View Poll Results: What to do with Lin?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

    16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

    27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

    13 23.21%
Page 96 of 140 FirstFirst ... 46667690919293949596979899100101102116126 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,440 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

  1. #1426
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    dude,
    with Melo hoggin the ball, what is Felton gonna do?
    He is not a good shooter.
    As far as pnr's with STAT, I see him dishing dimes and stuff, but Melos not gonna sit still.
    Ahhhhhh, the "Melo is a ballhog" argument

    If you watch Knicks games, Melo has been completely unselfish the whole season. The only reason why he "hogged" the ball towards the last month or so of the season was because we did not have any other offensive threat on the team left. Amar'e and Lin were injured.

    And as far as Melo spotting up, I've seen Billups set him up for the quick catch-and-shoot mid range jumper in Denver. Your argument is invalid.
    Last edited by MeloforMayor; Jul 17, 2012 at 21:12. Reason: Jeremy Lin's 100 gallon hat

  2. #1427
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Ahhhhhh, the "Melo is a balhog" argument

    If you watch Knicks games, Melo has been completely unselfish the whole season. The only reason why he "hogged" the ball towards the last month or so of the season was because we did not have any other offensive threat on the team left. Amar'e and Lin were injured.

    And as far as Melo spotting up, I've seen Billups set him up for the quick catch-and-shoot mid range jumper in Denver. Your argument is invalid.
    using Facts.
    +1

  3. #1428
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default


  4. #1429
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    No but I think your an idiot.

    Follow the other Lin fans out the door at 11:59

  5. #1430
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,004
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Isn't Melo one of the/the only reason D'Antoni played Lin?

  6. #1431
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Isn't Melo one of the/the only reason D'Antoni played Lin?
    Pretty much.

  7. #1432
    Member KnickolasMGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Ahhhhhh, the "Melo is a balhog" argument

    If you watch Knicks games, Melo has been completely unselfish the whole season. The only reason why he "hogged" the ball towards the last month or so of the season was because we did not have any other offensive threat on the team left. Amar'e and Lin were injured.

    And as far as Melo spotting up, I've seen Billups set him up for the quick catch-and-shoot mid range jumper in Denver. Your argument is invalid.
    crazy exaggeration!
    The team couldnt run ANY effective picknrolls with Amare with Melo on the floor regardless of who the point guard was.

    I am far from a Melo hater, and I admire his offensive skills, but a non shooting point guard like Felton is not gonna have good stats with a high volume possessor and scorer like Melo.

    A good spot shooting point guard is a totally different story.

  8. #1433
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    crazy exaggeration!
    The team couldnt run ANY effective picknrolls with Amare with Melo on the floor regardless of who the point guard was.

    I am far from a Melo hater, and I admire his offensive skills, but a non shooting point guard like Felton is not gonna have good stats with a high volume possessor and scorer like Melo.

    A good spot shooting point guard is a totally different story.

  9. #1434
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    crazy exaggeration!
    The team couldnt run ANY effective picknrolls with Amare with Melo on the floor regardless of who the point guard was.

    I am far from a Melo hater, and I admire his offensive skills, but a non shooting point guard like Felton is not gonna have good stats with a high volume possessor and scorer like Melo.

    A good spot shooting point guard is a totally different story.
    ANY effective picknrolls? ANY?

    Off of the top of my head, since Melo joined the Knicks, I've seen Landry Fields, Billups, and Carmelo (about 12-15 times, sorry, I'm too lazy to dig up the vids) feed STAT from a pick and roll. Although, I agree with you that the pick and roll between our PG/Melo should be featured more within the offense and be the "bread and butter" offensive set.

  10. #1435
    Member KnickolasMGL's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    bottom line is Felton aint a spot shooting PG,
    which is the type we need.

  11. #1436
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,486
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    bottom line is Felton aint a spot shooting PG,
    which is the type we need.
    I agree. I stated in the Felton thread that his entire effectiveness relies on his shooting. I'm sure he realizes that and is working on it between jumbo toblerone bars.

  12. #1437
    Veteran BIG APPLE SPORTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Harlem, NY
    Posts
    1,044
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    bottom line is Felton aint a spot shooting PG,
    which is the type we need.
    Bottom line is that Felton isn't a nice point guard.

  13. #1438
    BALL DON'T LIE MeloforMayor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    1,767
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    bottom line is Felton aint a spot shooting PG,
    which is the type we need.
    Well, we can put Kidd in with Felton to provide that spot up shooter from the arc. We have a ton of options for the next season with all the signings we made. Don't worry, my man, we'll be fine. Have faith in our team. lol

  14. #1439
    Superstar elcol's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    That's it guys. Lin is a rocket, It was fun while it lasted. I will have fun watching every PG in the NBA who is payed less than you go after you voraciously.

    Hopefully you're prepared.

  15. #1440
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Marc Berman ‏@NYPost_Berman
    Irony is Lin hired new agent to maximize his marketing in NYC. Instead they helped lead Lin to Houston with revised offer sheet. Amazing.

Similar Threads

  1. Was Jeremy Lin At 100% While With the Knicks??
    By tkrieger in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2012, 07:53
  2. Replies: 55
    Last Post: Sep 10, 2012, 13:05
  3. New York Knicks @ Toronto Raptors Tuesday 2/14 7:00PM
    By AmareForPresident in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 403
    Last Post: Feb 16, 2012, 01:07
  4. The Rise of Jeremy Lin
    By Cakalusa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2012, 16:17
  5. The Ups and Downs of the Jeremy Lin Experience
    By KBlack25 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Feb 08, 2012, 11:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •