler and Melo get in his way. I have no confidence in Felton whatsoever. This could be a very difficult season, Houston's first trip to the Garden should be interesting.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Sad that Lin left but Knicks still look pretty good with:

- Kidd/Felton
- Shump/JR
- Melo/JR
- Stat/Novak
- Chandler/Camby

The only chance for this team to me any good and make some noise in the playoffs is Melo has to play team ball and that won't happen. We could have been a very good team last season but melo,just could'nt pass the ball to the open guy.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
A lot of so called Knick fans are currently joining Rockets boards smfh

**** that has been said is just too funny, the moment a fan says this team is now my 2nd favorite team shows me a lot of ****

you can still like Lin and hope he does well but keep the Lin bull**** off of KO
preach! preach!

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Sad that Lin left but Knicks still look pretty good with:

- Kidd/Felton
- Shump/JR
- Melo/JR
- Stat/Novak
- Chandler/Camby

It will be more like:
Felton / Kidd / Prigioni
Jr / Shump / White
Melo / Novak
STAT / Thomas
Chandler / Camby

Still 3 roster spots open, will be interesting to see how Grunwald fills it out. I'd like us to add another player at the 2,3,4 positions.

Wargames

Starter
As if there wasn't any doubt before that we have the worst owner in all of sports. Can a self respecting Knicks fan be a cablevision subscriber? I know some people on here don't think this is a big deal/and some are even happy to see him go. What I will say though is that of the people who spend money to go to games, many expected that he would be on the court, and many will be extremely hostile to this team at the first sign of distress. Lets hope for no losing streaks this season or we may see things really start to fall apart at MSG.

Dammit your right I got to change cable companies. I know its going to take work but it's the best and most realistic way to protest against Dolan.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I disagree. We went the old PG route a couple of times before and it didnt work out. Derrick Harper and Doc Rivers.

That group played team ball thow and made it to the finals in 94.Do you think this years team even with kidd and felton will be as successfull as the Harper and rivers team was?I don't b/c every team needs to share the ball and with melo on the team it will never happen.JMO

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Lin is not nor will he ever be an elite PG..PERIOD.!!!!

Get a grip folks, some of you act like we just the next lost Oscar Robertson.

Hard to judge much of anything from last season. It was a roller coaster season where game in and game out we just tossed a line up on the floor and hoped for the best.

Yes I know, I know Lin balled against likes of Kobe but also same dude who got raped by Jarret Jack and Jose Calderon.

For once nice to see the Knicks not cave into sentiment, i.e trading Childs for over the hill Mark Jackson, huge contract to Houston, trading Spree for nothing, etc etc etc.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I see it now NBA Opening Night Double Header

Celtics @ Heat

followed by

Knicks @ Rockets

Then Lin returns to the Garden the day he finally got a shot in February

CoolClyde

Gob-Lin C*ck

well, now that Lin is gone and there's nothing we can do about it, it's time to move on and hope the Knicks kick ass next season.

I'm pissed at Dolan for all the money he's spent on horrible trades (Jerome James, Eddy Curry), refurbishing MSG to the tune of $250M, $11.09 on Anucha Browne Sanders, and getting the Knicks back to salary cap hell where we can't take a chance on the future of the team.

However, at the same time, I'm pissed at Lin and especially his agent for going back to Houston to make a bigger poison pill for the Knicks to swallow, which leads me to believe it was a selfish move by him and his agent, and definitely not a pro-Knicks move, and HAD to be seen as a f*ck you to Dolan.

all this being said, I hope Lin and his agent get stabbed in the back in Houston, like he stabbed the Knicks in the back, I hope Houston sucks ass this year, and I hope the entire NBA puts Lin in their crosshairs to cause him to be a frustrated D-League player.

Sorry to say that, but now that Lin is no longer a Knickerbocker, I hate his guts, and I want the Knicks to win a championship without him. Lin and agent can choke on a Houston d*ck.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
488204.jpg

Ghostowl

Benchwarmer
I think some people either forget or blindly over look the simple fact of the Knicks having other great players on this team that is helping JLin look better than he actually is. If he (Lin) hasn't improved his handle, his defense, and his toughness/durablility

Lol at how you think other great players made him better. If we recall, our great players were out when Lin was having his linsanity run. He made other players look better because he was able to penetrate their defense and make good passes which made even Chandler have a post-up game.There's no question that he drove the Knicks offense at one point.

His handle is fine, his defense is actually really good, and he is known to be able to take hits while finishing at the rim because he's "deceptively" tougher than he looks. Your points are moot.

His real problems are his turnovers(but that's inflated number since he played so many minutes under Antoni), his inability to go left(which has shown progress over the last couple games)

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
well, now that Lin is gone and there's nothing we can do about it, it's time to move on and hope the Knicks kick ass next season.

I'm pissed at Dolan for all the money he's spent on horrible trades (Jerome James, Eddy Curry), refurbishing MSG to the tune of $250M, $11.09 on Anucha Browne Sanders, and getting the Knicks back to salary cap hell where we can't take a chance on the future of the team.

However, at the same time, I'm pissed at Lin and especially his agent for going back to Houston to make a bigger poison pill for the Knicks to swallow, which leads me to believe it was a selfish move by him and his agent, and definitely not a pro-Knicks move, and HAD to be seen as a f*ck you to Dolan.

all this being said, I hope Lin and his agent get stabbed in the back in Houston, like he stabbed the Knicks in the back, I hope Houston sucks ass this year, and I hope the entire NBA puts Lin in their crosshairs to cause him to be a frustrated D-League player.

Sorry to say that, but now that Lin is no longer a Knickerbocker, I hate his guts, and I want the Knicks to win a championship without him. Lin and agent can choke on a Houston d*ck.

RELAX!!!!!!!!!!

Lin is a decent PG no more no less.

Knicks did what was in their best interest, Lin did what was in his best interest, time to move on.

Getting a little bit Clevelandish among the Knick faithful. Suffice it to say Lin walking is hardly akin to the LBJ "Decision".

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

CA7

Scoring Champ
The crowd will boo Melo until they're blue in the face but hey he cant let that effect him

remember he didn't sign off on a Brooklyn trade, he didn't re-negotiate a deal with a team after Knicks brass said we'll match, he wants to be here and wants us to win a title

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
The crowd will boo Melo until they're blue in the face but hey he cant let that effect him

remember he didn't sign off on a Brooklyn trade, he didn't re-negotiate a deal with a team after Knicks brass said we'll match, he wants to be here and wants us to win a title
Carmelo Antho-NY!!!!