Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 98 of 140 FirstFirst ... 4868789293949596979899100101102103104118128 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

its all about Jim Dolan's spite and grudges coming before intelligent decisions - as usual .

Lin could have been traded at least - for a decent draft pick if he didnt out competed Felton in training camp.

Originally Posted by KnickolasMGL
    its all about Jim Dolan's spite and grudges coming before intelligent decisions - as usual .

Lin could have been traded at least - for a decent draft pick if he didnt out competed Felton in training camp.
    Frustrating that we didn't get anything out of Lin. Grunwald was stupid for letting the market set Lin's price. He should have negotiated with Lin the second that front offices were allowed to talk to free agents. But what's done is done.

Originally Posted by BIG APPLE SPORTS
    GP, If Lin turns out to be an All-Star the Knicks have no one to blame but themselves because obviously Lin will generate tons of money and also for them to keep dragging on about how they were without a doubt going to match his offer sheet shows that the Knicks don't know how to carry about their business.
    I understand where you're coming from, but I don't exactly blame them. I just would have rather keep the asset, and maybe turn it into something else in a trade if need be. Maybe they felt their best bet to keep some semblance of the fan base on their side, was to let Lin walk to a team offering an absurd amount of money for 35 games, and cite reasons of "it's too expensive to keep him" -- as opposed to signing him, then having to deal with screams of "give him a chance!!!!!!" when it came time to trade him.

I don't think Lin is terrible, but I don't think he's an All-star talent yet, if at all. I would have to see him operate in a good portion of an 82 game season, against terrible defenses, marginal defenses, and great defenses, all with advanced scouting, before I could even approach any sort of conclusion. It's just to early to truly know, and if the Rockets are betting $25M that he's that guy...more power to them.

I can't completely bash the FO for not matching tho, whatever the reasons were.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Frustrating that we didn't get anything out of Lin. Grunwald was stupid for letting the market set Lin's price. He should have negotiated with Lin the second that front offices were allowed to talk to free agents. But what's done is done.
    That's the one thing that I'll say was extremely foolish on the FO's part.

Unless they never really intended to sign him but wanted to make it seem as if they did? So they went thru all of the motions, and when it came time to get a deal done, they let him test the market hoping a team would overpay for him? They announce they'll match any offer up to $1 billion, and when the offer goes up a bit, suddenly "it's too expensive."

Is Grunwald that smart? Or am I reaching?

I'm tired.

Default Bad Move Knicks. Very BAD MOVE...

Lin Gone? After rescuing a season in which we started 8-15. The Knicks were going absolutely NOWHERE. This kid brought the excitement back to the team. Not only excitement, he brought wins with him. I dont know the intricacies of this move. The internal reasons, but no matter what they are this is just plain idiotic.

I'm sure Dolan has his (what he believes are valid) reasons, but this move reeks.

I've been a Knick fan since 1970 and have always appreciated Dolan spending his coin to try to do better. But, he's listened to the wrong folks. Who advised him on this? We are further from a chip than we were at the end of last year.

I'm extremely disappointed in this move.

It was obviously an "emotion" thing.

James Dolan clearly got extremely butthurt about the Lin/Rockets dealings.

So much so that he would not even sign him to use him as an asset for CP3 or whoever in the long run.

linsanity died today, lin will struggle in the pg heavy west

I'm fine with it. A turnover prone guard with no proven worth. Let the Rockets have him.

If we get CP3 before the trade deadline, everyone is going to be kissing Dolan's ass. Could be just another Knick pipedream, but I guarantee the Clippers won't let him just walk for nothing this coming summer.

LIN IS GONE, LET'S MOVE ON!!

It feels like someone just told me my grandma died. Then told me she might make it. Finally putting a full page article in the paper saying she is officially dead. Which then goes on to regale me with wonderful stories of gingersnaps and picking out my favorite movie at blockbuster. Only to end with she is officially dead and not just messing with the Houston rockets.

I don't think anyone is going to get it until he steps on the floor at msg and they treat him like Willis reed.

Either way I think he's going to light up Felton in his return.

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    linsanity died when Dantoni Left, lin will struggle in the pg heavy west
    ****Fixed****

knicks well on their way to being an irrelevant lottery team once again, just like the good ol pre-Linsanity days. call it destiny. oh well it was fun while it lasted.

Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
    Much love and thankfulness to the Knicks and New York for your support this past year...easily the best year of my life ‪#ForeverGrateful‬

1m Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
    Extremely excited and honored to be a Houston Rocket again!! ‪#RedNation‬

I understand the disappointment, but I don't get why I keep seeing people associate Lin with the team's aspirations for a chip. Don't we need to see Lin against a myriad of defense, with advanced scouting, in an 82 game season, before we can truly gauge his talent?

35 games isn't nearly enough.

I would have liked to see him start next season as a Knick, and if it wasn't working, and there was a potential trade...ok, fine. I'm not 100% on board with letting an asset walk. But I can't see how Lin factors into a ring more-so than any other "don't screw it up" PG. He doesn't have free reign to do whatever, whenever, when STAT and Melo are out there, he would be a good PG on a really really good team -- not Linsanity.

If the Knicks think they can get that production elsewhere, I can't complain. Now..if it doesn't work with Felton and Kidd...then all bets are off.

money talks,
    bullsh1t Dolan walks,