View Poll Results: What to do with Lin?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

    16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

    27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

    13 23.21%
Page 85 of 140 FirstFirst ... 35556579808182838485868788899091105115135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

  1. #1261
    Member LINvincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    The 3rd largest shareholder of MSG stocks issued a sell rating on Lin today.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Ouch!
    So maybe it's not Dolan.
    Last edited by LINvincible; Jul 17, 2012 at 10:09.

  2. #1262
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,318
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I'm starting to think that trading for Felton doesn't necessarily mean NYK wont match offer sheet & bring LIN back.

    LOOK, Shumpert is out until Jan-Feb. He may hit a bump in the road and be lost until March. In other words, who knows what we'll get from Shump this season.

    Knicks need a SG. Simple as that.

    JR Smith did the Knicks a real solid by signing so cheaply. I guess this is why news of HOU's offer to LIN irked him. He stayed with NYK at a bargain price so NYK would be able to build a winner. HOU offered that ridiculous contract, so if NY matches then it hurts us... But I digress. It wont hurt until 2014-2015.

    JR Smith is best suited as the team's 6th man. I know Woodsen has faith in him; I realize he plays hard & plays defense... But he's too streak to be dependable. He's a volume shooter anyway. If he's instant offense off the bench, then he's one of the top 6th-men in the NBA. Our 2nd unit doesn't skip a beat. IF JR starts, then we still have a hole (depth at SG), and on some nights we even have a weakness from the SG position.

    This means Knicks have 3 options:

    1) Sign a vet to time-share at SG, holding things down until Shump returns, & serving as insurance in case Smith cannot consistently handle the role.

    2) Go with JR, knowing we can rotate PGs into combo roles... We'll get by until Shump returns, even if it hurts us a game here or there. We know we can always swing a trade if necessary at the deadline.

    3) KEEP LIN. As crazy as it sounds, this means you don't have to sign a vet and hope for the best; you don't have to depend on some team trading you a SG at the deadline; and if Shump doesn't return until March or even is out all year... all is well.

    Why?

    It's obvious, the Knicks will be built around their powerful front court, and they'll go the Ewing way when Ward & Childs were running around.

    Felton & Lin would start.

    Sure, it would be a work-in-progress at first, and might be an overkill this season... But Kidd is OLD (and the DUI might have swayed Dolan to not put all his eggs in this basket). WHo knows what Pablo is.

    Retaining Jeremy LIN would ensure we have a PG. Between the 4 options, at least 1 will emerge this season.

    Anyway, Kidd would be the backup... JR Smith the 6th-man.

    Depending on matchups, chemistry and what not, Woodsen would have plenty of options and combinations to work with.

    Felton runs the offense and works the pick-n-roll. Gritty vet who will compete. Kidd passes and can pop the kickout 3.

    Pablo... we shal see.

    But JR & LIN will both penetrate & dish, and create...


    What's wrong with that?

  3. #1263
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    ^

    A skeptics view. Nicely put, too.

    What if Lin were to break out again at approx $8M a year? We can only prognosticate, but I certainly wouldn't be shocked if he were to turn out a 15 and 10 PG.

    Would numbers close to that range afford him a little faith from you, RNYB?

  4. #1264
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    I'm starting to think that trading for Felton doesn't necessarily mean NYK wont match offer sheet & bring LIN back.

    LOOK, Shumpert is out until Jan-Feb. He may hit a bump in the road and be lost until March. In other words, who knows what we'll get from Shump this season.

    Knicks need a SG. Simple as that.

    JR Smith did the Knicks a real solid by signing so cheaply. I guess this is why news of HOU's offer to LIN irked him. He stayed with NYK at a bargain price so NYK would be able to build a winner. HOU offered that ridiculous contract, so if NY matches then it hurts us... But I digress. It wont hurt until 2014-2015.

    JR Smith is best suited as the team's 6th man. I know Woodsen has faith in him; I realize he plays hard & plays defense... But he's too streak to be dependable. He's a volume shooter anyway. If he's instant offense off the bench, then he's one of the top 6th-men in the NBA. Our 2nd unit doesn't skip a beat. IF JR starts, then we still have a hole (depth at SG), and on some nights we even have a weakness from the SG position.

    This means Knicks have 3 options:

    1) Sign a vet to time-share at SG, holding things down until Shump returns, & serving as insurance in case Smith cannot consistently handle the role.

    2) Go with JR, knowing we can rotate PGs into combo roles... We'll get by until Shump returns, even if it hurts us a game here or there. We know we can always swing a trade if necessary at the deadline.

    3) KEEP LIN. As crazy as it sounds, this means you don't have to sign a vet and hope for the best; you don't have to depend on some team trading you a SG at the deadline; and if Shump doesn't return until March or even is out all year... all is well.

    Why?

    It's obvious, the Knicks will be built around their powerful front court, and they'll go the Ewing way when Ward & Childs were running around.

    Felton & Lin would start.

    Sure, it would be a work-in-progress at first, and might be an overkill this season... But Kidd is OLD (and the DUI might have swayed Dolan to not put all his eggs in this basket). WHo knows what Pablo is.

    Retaining Jeremy LIN would ensure we have a PG. Between the 4 options, at least 1 will emerge this season.

    Anyway, Kidd would be the backup... JR Smith the 6th-man.

    Depending on matchups, chemistry and what not, Woodsen would have plenty of options and combinations to work with.

    Felton runs the offense and works the pick-n-roll. Gritty vet who will compete. Kidd passes and can pop the kickout 3.

    Pablo... we shal see.

    But JR & LIN will both penetrate & dish, and create...


    What's wrong with that?


    JR did not sign cheap....No team offered him another or better deal...!!!!!
    As for JR penetrating....he went to the foul line less then 10 times in 70 shot attempts in the playoffs....

  5. #1265
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by LINvincible
    The 3rd largest shareholder of MSG stocks issued a sell rating on Lin today.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    Ouch!
    So maybe it's not Dolan.

    Yeah, that has been the exact reasoning for why Dolan wouldn't want to do this deal that i've been saying for the past 2 days. "Reporters" like Isola/Stephen A who attribute this decision to the "85 %" issue or 2nd contract negotiation need to realize they are just being made look like a fool by FO people who don't want to admit they want to save money.

    The bottom line, though, is that reasoning is all from a financial standpoint directly from Dolan's wallet. Without Lin, Dolan is 60 million dollars richer, and the Knicks are good enouh to put people in the seats, maybe be a playoff team and win a series if we are lucky. With him, there is potential we haven't tapped, although a championship is still unlikely, and a large uptick in ticket revenue is unlikely.

  6. #1266
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default Larry Coon Enlightenment

    A must read!

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  7. #1267
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    A must read!

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Slowly, the BS reasons for not matching the offer that the FO is putting out through Stephen A and Frank Isola are being shot down by responsible writers.

    Next Target: The whole 85% lie. Somebody get the Knicks medical staff on the phone ASAP.

  8. #1268
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by BillyHoyle
    Next Target: The whole 85% lie. Somebody get the Knicks medical staff on the phone ASAP.
    Would you mind enlightening me? I have an almost terminal case of can'tbe****editis when it comes to searching for such things.

  9. #1269
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    "resign lin, worry about later, later" Walt Clyde Frazier

  10. #1270
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Would you mind enlightening me? I have an almost terminal case of can'tbe****editis when it comes to searching for such things.
    Basically, Stephen A and Frank Isola have been tweeting and talking about how Lin is soft for not playing in the playoffs last season despite being, "85% healthy," and that this is one of the reasons the Knicks wouldn't match the offer.... Of course, neither of these guys has a medical degree and personally examined Lin or i guess understands how coming back from injury works...You can be "85%" and still not ready to play in an NBA game, for example, if you are still have instability making a lateral cut. Meniscus injuries don't heal fast (I have been around and seen many), but who cares, since it is a good story to run on and say he could have played but decided not, and apparently plenty of people (as exemplified by some posters on this board) will still believe you are credible.

    That's why that Q&A you posted may have been the first real good journalism that i've seen on this issue...Somebody actually bothered to read the CBA and remove some misinformation that is floating around.

  11. #1271
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Deathstroke
    Not an overraction to the whole Lin situation(in fact I don't care about that at all) but damn that fool is a goddamn idiot, he isn't going to sell EVER and he's going to continue to run the franchise into the ground, unless we get a GM that kicks Dolan out of the FO like the Rangers GM did then were not going anywhere. I see one of three options: Either we put a hit out on him, we kidnap him or we lobotomize him or something.....
    Dolan should do a God Father part 1 on Lin...."I'll give him an offer he can't refuse"

    Dolan walks up to Lin, gun in one hand, contract in the other. Dolan stares at Lin and says "Sign or your brains will be on the contract"


    Done.

  12. #1272
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by BillyHoyle
    Basically, Stephen A and Frank Isola have been tweeting and talking about how Lin is soft for not playing in the playoffs last season despite being, "85% healthy," and that this is one of the reasons the Knicks wouldn't match the offer.... Of course, neither of these guys has a medical degree and personally examined Lin or i guess understands how coming back from injury works...You can be "85%" and still not ready to play in an NBA game, for example, if you are still have instability making a lateral cut. Meniscus injuries don't heal fast (I have been around and seen many), but who cares, since it is a good story to run on and say he could have played but decided not, and apparently plenty of people (as exemplified by some posters on this board) will still believe you are credible.

    That's why that Q&A you posted may have been the first real good journalism that i've seen on this issue...Somebody actually bothered to read the CBA and remove some misinformation that is floating around.
    Right......So now injuries are determined by percentage, and by those that know jack? I couldn't imagine feeling any sense of self respect coming from being a narcissistic, fabricator/twister of truths.

    Skip Bayless, Stephen A, Jalen Rose, Broussard, Isola and so on, could all be replaced and outmatched by members of this very board. You'd then have to go through the rigmarole of weeding out all the knob head fans that pay any attention to them afterward, of course.

    Unbelievable.

  13. #1273
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Good Thread

    This has been a good thread. Many thanks to Crazy8s, CoolClyde and some others for moving it along with solid information. I knew there were some sort of "stretch" provisions in the new CBA, but did not know enough about them to see their possible application with respect to Lin's third year. Walt Frazier is right, worry about later, later. If it is personal with Dolan, he can trade Lin to a destination Lin would not like.

    By the way, does anyone know a site with a complete copy of the new CBA?

  14. #1274
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    195
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Right......So now injuries are determined by percentage, and by those that know jack? I couldn't imagine feeling any sense of self respect coming from being a narcissistic, fabricator/twister of truths.

    Skip Bayless, Stephen A, Jalen Rose, Broussard, Isola and so on, could all be replaced and outmatched by members of this very board. You'd then have to go through the rigmarole of weeding out all the knob head fans that pay any attention to them afterward, of course.

    Unbelievable.
    Add to that the fact that THE KNICKS THEMSELVES said they would hold Lin out unless they reached the 2nd round, and you really see how full of **** these reporters are.

    The Knicks were protecting their own investment and thinking long-term by not allowing Lin to play in the first round. If the Knicks made it to the 2nd round and Lin still didn't play, it would be cause for skepticism.

    ...but I don't understand how you criticize Lin for not playing in the playoffs at 85% WHEN IT WASN'T EVEN HIS DECISION IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

    It's times like these that I hate the NBA news and all the misinformed commenters.

  15. #1275
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Why the FORKS would Lin play in the Heat series?

    Knicks had 0 chance of winning the series with or without Lin, makes no difference.

    Guy did the smart thing by taking time to heal completely. I don't knock Lin for this, I support him.

    LINNYLINNYLINNY COME BACK TO ME COME BACK TO NEW YORK MR LIN WE NEEEED YOU

Similar Threads

  1. Was Jeremy Lin At 100% While With the Knicks??
    By tkrieger in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2012, 07:53
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2012, 13:05
  3. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 01:07
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 16:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •