View Poll Results: What to do with Lin?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

    16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

    27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

    13 23.21%
Page 93 of 140 FirstFirst ... 43637387888990919293949596979899113123 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

  1. #1381
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    186
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Today will be a watershed moment in Knicks franchise history, and not for the better

  2. #1382
    Member LINvincible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    I didnt mean to put hate, i meant doubted Lin
    Now you changing your own quotes from Woodson hating on Lin to Woodson doubting on Lin?

    Okay jackass. Link and quote again.

    Are the moderators going to allow this guy to make false allegations on what Woodson said? As an attempt to defame Lin, you have also painted Woodson as a bad coach by starting lin at PG even though he doubted his abilities.

    If Woodson had no faith, then WHY DID HE START Lin. Why was LIN hitting the technical free throws?

  3. #1383
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    There were lots of blacks who were Yao fans. Just like there are lots of blacks who are Lin fans.

    To think that Lin fans are only Asians is just showing how stupid one really is. I have Asians friends who thinks JLin is NOT all that, and NY should let him walk to Houston. I get made fun of because I prefer Lin to stay in NY. It's good for the city and it brings people of all backgrounds together.

    JLin fans also include people who work hard, got the skills, was looked over, and never got the opportunity to shine - whether it's on the playground or at your workplace/employment. That's the whites, blacks, browns, red, purple, etc....the 99% of the population.

    Thinking that JLin fans are only Asians or only Asians like JLin is just absurd and shows that that person spends too much time in the basement.

    JLin fans are NOT only Asians......and there are Asians who are not JLin fans. If you can't get that thru your thick skull, then:







    .
    Last edited by onex0is0; Jul 17, 2012 at 18:00.

  4. #1384
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default Life as a Knick Fan

    This is disappointing news..disappointing news indeed

    As much as this feels like somebody punched me in the heart, even though it was little chance he was returning i still had a glimmer of hope that he would return. The same hope that one day we will one day the knicks would become champions

    I bid farewell to Jeremy Lin and wish him good luck in in his future endeavors and just like Gallo from afar i will watch his development and hope he become the PG of the future that we all think he can be. I wished i could experience his development with my child like my mom did with me during the Ewing years

    The funny part of this development is if he turns out to be a borderline all-star in three-four years time the FO will look like the joke is has been and will always will continue to be. Next thing you know Dolan would try to re-convince jermey to come back to the knicks because he has proven himself to be a STAR and try to entice him with the big city and marketing opportunities SMH at Dolan. Then at that time we will really overpay to bring him back

    Being a Knicks fan is like having Stockholm syndrome. We as fans are used to the abuse and we have adjusted our abusers sales pitch over time and we accept it, because there is that glimmer of hope that by mortgage the future now it will be fruitful for the present. We have always supposedly been in WIN NOW mode From Ernie Grunwald-Scott Layden-Isaiah Thomas-Donnie Walsh to our current GM Glen Grunwald. I have been conditioned for 21 years out my 26 years on this earth to mortgage the future for the present the now, stay patient stay the course they explain.

    They have conditioned us to accept trading away our Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing, Trading away Marcus Camby and Latrell Sprewell for peanuts to accept the Stephen Marbury will be our savior accept being financially irresponsible and spend money for Eddie Curry Jerome Jordan, Othella Harrington, Micheal Sweetny, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose because we are in WIN NOW they said all hired guns. Then Walsh gave us hope for the future Gallo-Felton-STAT-Mozgov-Chandler Version 1. Promishing us to rid of our past to compete. We fell in love with that team We were attached They were ours we can watch them grow into something special, they potential they had was worth the reward at the end
    But what do we have now? Hired Guns people who have made their names elsewhere that NY fans feel detached from because their are not ours the way Starks- Houston-Childs-Ward-Ewing-Sprewell-Thomas-Camby-Johnson where ours we watch them grow as team through playoff battles ups down and struggles

    Is Carmelo synonymis with the Knicks or with denver? Is STAT synonymis with Phoniex or with Denver? Kidd?Chandler?Felton? They all made their names elsewhere grew in front over others and just like in the Isaiah years only to NY to fatten their wallets not to win no to play as team to get somewhere. Hired guns that we are told are going to save the knicks and get the elusive Larry O brian trophy after 40 years in the wilderness. But they are not ours they way Jeremy belong to us they way he dazzled us and we were looking forward to watching him develop into something good to great like we watched Patrick.

    We can't do that anymore because we don't know who is going to be on the team on a year to year basis? why invest the time an/or energy when your favorite player might not be here for any long period of time. They are already starting the trade STAT petitions

    Regardless I will always be a fan i have invested to much. Years, Heartbreak, Emotion, Money to turn back now. I want my team to succeed i truly do but what they are doing is a mistake of the highest order on top of everything else that has happened. We are all too conditioned at this point to turn back and i think at the nothing short of a ECF appearance will erase this memory and put in the file bank of FO f ups throughout the years. I know that i have to talk myself in Fat Felton and I truly hope everyone on the team comes back ready to go but I'm tired of getting attached to something just for the FO to f it up

    I will probably look at this season through sterilized eyes free of emotion. They will have to win my endorsement in the post-season if not it is proabaly time to turn the chapter on the knicks. NO i will not become a nets fan I'm not jumping on anyones bandwagon. But as far as i can see we are a organization going nowhere and i'll probably investment more time In The NY Giants or something checking in from time to time

    just my

  5. #1385
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Great post. Repped.

  6. #1386
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Maybe I'll post something later, but for now I just want to quote this:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    NEW YORK—Following the Knicks' decision Tuesday not to match the Houston Rockets' three-year, $25-million offer for point guard Jeremy Lin, depressed New York fans learned a valuable lesson about ever feeling even the slightest bit of excitement for their team. "Goddammit," longtime fan Erik Reid, 52, said upon hearing the Knicks had opted to acquire Raymond Felton from Portland in lieu of re-signing Lin, the team's sole bright spot in an otherwise forgettable 2011-2012 season. "I guess it makes sense when you think about the Ewing-Riley team of the '90s, the entire Isiah Thomas era, spending $100 million on Amar'e Stoudemire, LeBron James choosing Miami over New York, and basically every single management decision under James Dolan. Christ, I really should know better by now." As of press time, Reid had spent several minutes staring wistfully at his Knicks season ticket-renewal form before begrudgingly filling it out and putting it in the mail.

  7. #1387
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Well.....What's done is done.

    Don't really know what to say.

  8. #1388
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by WeReady
    This is disappointing news..disappointing news indeed

    As much as this feels like somebody punched me in the heart, even though it was little chance he was returning i still had a glimmer of hope that he would return. The same hope that one day we will one day the knicks would become champions

    I bid farewell to Jeremy Lin and wish him good luck in in his future endeavors and just like Gallo from afar i will watch his development and hope he become the PG of the future that we all think he can be. I wished i could experience his development with my child like my mom did with me during the Ewing years

    The funny part of this development is if he turns out to be a borderline all-star in three-four years time the FO will look like the joke is has been and will always will continue to be. Next thing you know Dolan would try to re-convince jermey to come back to the knicks because he has proven himself to be a STAR and try to entice him with the big city and marketing opportunities SMH at Dolan. Then at that time we will really overpay to bring him back

    Being a Knicks fan is like having Stockholm syndrome. We as fans are used to the abuse and we have adjusted our abusers sales pitch over time and we accept it, because there is that glimmer of hope that by mortgage the future now it will be fruitful for the present. We have always supposedly been in WIN NOW mode From Ernie Grunwald-Scott Layden-Isaiah Thomas-Donnie Walsh to our current GM Glen Grunwald. I have been conditioned for 21 years out my 26 years on this earth to mortgage the future for the present the now, stay patient stay the course they explain.

    They have conditioned us to accept trading away our Hall of Famer Patrick Ewing, Trading away Marcus Camby and Latrell Sprewell for peanuts to accept the Stephen Marbury will be our savior accept being financially irresponsible and spend money for Eddie Curry Jerome Jordan, Othella Harrington, Micheal Sweetny, Steve Francis, Jalen Rose because we are in WIN NOW they said all hired guns. Then Walsh gave us hope for the future Gallo-Felton-STAT-Mozgov-Chandler Version 1. Promishing us to rid of our past to compete. We fell in love with that team We were attached They were ours we can watch them grow into something special, they potential they had was worth the reward at the end
    But what do we have now? Hired Guns people who have made their names elsewhere that NY fans feel detached from because their are not ours the way Starks- Houston-Childs-Ward-Ewing-Sprewell-Thomas-Camby-Johnson where ours we watch them grow as team through playoff battles ups down and struggles

    Is Carmelo synonymis with the Knicks or with denver? Is STAT synonymis with Phoniex or with Denver? Kidd?Chandler?Felton? They all made their names elsewhere grew in front over others and just like in the Isaiah years only to NY to fatten their wallets not to win no to play as team to get somewhere. Hired guns that we are told are going to save the knicks and get the elusive Larry O brian trophy after 40 years in the wilderness. But they are not ours they way Jeremy belong to us they way he dazzled us and we were looking forward to watching him develop into something good to great like we watched Patrick.

    We can't do that anymore because we don't know who is going to be on the team on a year to year basis? why invest the time an/or energy when your favorite player might not be here for any long period of time. They are already starting the trade STAT petitions

    Regardless I will always be a fan i have invested to much. Years, Heartbreak, Emotion, Money to turn back now. I want my team to succeed i truly do but what they are doing is a mistake of the highest order on top of everything else that has happened. We are all too conditioned at this point to turn back and i think at the nothing short of a ECF appearance will erase this memory and put in the file bank of FO f ups throughout the years. I know that i have to talk myself in Fat Felton and I truly hope everyone on the team comes back ready to go but I'm tired of getting attached to something just for the FO to f it up

    I will probably look at this season through sterilized eyes free of emotion. They will have to win my endorsement in the post-season if not it is proabaly time to turn the chapter on the knicks. NO i will not become a nets fan I'm not jumping on anyones bandwagon. But as far as i can see we are a organization going nowhere and i'll probably investment more time In The NY Giants or something checking in from time to time

    just my
    I can't tell you that you're wrong, because those are your opinions.

    But the way I look at it...my allegiance is to the jersey, and the court, not the players. If I'm at the Garden and they show Patrick, LJ, Starks, Earl "The Pearl", etc. I stand up and give them their just deserts, because they've earned it with the team. I appreciate them.

    If a former Knick is in another uniform on the court, this dude isn't in the O&B..."**** you." I remember when Lee came back in a Warriors uni, I booed the hell outta him, cause...I'm sorry...he's wearing a Warriors jersey at this very minute. If he comes back to the Knicks, welcome home dude, we've missed you dearly here...if not, "**** you." When he retires, if they want to give him a "once a Knick, always a Knick" tribute, I'll stand and clap for him.

    I compartmentalize the **** out of it.

    Not to say that the fans should be fine with any product that the organization places in front of us, and I'm also not saying I'm in favor of always trying to hand pick established talent from other rosters for a "let's go for it now" approach. There is absolutely something to be said for homegrown talent. But I won't automatically go to that default stance of being unhappy because pieces are being moved, when the team has assets.

    I want Lin to return, but if he doesn't, fine. I want STAT to come back healthy, and able to co-exist with Melo and Tyson, if he doesn't -- trade his ass. I want Lin to stay around for years to come, I like the dude's personality and I like his game, if the Clips asks for him in a S&T for CP3, bye Shump. (not saying it's likely, but you get the point)

    Lin right now is a media driven powerhouse. He's a good player, potentially really good player, based on a handful of games in a system that inflates PG numbers a bit. That being said, I would like to see if he could reach that potential in O&B, but if not...I can't blame the organization. I would MUCH prefer that they sign him, and then trade him if they don't see him panning out with the team. He's an asset. That's the only thing that would be truly disappointing, just letting an asset go like that, but still....we'll survive.

    Edit: I did rep you tho, cause I like a well thought out post. Kudos
    Last edited by nuckles2k2; Jul 17, 2012 at 18:23.

  9. #1389
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Might as well turn this into the LIN APPRECIATION thread there is no point in arguing with each other anymore... dude is gone I wish him the best

    I'm not happy he's gone i'm not upset.... He has a chance to really shine and play up to his talent in Houston since he's basically now the "GO TO GUY" cant wait till that first Knicks vs Rockets game.


    Edit*

    I was looking forward to a Lin / Shump back court in about 3-4 years but oh well whats done is done... and if your not a knick fan anymore just because Lin is gone... then you were not a real Fan to begin with adios.

  10. #1390
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I can't tell you that you're wrong, because those are your opinions.

    But the way I look at it...my allegiance is to the jersey, and the court, not the players. If I'm at the Garden and they show Patrick, LJ, Starks, Earl "The Pearl", etc. I stand up and give them their just deserts, because they've earned it with the team. I appreciate them.

    If a former Knick is in another uniform on the court, this dude isn't in the O&B..."**** you." I remember when Lee came back in a Warriors uni, I booed the hell outta him, cause...I'm sorry...he's wearing a Warriors jersey at this very minute. If he comes back to the Knicks, welcome home dude, we've missed you dearly here...if not, "**** you." When he retires, if they want to give him a "once a Knick, always a Knick" tribute, I'll stand and clap for him.

    I compartmentalize the **** out of it.

    Not to say that the fans should be fine with any product that the organization places in front of us, and I'm also not saying I'm in favor of always trying to hand pick established talent from other rosters for a "let's go for it now" approach. There is absolutely something to be said for homegrown talent. But I won't automatically go to that default stance of being unhappy because pieces are being moved, when the team has assets.

    I want Lin to return, but if he doesn't, fine. I want STAT to come back healthy, and able to co-exist with Melo and Tyson, if he doesn't -- trade his ass. I want Lin to stay around for years to come, I like the dude's personality and I like his game, if the Clips asks for him in a S&T for CP3, bye Shump. (not saying it's likely, but you get the point)

    Lin right now is a media driven powerhouse. He's a good player, potentially really good player, based on a handful of games in a system that inflates PG numbers a bit. That being said, I would like to see if he could reach that potential in O&B, but if not...I can't blame the organization. I would MUCH prefer that they sign him, and then trade him if they don't see him panning out with the team. He's an asset. That's the only thing that would be truly disappointing, just letting an asset go like that, but still....we'll survive.

    Edit: I did rep you tho, cause I like a well thought out post.
    But don't you find it logical to resent a decision that decreases our chances for championship?
    On my part, I'm going to need some mourning period.

    Regarding Lin, for me he's like that fantastic girlfriend that dumped you: You love her, but you sure as hell don't want to see her happy with another guy.

  11. #1391
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Seba
    But don't you find it logical to resent a decision that decreases our chances for championship?
    On my part, I'm going to need some mourning period.

    Regarding Lin, for me he's like that fantastic girlfriend that dumped you: You love her, but you sure as hell don't want to see her happy with another guy.
    I don't see it that way. Lin didn't exactly increase our chances for a championship because none of us knew EXACTLY what the team would get from him in an 82 game season, where there are advanced scouting reports, and such, for him.

    Like I said, I wanted to see him in a Knicks uniform next season, but if not...fine.

    I don't liken him to a "fantastic girlfriend that dumped you" cause usually the writing is on the wall if you're doing something to **** up a good thing. It's up to you to see it. If you're doing something that might lead to you getting dumped....stop doing it maybe? That's neither here, nor there, tho.

    To equate Lin to any sort of championship aspirations this season if flat out crazy.

    To answer your question, it is absolutely logical to resent any moves that prevents a team from reaching a chip. The re-signing of Lin isn't a part of that equation, at all, and the level of jubilation or despair of his being re-signed or let go of, is about the player more-so than the team. Only because, once again, we don't really know what he'll do for 82 games, and a decent enough sample size for advanced scouting to pick his game apart.

  12. #1392
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default




    FELTON-SANITY

  13. #1393
    Member WeReady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    265
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I can't tell you that you're wrong, because those are your opinions.

    But the way I look at it...my allegiance is to the jersey, and the court, not the players. If I'm at the Garden and they show Patrick, LJ, Starks, Earl "The Pearl", etc. I stand up and give them their just deserts, because they've earned it with the team. I appreciate them.

    If a former Knick is in another uniform on the court, this dude isn't in the O&B..."**** you." I remember when Lee came back in a Warriors uni, I booed the hell outta him, cause...I'm sorry...he's wearing a Warriors jersey at this very minute. If he comes back to the Knicks, welcome home dude, we've missed you dearly here...if not, "**** you." When he retires, if they want to give him a "once a Knick, always a Knick" tribute, I'll stand and clap for him.

    I compartmentalize the **** out of it.

    Not to say that the fans should be fine with any product that the organization places in front of us, and I'm also not saying I'm in favor of always trying to hand pick established talent from other rosters for a "let's go for it now" approach. There is absolutely something to be said for homegrown talent. But I won't automatically go to that default stance of being unhappy because pieces are being moved, when the team has assets.

    I want Lin to return, but if he doesn't, fine. I want STAT to come back healthy, and able to co-exist with Melo and Tyson, if he doesn't -- trade his ass. I want Lin to stay around for years to come, I like the dude's personality and I like his game, if the Clips asks for him in a S&T for CP3, bye Shump. (not saying it's likely, but you get the point)

    Lin right now is a media driven powerhouse. He's a good player, potentially really good player, based on a handful of games in a system that inflates PG numbers a bit. That being said, I would like to see if he could reach that potential in O&B, but if not...I can't blame the organization. I would MUCH prefer that they sign him, and then trade him if they don't see him panning out with the team. He's an asset. That's the only thing that would be truly disappointing, just letting an asset go like that, but still....we'll survive.

    Edit: I did rep you tho, cause I like a well thought out post. Kudos
    Thanks for the rep and i will spread some love your way as well like you said better to keep and trade him then let him walk for nothing but we both know that or FO works opposite from logic

  14. #1394
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    84
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    For me, the best part of last season wasn't when Linsanity broke out. Yeah, that was really cool to see, but we all knew it wasn't sustainable. What really gave me hope as a Knicks fan was the streak they went on after D'antoni was fired. For the first time in maybe 10 years, we were watching team basketball. Not a bunch of guys spreading the court and throwing up threes, not some wing's one man game, but an actual team. We blew the doors off of a very good Indiana squd two games in a row during that run. By the end, however, because of his injury Lin clearly was not the same player....That's why this hurts so much for me. We will never know how good this team could have been with everyone on the same page.

  15. #1395
    Member Newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    263
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by BillyHoyle
    For me, the best part of last season wasn't when Linsanity broke out. Yeah, that was really cool to see, but we all knew it wasn't sustainable. What really gave me hope as a Knicks fan was the streak they went on after D'antoni was fired. For the first time in maybe 10 years, we were watching team basketball. Not a bunch of guys spreading the court and throwing up threes, not some wing's one man game, but an actual team. We blew the doors off of a very good Indiana squd two games in a row during that run. By the end, however, because of his injury Lin clearly was not the same player....That's why this hurts so much for me. We will never know how good this team could have been with everyone on the same page.
    Though, the fun part for me was how well Lin played in light of,
    or, perhaps because of the situation he was put in, I agree with your
    post. When Woodson took over, it couldn't be better. And, I too, feel
    saddened that, as you wrote, "we will never know how good this
    team could have been with everyone on the same page."

Similar Threads

  1. Was Jeremy Lin At 100% While With the Knicks??
    By tkrieger in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2012, 07:53
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2012, 13:05
  3. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 01:07
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 16:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •