Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let him walk

16 28.57%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

27 48.21%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

13 23.21%
Page 99 of 140 FirstFirst ... 49697993949596979899100101102103104105119129 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 2090

Thread: Jeremy Lin

Originally Posted by platnumn
    I'm fine with it. A turnover prone guard with no proven worth. Let the Rockets have him.

If we get CP3 before the trade deadline, everyone is going to be kissing Dolan's ass. Could be just another Knick pipedream, but I guarantee the Clippers won't let him just walk for nothing this coming summer.

LIN IS GONE, LET'S MOVE ON!!
    And if we dont get CP3? What then?

No proven worth? Did he just sign a 25 million dollar contract? You dont let 23 year old players that have done it in NY go for nothing. The sample size may be small but what I saw was a kid with no fear. A kid that was determined. Attitudes like that rub off on a team.

I'll move on when I'm ready. I'm still in a state of shock. This is the dumbest thing the Knicks have done since Isiah left...

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
    Much love and thankfulness to the Knicks and New York for your support this past year...easily the best year of my life ‪#ForeverGrateful‬

1m Jeremy Lin ‏@JLin7
    Extremely excited and honored to be a Houston Rocket again!! ‪#RedNation‬
    Please, dude, stop it.

You're gonna make me miss that little son of a bitch.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Please, dude, stop it.

now go and youtube all the Linsanity memories on top of that lol

IDK what to think... I just need to season to start to justify my anger or to pleasantly surprise me.

Cool

Originally Posted by bluechox2
    linsanity died today, lin will struggle in the pg heavy west

Maybe the Rockets will hire D'Antoni.

If Lin wanted to be a Knick...

He could have signed the original offer after learning we would match

He could have returned to us in the event the offer changed to check our position

But he signed nullifying any claim that he wanted to be a Knick with his decisions

...and I understand that. I think he felt marginalized and got used to Linsanity. I think he didn't want to earn a spot although we said he would start, he felt it wasn't a good situation with Kidd and Woodson.

His relationship with Melo seemed abrasive in a way that most say might have rubbed Melo wrong because of the attention; I think Melo kept things in perspective knowing what the playoffs are like, knowing what that $ does to dudes, knowing if Lin could or not run the point deep into the playoffs.

If anything he might have been a distraction.

Lin will become an All Star this year with all the shots he gona jack up @ Houston + all the votes from international fans,

boohoo Dolan.

Originally Posted by Red
    Maybe the Rockets will hire D'Antoni.

If Lin wanted to be a Knick...

He could have signed the original offer after learning we would match

He could have returned to us in the event the offer changed to check our position

But he signed nullifying any claim that he wanted to be a Knick with his decisions

...and I understand that. I think he felt marginalized and got used to Linsanity. I think he didn't want to earn a spot although we said he would start, he felt it wasn't a good situation with Kidd and Woodson.

His relationship with Melo seemed abrasive in a way that most say might have rubbed Melo wrong because of the attention; I think Melo kept things in perspective knowing what the playoffs are like, knowing what that $ does to dudes, knowing if Lin could or not run the point deep into the playoffs.

If anything he might have been a distraction.
    +1. This makes a lot of sense.

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    I understand the disappointment, but I don't get why I keep seeing people associate Lin with the team's aspirations for a chip. Don't we need to see Lin against a myriad of defense, with advanced scouting, in an 82 game season, before we can truly gauge his talent?

35 games isn't nearly enough.

I would have liked to see him start next season as a Knick, and if it wasn't working, and there was a potential trade...ok, fine. I'm not 100% on board with letting an asset walk. But I can't see how Lin factors into a ring more-so than any other "don't screw it up" PG. He doesn't have free reign to do whatever, whenever, when STAT and Melo are out there, he would be a good PG on a really really good team -- not Linsanity.

If the Knicks think they can get that production elsewhere, I can't complain. Now..if it doesn't work with Felton and Kidd...then all bets are off.
    The kid has talent. That cant be disputed. You guys can sit here and write him of as an aberration after what he did for the Knicks if you'd like, but I call it like I see it.

But he's capable of becoming Linsanity at any moment. Wouldnt you have loved some Linsanity after STAT idiotically injured his hand in the playoffs? After Melo showed he needed some help? After Shump got injured?

This was an idioits move...

Originally Posted by platnumn
    I'm fine with it. A turnover prone guard with no proven worth. Let the Rockets have him.

If we get CP3 before the trade deadline, everyone is going to be kissing Dolan's ass. Could be just another Knick pipedream, but I guarantee the Clippers won't let him just walk for nothing this coming summer.

LIN IS GONE, LET'S MOVE ON!!
    Just curious, who do you think we can trade to even have a shot at CP3 this season? Melo's the only guy with comparable value & the Knicks are not going to trade him.

Please keep in perspective tho, the no fear was when he was out there running with Novak, Jeffries, and Shump.

It's a different story orchestrating an offense to get the ball to STAT and Melo where they need the ball.

Linsanity took place in MDA's offense that gives the PG free will essentially, and when you don't have to worry about getting the ball to your stars, you can look for your own, and then dish when you have the easy pass down low.

Lin was effective, but not quite the same player when MDA left. He often looked (telegraphed passes) for Fields too much, or tried those same passes to the middle when the D was looking for it.

Not saying that his mistakes and growing pains couldn't be corrected, but don't compartmentalize out the circumstances in which he did what he did.

Keep everything 100.

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Please, dude, stop it.

grab a cigar and let the words melt in your head, he's gone bro lol... the words "excited to be a Rocket again" just makes me think he's happy to actually be gone.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Wargames
    IDK what to think... I just need to season to start to justify my anger or to pleasantly surprise me.
    Lol, +1. Too true.

Unreal that Team Dolan pooched this. They can't even perform a basic layup for themselves (and fans), after everything that this franchise has done the past decade.

Well, we always said that the one main silver lining on all of our **** negotiations and fails was,

"Welp, at least we lucked out and had Lin fall into our laps to make up for stuff and give us the boost of luck we need".

One more giant question mark added to our already dubious chances at being a legit contender. And a level of fail and indignity to fans lurking below that would eclipse almost anything that has transpired under Dolan.

Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    And if we dont get CP3? What then?

No proven worth? Did he just sign a 25 million dollar contract? You dont let 23 year old players that have done it in NY go for nothing. The sample size may be small but what I saw was a kid with no fear. A kid that was determined. Attitudes like that rub off on a team.

I'll move on when I'm ready. I'm still in a state of shock. This is the dumbest thing the Knicks have done since Isiah left...

At least one message was sent. Dont F*ck with Dolan.

From Lin's perspective, u cant turn down GUARANTEED money.
    He'll get paid that EVEN if he gets hurt .
    CAnt blame him though - He heard Knicks sources say that they'll match up to a billion and actually believed it.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    grab a cigar and let the words melt in your head, he's gone bro lol... the words "excited to collect my $25mil from the Rockets" just makes me think he's happy to actually be gone.
    Fixed it for ya.