Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 94 of 140 FirstFirst ... 446474888990919293949596979899100114124 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

P.S. I know the reports are all saying that Lin is headed
    to Houston, but I still have this feeling (perhaps wishful thinking)
    that at 11:59pm, the news might be different.

Originally Posted by Newbie
    P.S. I know the reports are all saying that Lin is headed
    to Houston, but I still have this feeling (perhaps wishful thinking)
    that at 11:59pm, the news might be different.

I also kinda have a feeling that they're going to re-sign him. But Dolan is the owner, so....

Yea.

Ok, ONE GUY( Howard Stern) says that he has heard from "a league source" that lin is headed to houston, then twitter goes nuts and EVERYONE agrees with him..

and **** Frank Isola, dude is a ****ing dick..had to get that out

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I also kinda have a feeling that they're going to re-sign him. But Dolan is the owner, so....

Yea.
    It would be the antithesis of everything he's done in the past, but now he declines to pay big cash for the team's most popular player?

It's a bit of a 2 edged sword, because we've been hounding him for a decade about his moronic spending, but this really is a different set of circumstances for Jim Colan.

We certainly would have been better as a team - casting aside all monetary issues - if we were to keep him, groom him and fret about the present, which so far this offseason seems to have been the focal.

I just want honestly issue a formal apology to the forum

If I sounded as pathetic and whiny as SOME of the butthurt Lin fans do right now
    When the Melo hate was red hot then im truly sorry.
    I appreciate you not banning me for the annoyance.

This is coming from a Lin fan. LINSANITY was my phone wallpaper and I own a Linsanity Tshirt. I refuse to give the notion that after 25 games and a knee injury that he deserves this kind of contract.

I honestly believe if this wasnt Jeremy Lin he wouldn't get this contract.

C'mon Dolan.....be a d!ck. Reverse your decision. Screw the media, NYTimes, and BSPN. Are you going to let Daryl Morey outsmart you? Cut his fvckin' head off. Swallow their poison pill. NewYorkers will love you.

The antidote is your bank account. Re-sign Lin at 11:59pm. You can do it. You can do it all night along.

Last edited by onex0is0; Jul 17, 2012 at 20:02.

Marc Berman
    As we reported, Felton was promised starting PG guard when he signed, with Kidd as backup. Felton, Kidd, Spanish League warhorse Pablo Prigioni as third string will be fine. Unsure of Linsanity clamor once Felton came aboard. Why create an uncomfortable logjam filled with controversy. That's not exactly what feel-good Disney Movie from last February/March was about. That was an unforgettable moment in time and would never be same. It passed when Lin redid offer sheet.
    25 minutes ago

so who is going to be the player whipping boy? Fatty who is use to it since he was the one in Portland or Melo who is the whipping boy now or Amare if he continues his decline?

I mean Dolan is the real doof but he wont be the guy the average fan is looking to boo since he isn't on the court.

Also are there any good PG's going to be in this years draft. We can't give away a first this year so they will have to pick.

Veteran

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    I refuse to give the notion that after 25 games and a knee injury that he deserves this kind of contract.

I honestly believe if this wasnt Jeremy Lin he wouldn't get this contract.
    Dude, Isiah gave Jerome James a 35M/5 year deal for 2 good playoff games. They give rookies big contracts before they step onto an NBA floor solely on scouting reports and potential. 8M/3yr deal was what Felton was offered when he was with the Bobcats and Lin is better than Felton.

It will be settled next year who is better and whether the Knicks should have let Lin go for squat. The Rox don't have one PG so Lin is the default starter just like Felton, let's see who puts up the better numbers.

Damn right you give the team to carmelo, carmelo is the proven star, all nba talent, who has won olympic gold and started on all star teams due to his talent. jeremy lin played 26 games, and has the entire world revolving around him; its insane. I cant even come on this forum anymore, because of all the ridiculous morons who actually dont understand what is happening right now.

9 + 25

compared to

15 + 43

is an absurd difference

and regardless of personal, sensitivity, business, basketball, or management issues

James Dolan is completely within his right as a man running a huge business to not pull the trigger on such a ridiculous financial risk on an unproven player.

every one needs to wake the F up on this forum, Jeremy Lin is not a superstar, he is not even a star in terms of basketball,

Dantoni put the ball in his hands and ran him to the ground to the tune of the highest assist to turn over ration in the league, while playing the most minutes, with the most offensive possessions in the entire league; and because our bench, jefferies, novak, smith, shumper, chandler, came together defensively to go on an incredible run, lins inflated statistics were put to the fore front of everything, bottom line is the only people at fault is you

the moronic fan who doesnt truly understand basketball one bit, to think that some one who every other night turned the ball over at a double digit clip is worth 50 million dollars to a basketball team.

go to sleeeeeep already.

LOL this forum smh. Lin's basically gone why we bringing up race, how much he's getting paid etc... anymore anyways?

Fact is, he getting PAID and he's going to Houston, now we move on.

Mr.Overreact

@TommyDeeTKB: I'm not going to get into the lin angry stuff bc I haven't heard that. I have heard Woodson has doubts about Lin's ability
    Now to be fair, I cannot find the exact quote about the playoffs but this will do
    Tommy Dee ‏@TommyDeeTKB
    IMO? No question.100% RT @MadKnicksFan @TommyDeeTKB Anwser me this. You think Melo/Woody upset Lin seemed unwilling to play in the Playoffs

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    Damn right you give the team to carmelo, carmelo is the proven star, all nba talent, who has won olympic gold and started on all star teams due to his talent. jeremy lin played 26 games, and has the entire world revolving around him; its insane. I cant even come on this forum anymore, because of all the ridiculous morons who actually dont understand what is happening right now.

9 + 25

compared to

15 + 43

is an absurd difference

and regardless of personal, sensitivity, business, basketball, or management issues

James Dolan is completely within his right as a man running a huge business to not pull the trigger on such a ridiculous financial risk on an unproven player.

every one needs to wake the F up on this forum, Jeremy Lin is not a superstar, he is not even a star in terms of basketball,

Dantoni put the ball in his hands and ran him to the ground to the tune of the highest assist to turn over ration in the league, while playing the most minutes, with the most offensive possessions in the entire league; and because our bench, jefferies, novak, smith, shumper, chandler, came together defensively to go on an incredible run, lins inflated statistics were put to the fore front of everything, bottom line is the only people at fault is you

the moronic fan who doesnt truly understand basketball one bit, to think that some one who every other night turned the ball over at a double digit clip is worth 50 million dollars to a basketball team.

go to sleeeeeep already.
    THIS MAN....IS THE TRUTH

+1 repped

Originally Posted by onex0is0
    C'mon Dolan.....be a d!ck. Reverse your decision. Screw the media, NYTimes, and BSPN. Are you going to let Daryl Morey outsmart you? Cut his fvckin' head off. Swallow their poison pill. NewYorkers will love you.

The antidote is your bank account. Re-sign Lin at 11:59pm. You can do it. You can do it all night along.

LMAO at the Matrix picture

Ironic how one pill is Blue(Knicks...also the one Neo doesn't take if i remember) and the Red pill(Houston, the one Neo does take)
    Last edited by Paul1355; Jul 17, 2012 at 20:45.

I think Lin will be a star in this league, but I understand reasonable minds can differ.

But there is NO justification for letting him go for nothing. In fact, the whole way this decision was made shows that the organization is completely disfunctional.

There are now plenty of scapegoats who will incur the wrath of the fans unless they do some serious winning. And we have no depth or quality at shooting guard.

If you're not a Lin supporter, that's fine. (I'm not directing this at anyone in particular). But don't tell me that this team has a serious chance of contending in the next several years. With the sole exception of Shump - who, of course, they tried to trade also - everyone on this team is a known quantity and already at their peak, if not on the downside of their career. We have years of mediocrity to look forward to, followed by another complete rebuilding.