NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
You really don't?

1. Deron/Fatguy
2. Joe/JR "he ain't earn it" Smith
3. G Wallace/Marshmelo
4. Hump/Amar'e
5. Lopez/Tyson

The only clear advantage we have is at center. I think G Wallace plays solid D and can contain Marshmelo, or at least blunt his efforts. Joe Johnson is in an entirely different class than JR and you can't put Felton/Kidd in the same sentence as Deron at this point.

SORRY, ONCE AGAIN YOUR CONSTANT HATING IS....WRONG

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
JUMPERS OFF THE DRIBBLE
Minimum 90 FGA Last Season Stephen Curry 52.9 Steve Nash 48.5 Jeremy Lin 47.9 Gary Neal 46.6 Delonte West 46.2 Felton: 32.7 FG percentage
(85th of 102 players)

Of the 102 players who attempted at least 90 jumpers off the dribble, only Stephen Curry and Steve Nash shot a higher field goal percentage than Lin. Felton ranked 85th of those 102 players, shooting just 33 percent.

Can't shoot of the dribble.
Not quick enough to drive and finish around the balance.
Poor 3 point FG %.

Ya...it's going to be a long season for the NYK. How the hell is this team going to get past the 2nd round.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_...s-make-major-blunder-letting-jeremy-lin-leave

watch the vid around 1:45.. is something just going right over my head or is this interviewer completely clueless? the guy he's interviewing says that lin isnt gona be worth 14 mil two years from now and the guy said "even if it doesnt effect your salary cap" then shortly says "it wont affect the knicks signing other players because its just luxury tax."

first of all; the 14 mil was the salary cap and then the lux tax penalty will be more than double that. to me the interviewer was saying the 14 mil was all luxury tax. and not only that, but he made it seem like "its not salary cap so why does it matter if the knicks go over the luxury tax?" what??? the 14 mil theyd be paying him would be from the cap not luxury tax..obviously....

again; something could be going right over my head but he sounds retarded

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_...s-make-major-blunder-letting-jeremy-lin-leave

watch the vid around 1:45.. is something just going right over my head or is this interviewer completely clueless? the guy he's interviewing says that lin isnt gona be worth 14 mil two years from now and the guy said "even if it doesnt effect your salary cap" then shortly says "it wont affect the knicks signing other players because its just luxury tax."

first of all; the 14 mil was the salary cap and then the lux tax penalty will be more than double that. to me the interviewer was saying the 14 mil was all luxury tax. and not only that, but he made it seem like "its not salary cap so why does it matter if the knicks go over the luxury tax?" what??? the 14 mil theyd be paying him would be from the cap not luxury tax..obviously....

again; something could be going right over my head but he sounds retarded

Yes, something is going over your head. This guy knows exactly what he's talking about.

Because of Stat, Melo, and Chandler (60 million owed to these 3 players in the last year), the Knicks will still be over the salary cap/luxury tax even though they declined to match Lin's offer. The only reason that they had the money available to match Lin was because of the Early Bird Rights. So, even though the 14 million counts on the cap, it does not affect the flexibility of the Knicks FO, since there is no flexibility even without signing Lin. So, anybody who justifies this move by saying we can spend the money on other players is dead wrong, which is what the reporter rightfully cleared up. There are reasons not to match Lin's offer, but spending the money on other players is not one of them.

Hope this clears it up for you. Let me know if anything in this wasn't clear.

What is wrong with some of you people? Beside being spoon feed by idiots like Steven a smith and frank isola, can you guys think for yourself?

There was No offer from the Knicks. The rockets initial offer could not be signed until July 11th. Shortly after the first offer, the Knicks FO said they would match anything up to a billion. This was right out of the Knicks from office. As soon as the Rockets front office heard about that, they went all in with the 14 mil in the 3rd year. Lin got the offer and it was the ONLY offer out there. Before he signed, the Knicks flinched and quickly went after Felton. They got him BEFORE Lin could sign. After hearing the News LIN had No other choice. The Knicks already brought in Kidd, they then brought in Felton and promised the doughboy the starting gig. What the hell WOULD any of u do? Don't sign it. Wait for some ridiculous low ball contract? His negotiation with the rockets need to be in good faith. It's unethical for him to NOT sign that and take a 50% haircut to potentially sit on the NYK bench. He had no other option folks. Get your thumb out of your ass and draw your tongues away from Steven a smith's butthole.

There is no one to blame beside the front office of the Knicks. This is a screw up of biblical proportions.
Ffffghhj:gony:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
WTF are you saying, that Lowry is better than Lin???

Please pass the marijuana cigarette this way.

Notable Point Guards
Per 36 Minutes Last Season

Pts Ast
Jeremy Lin 19.6 8.3
Kyle Lowry 16.0 7.4
Goran Dragic 15.9 7.2

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/jeremy-lin

:boohoo:

hey hes right. lin was better than lowry

*Cracks Knuckles

*Clears throat

*Inserts face palm

tumblr_m6px43Jdwt1ranhnao1_250.gif

Lowry>>>LIN

Lowry has improved EVERY YEAR and was on the verge of having a breakout year last season UNTIL he had his stomach virus and groin injury. Lowry averaged 15.6 points, 5.3 rebounds, 7.6 assists PER GAME before the All-star break. The second half of the season his numbers came down when he started losing playing time. So how is Lin better than Lowry? Lowry was doing all that while also having to share time with Dragic who is a damn good PG himself... one can argue the Rockets had a pretty good balanced roster... and Lowry still put up those numbers? Lowry was straight beastin before his injury and was LIGHTS OUT behind the arc. Ontop of that Lowry had issues with his coach who was throwing his name in trade rumors.

LIN? you know why Lin numbers were impressive? because MELO was hurt and Stat was also having issues. So who had the ball? Lin had the ball, Lin was in control, Lin did the scoring, it was all about Lin. Lin got most of his Assit running pick and roll with Chandler who is FLAT OUT, HANDS DOWN better than any center the rockets had, and from Novak who is clearly a better shooter than any player the rockets have.

Lin's numbers died down, not just because Carmelo's presence was on the floor but because teams started FIGURING out his game.. the scouting reports were out we saw Lin struggle, turned the ball over, was exposed that he cant go left, and the Heat showed us if ya apply some hard full court pressure on the kid.. he's going to struggle even more. Lin proved he still has a long way to go before he can dominate games.

Lowry... teams know what to expect from Lowry, and he still goes out there and balls and puts up his numbers. Lin has YET to reach that level.... which is why alot of people still OVERRATE Lin, your still stuck in the Linsanity Era when nobody knew who he was or what to expect from him...News Flash my friends next season Players will exactly know who Lin is and will make the necessary Defensive adjustment to guard him, only this time it'll be much more easier since there is no Carmelo or Amare to have to worry about... unless you think ASIK will terrify the opponent

Lowry is not MUCH better than Lin, they are arguably in the SAME talent range, but Lowry is more POLISHED than Lin and you know what your getting from Lowry... Lin is still a mystery, i cant wait to see how Lin does going head to head against them Western conference PG's and those western conference teams who are way more tougher than these eastern conference teams. This season is going to the season for Lin to really prove himself.. the scouting reports are out and believe me it's going to be MUCH MUCH MUCH tougher for Lin.. since he's the "GUY" on his team. There's not going to be any Melo's or Chandler's or Amare's to pass the ball to when he struggles no more pick and rolls with Chandler. Lin's going to put up numbers just because he's going to be expected to but the rockets aren't going anywhere in reality.

Eventually will Lin be an Elite player in this league? perhaps!! is he right now? NO, he's an average PG that still needs to improve.. please spare me on how he's better than Lowry they are arguably in the same boat (Lin's just more popular)

Last edited:

Hayato

Benchwarmer
Yes, something is going over your head. This guy knows exactly what he's talking about.

Because of Stat, Melo, and Chandler (60 million owed to these 3 players in the last year), the Knicks will still be over the salary cap/luxury tax even though they declined to match Lin's offer. The only reason that they had the money available to match Lin was because of the Early Bird Rights. So, even though the 14 million counts on the cap, it does not affect the flexibility of the Knicks FO, since there is no flexibility even without signing Lin. So, anybody who justifies this move by saying we can spend the money on other players is dead wrong, which is what the reporter rightfully cleared up. There are reasons not to match Lin's offer, but spending the money on other players is not one of them.

Hope this clears it up for you. Let me know if anything in this wasn't clear.

i never advocated signing other players. i was quoting the guy.

so how could we lost at all giving lin that money even when we're gonna be over the salary cap and lux tax regardless and he had bird rights

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
i never advocated signing other players. i was quoting the guy.

The person who the reporter responded to is the one who advocated signing other players. That's why he went into detail.

so how could we lost at all giving lin that money even when we're gonna be over the salary cap and lux tax regardless and he had bird rights

I don't understand this? Please rephrase. Sounds like you're saying how could we lose by giving him the money? If so, yes I agree with that sentiment, and I think that is the point the reporter was trying to make. The only cost is financial, which was something Dolan and the FO didn't want to pay given the cheaper options of felton and Kidd.

NYNYK

Benchwarmer
Lin would have cost us around $40 million (last figure I heard and I'm going with it, correct me if I'm wrong) that 3rd year which sucks financially unless you consider that they could have spread that over a few more years and that we could have traded him before the 3rd year if his play was atrocious or Dolan just didn't want to lose money. Also, Lin's marketing potential is virtually limitless esp in a city like New York so who knows how much revenue he would have brought us.

Red

TYPE-A
However, in the case of the NY Knicks, the owner is bigger than the team.
way to go Dolan, fat f*ckface!

Admit it CC.

Lin did the one thing he could to f*ck this up. Everyone and their mother knew our intentions, it was no big secret.

But not everyone knew Lins intentons. His actions speak volumes.

Dummies will paint it as "he's just exercising his rights, blah, blah..."

But the truth is in the details. This isn't about a player who we tried to swindle and low-ball, so he bounced due to unappreciation.

This is about a player who let the "linsanity" go to his head and thought of the only way he could get out of the lime-light.

He tried to bite the hand that fed him. This is about principles. Your owner is your boss. This team however successful we were, was due to the "TEAM", and that includes everyone and D'Antoni.

Lin miscalculated in that aspect. He would've been a starter here also, so it wasn= that. And he only got 4mil more.

But he thought we valued Linsanity over winning. That we can't possibly pass on the spectical. He was wrong. And ultimately he pays for his gambles.

Why couldn't sign the first deal? You say it wasn't enough, I say it was more than enough.

Why couldn't he return with the 2nd offer to see our position, which obviously we would have said its a bit back-loaded?

Nope. He saw the numbers (which aren't all that much more than the 1st contract) and felt they were worth "Linsanity", without any warning he signed. That tells me "Linsanity" means more than winning to him.

And isn't this the big question with athletes?
Sign to a contender, but take less for the opportunity to win -or-
Sign to a loser, get more money with less chances of winning.

The choice is simple... Money vs Winning.

If you can't have both, then which one?

Lin chose money over wins. Case closed. Not a true fighter. Not a true Knick. An Asian dude who took the highest offer while he could.

I can't blame him, but I like many know he doesn't have that desire. And for that I praise Dolan. His actions provided a situation to take Linsanity out the picture and see if Jeremy wants to win...

He didn't.

Last edited:

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I don't see the Nets being any better then us .... another 7th/8th seed squad
They've got a decent bunch of starters, Super-Joe included, though their bench is a mystery.

Personally, I think the Nets have their stuff together in establishing a solid starting crew then working on assembling rotations. The Knicks still look like they have pieces missing, chemistry issues notwithstanding.

KnickolasMGL

Benchwarmer
it's senseless to defend Dolan's logics.

for those who are sober already knows the truth:
never let go of a promising young player for NOTHING (not to mention a big time marketing cash-cow, international name)