Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 82 of 140 FirstFirst ... 32526276777879808182838485868788102112132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Default Melo Likes Lin, Hates Rockets' Contract Offer

Carmelo Anthony, who recently called Jeremy Lin's offer signing with the Rockets "ridiculous", apparently wants Lin back with the Knicks.........

I guess Melo has separated the player from the contract offer.........

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Default Online Petition for Knicks to Match Rockets Offer for Lin...........

The one who set up the petition hoped for 10,000 signatures prior to the deadline....... It's very close to reality.

(I guess hardly anybody from Houston, TX signed the petition.)

Damage control. Melo should of avoided having any opinion on this issue since there will be fan backlash. It should be aimed solely at Dolan and the Knicks FO who in a lot of ways betrayed what a lot of fans feel was the sole perk of being a Knicks fan, Dolan's wallet.

However with Melo's and JR's statement I can see them easily being made into the heels of this whole fiasco. The Knicks FO needs to step in front the bullet and release a press statement that explains their decision from a purely business standpoint to ease the burden of fan angst away from the players. This is a Dolan F*uck up, not Melo's.

Lin will be re-signed.

There....I said it.

And if I'm wrong?....ha-ha. Oh well. This is just a forum and I don't care what people here think of me anyway. You shouldn't either.

Most posters here throw a hissy-fit when they feel they are been attacked or disrepected. Who cares! When you reach a certain age, 1) you don't care how you look, and 2) you don't give a fvck about what other people (you don't know) think.

Now, Jimmy Dolan should start a winery in China like the Rockets owner Les Alexander. I'm sure Leslie's wines and other business ventures in China, Hong Kong, and Macau took a hit after Yao retired. Thus the need for JLin as a spokesperson, and Les giving Daryl Morey his checkbook. Dolan - take notes. China is the Final Frontier. Yes, it's bigger than NY....and the U.S....and, with a rapidly growing middle-class......with spending money.
    Last edited by onex0is0; Jul 17, 2012 at 02:24.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    Damage control. Melo should of avoided having any opinion on this issue since there will be fan backlash. It should be aimed solely at Dolan and the Knicks FO who in a lot of ways betrayed what a lot of fans feel was the sole perk of being a Knicks fan, Dolan's wallet.

However with Melo's and JR's statement I can see them easily being made into the heels of this whole fiasco. The Knicks FO needs to step in front the bullet and release a press statement that explains their decision from a purely business standpoint to ease the burden of fan angst away from the players. This is a Dolan F*uck up, not Melo's.
    I agree with everything you just said 100%...Even if Melo didn't say anything about Lin's contract being "ridiculous," he would still get the blame for the Knicks not matching. Now it will just be even worse. The reality, though, is that Dolan will never admit to being cheap and making this move from a financial standpoint. He will use guys in the FO as "sources" who leak BS to guys like Stephen A smith and Alan Hahn about how there was some personal difference, contract dispute, the "injury" thing, etc, when in reality, he just doesn't want to pay the luxury tax because he knows he can get away with it.

If anything, these past few days of doubt may have just been a way for the FO to test the waters and see just how angry the fan reaction would be. If Dolan thinks he can get away with saving the 60 million, he sure as hell is going to do it

The petition hit 10,000 signatures, but then upped the "goal" to 15,000 signatures...........

Superstar

Dolan doesn't give a **** about any petition

Superstar

Originally Posted by elcol
    We are just analyzing the front offices moves, as is always done around these forums..

Why are you so butthurt?
    C'mon. This forum has been anything but an analysis of FO moves, rather it has been an attempted analysis of one potential FO move with a variety of stories ranging from people declaring they are going to start supporting the Nets should Lin leave, to the effect this move will have on MSG stocks(?!?). In the meantime the Knicks have acquired Felton, Kidd, Camby, Thomas, and have re-signed Novak and JR Smith whilst keeping hold of our big 3 and one of the most talented rookies in 2011-12. There's much to look forward to next season regardless of whether Lin re-signs or not, though this is not reflected in the attitudes of many posters. I really get the impression it's others that are butthurt over this situation.
    Last edited by TakMan; Jul 17, 2012 at 03:40.

Originally Posted by tkrieger
    Carmelo Anthony, who recently called Jeremy Lin's offer signing with the Rockets "ridiculous", apparently wants Lin back with the Knicks.........

I guess Melo has separated the player from the contract offer.........

There is def ego problems with all ball clubs but Lin wont games single handedly and players dont forget that.

I know people think melo wants Lin out but I really think melo is just tired of coming short and even though Lin's contract is ridiculous, the player is a game changer.

And seriously, Melo is making max money so he can't talk about any contract being ridiculous. Simply getting paid 20 million is ridiculous compared to every person in this country dead broke from the economy.

You lose more by letting Lin go.

I still take the advice by Walt Frazier...sign him now and worry about later, later.

The Knicks will have a BUNCH of expiring contracts on lin's 3 year....Amare, Chandler, Melo, Kidd, and Felton will all be expiring contracts. Expiring contracts are trade assets.

Nyk Logo Lin will be resigned

I am going against the grain here. Book it.

All of these sources really have no idea what Lin and Knicks management is thinking. They are trying to connect the dots.

Reporters have been saying Knicks would wait until the 11th hour and then possibly sign Lin, just to stick it to the Rockets. This can be the one true "source" because it makes sense.

Just think this way people....Knicks and Rockets have been in a chess match the whole off season. What a better way to screw Houston than to resign Lin, while making Houston wait 3 days where they could have made more moves to improve their crappy team?

If we resign Lin, Houston has no options for PG unless they trade for Calderon and the Raptors won't give him up cheap. Lin is their last hope to lure Dwight to stay and give fans something to cheer about and a reason to buy tickets for an upcoming dismal year.

Take the advice of Walt Frazier...."Worry about later, later" Clyde is a smart man....resign Lin, pay him 5 mil in year 1 and 2 which we can argue is under valuing a player like Lin that will only get better. Then when year 3 starts creeping around we will know by then if he fits with these players. If he doesn't fit, trade him and someone WILL take him. If Rashard Lewis, Gilbert Arenas, and Joe Johnson can all be moved, then Lin will with his crazy hype.

Also in year 3, we have Amare, Chandler, Melo, Kidd and Felton all in their final years of their deals....which means TRADE ASSETS.

Players in the last year of their deals are big trade assets and we have a bunch of them. Who is to say we can't get rid of someone in year 3 besides Lin?

And who knows what Lin will be in year 3? We say he is not worth it...yea not worth it now....but the Knicks felt he would be worth 9 million by then...what if Lin becomes an allstar by then and orchestrates the offense? Then is he worth a max deal for one year? The one player that can make everyone gel and score at a high rate at the same time? Is that not possible by year 3?

resign him, worry about year 3 when it comes around.

Or else we lose a diamond in the rough for nothing, this is bad business and stupid management.

Superstar

gaaaaahhhhhhh!!....Please at least put "why I think Lin will be resigned"

You almost gave me a heart attack lol

Lin will either be Yao or Yi

Smh this is gonna be A LONG DAY

Your using logic when I fear this decision is being made based on emotion.... Whenever emotion is involved no one knows what's going to happen. Logic would say they already got Kidd bring Lin in and at worse look for the trade later. Letting him go for nothing is foolish as all hell.

Ive also always had a strong feeling he will be resigned..

its not like he's not gonna be tradeable in the next 2-3 years, before the luxury tax...

my call is Grunwald and Co are gonna wait until late tonight to match.

Yep, it just doesn't make sense to let him walk.
    Match, and Knicks can trade him for SOMETHING later, instead of getting nothing by letting him walk.

Smart move would be to keep him year 1 and year 2 for cheap, and trade him in year 3 if anything.
    Last edited by Uncle Robo; Jul 17, 2012 at 05:36.