Jer-Rah-Mee

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Jer-rah-mee!! jer-rah-mee!! jer-rah-mee!!!

It's one game. Some will say one game way too late. Plenty of people need to eat a bit of crow right now, not saying he's gonna do this every night....but FINALLY he gets some burn, and the dude shines when the Knicks needed a desperate win.

That man put his sweat, blood, heart, and soul into that game, and left it out there for the team.

I also like how Alan Hahn said Lin is just a "d-league type player" and wrote him off, now he's tweeting about eating crow. This is what I was talking about when I said some people are all over the media's collective nut sacks for some reason. Watch the games for yourselves, come to your own conclusions.

He's a pure PG, he can play, he should have been out there long ago. He's probably not "the answer," but I highly doubt if we're 2-11 in our last 13 games if he's out there. Especially those games where we had leads and solid play falter later in the game. Props to that man.

I also like how Melo showed his leadership, called everyone over, made sure Lin was in the middle of the huddle, and said a few words. It was all about the hero and the team in that moment.

But he's super selfish right?:rolling: right.

joegti10

Banned
I also like how Melo showed his leadership, called everyone over, made sure Lin was in the middle of the huddle, and said a few words. It was all about the hero and the team in that moment.

But he's super selfish right?:rolling: right.

Mellow hasn't shown that type of leadership on this team...or anyplace else for that matter until then. Maybe he is coming to.

Tonight was truly a magical game to watch, that dude inspired his team as well as everyone watching.

The Garden '95

Benchwarmer
Lin and chandler may be the new amare and nash lol,but for real he ran the pick and roll as good as u can run it,going over screen hedgers and then being agressive and dishing when the defense collapse,thats how you run it,your pg has to be in attack mode which then leads to asssts because the defense has to stop the penetrator.

Grade:
Passing:A(made teammates better tonight plus no turnovers)
Shooting:C-(missed alot of wide open shots gotta hit them to take his game to the next level)
Defense:B-(abused by DWILL at times but not that bad defensively)
Pick and roll:A- (missed a few gimme midrange shots off of the pick)
Dribble Penetration:A(missed a wide open layup)
Ball Handling:B+(a little erratic at times but was getting to where he wanted to be and also crossed dwill a few times)

Overall:A+ since he did all of this of the bench and showed up arguably the best point guard in the NBA

KBlack25

Starter
Chris Duhon had 22 assists once.

It's one game. I'll get excited when I see it on a consistent basis.

But I'm sure the crowd on here that loves to jump to quick conclusions based on one game will disagree with me.

tiger0330

Legend
Chris Duhon had 22 assists once.

It's one game. I'll get excited when I see it on a consistent basis.

But I'm sure the crowd on here that loves to jump to quick conclusions based on one game will disagree with me.
Toney Douglas once lit up Chicago with 30 points on national TV also, no I don't disagree.

Kid does deserve a shot to prove that he can do it on a consistent basis though after tonight, D'Antoni will be fired if he doesn't play this kid.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
He's a pure PG, he can play, he should have been out there long ago. He's probably not "the answer," but I highly doubt if we're 2-11 in our last 13 games if he's out there. Especially those games where we had leads and solid play falter later in the game. Props to that man.
:peace:
I really don't expect 20+ points -- heck, I don't expect 6+ PPG from Lin -- but if he can feed T and A six times a night, that puts pressure off of 'Melo (and lets HIM score more).

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Lol, did I not say he's probably not the answer, and that he's not gonna do this every night?

Where did I mention his stats? Lol, some dudes on here are so sour for seemingly no reason.

I talked about him finally getting his chance and putting his heart into the game when the Knicks needed a win, and how it was about damn time he got some playing time.

It's not like Shump or TD were getting it done, we had nothing to lose to give him more playing time after he showed flashes in the Rockets game last week.

Stats aside, the way he plays the game is fundamentally different from either of those guys, and it's what the team needs. He doesn't need to have a monster stat line like last night, he just needs to penetrate and make the right plays, and run the PnR half way decently like he did last night. Obviously people will play him differently now that they know he's adept at driving when given a seam, but if he can adjust his game along with the adjustments made against him, he'll be a solid play this season. Passing is like shooting, you don't lose that, especially when you're a heady player.

Or do you guys need JVG and Bill Simmons to say that before you give it any credence?

skisloper

Starter
This has always been the most negative board...

I mean we have so much to hate about the Knicks and the Mgmt but come on when something good happens we have to hate that too ???

skisloper

Starter
The big question,,,,

DOES LIN START MONDAY ?

I vote yes...again we have nothing to lose and might as well run with it.

portega1968

El Cacique
The big question,,,,

DOES LIN START MONDAY ?

I vote yes...again we have nothing to lose and might as well run with it.

Too premature... Give him a couple of games as the first guy off the bench before putting that weight on his shoulders.

I mean, who would sit, Landry or Shump? That would destroy their confidence and mess team chemistry, which has improved this week. Landry has played much better as of late and Shump's defense is key.

Lin's energy off the bench would be more more difficult for other teams to prep for right now than having him featured as a starter. If he can consistently make an impact in the next couple of weeks, then making him a starter would be a no brainer and much easier to implement.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Too premature... Give him a couple of games as the first guy off the bench before putting that weight on his shoulders.

I mean, who would sit, Landry or Shump? That would destroy their confidence and mess team chemistry, which has improved this week. Landry has played much better as of late and Shump's defense is key.

Lin's energy off the bench would be more more difficult for other teams to prep for right now than having him featured as a starter. If he can consistently make an impact in the next couple of weeks, then making him a starter would be a no brainer and much easier to implement.

I agree. It's too soon to make him a starter, but first guy off the bench is perfect. I'd also like to see if he can get a rapport with STAT in the PnR, he seems to have a bit with Chandler based on how many plays they made last night, and how natural it looked.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Yeah this board has become a joke :barf:

Yeah, and you`re rapidly becoming the biggest joke on this forum.

You`re man love and raging hard on for Mike D`Antoni is laughable. You consistently defend him when there is nothing left to defend. Stop dreaming and start living in the real world, our coach is terrible.

As for Jeremy Lin. I bet it was killing you to be seeing him play that well. Our idiot coach has kept him on the bench all season whilst playing Douglas at the point. Him playing that well lends more weight to the arguement that the coach is a moron. I bet that you were dying for Lin to fail so that you could come on here and tell us that you were right to about your man`s decision to keep Lin benched. well, sorry, didn`t work out that way did it.

Lin may not be the answer but to describe this forum as a joke because we are all excited about what he did last night is pathetic and just shows your amazing arrogance. Why are we excited about Lins play? Because for the first time this season we just watched a point guard who drove to the basket, scored off of penetration, drew fouls, gave assists and even rebounded. You would have been much happier to see Toney Douglas at the point all night missing shots and running round like a chicken without a head.

Seriously, pull your head out of your arse and quit with the arrogance. If this forum is such a joke then why bother posting on it? Take your love of D`Antoni somewhere else if it`s such a joke.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
I think we clearly have some good players. Our weakness is the ability to work together. TD, Iman, and Lin are all very good. We just need to learn how to run some plays. If we had a coach to teach them....

skisloper

Starter
Put the coach on the side....You need a PG.

On every NBA team it is the PG who is the floor general ( the Heat being the exception with good reason( maybe ) ).....

and NO TD is not good....he had moments of brightness but they guy had 2 should surgeries and does not seem back to his form....He needs to have his minutes greatly reduced so he can regain his form from last year....LIN could be a blessing for Fields...

YES Dantonio is a fool for not using LIN sooner...

The truth is if we won against the Celtics then there was a shot LIN could have a DNP against the Nets as Antonio already stated he was concerned about Lins defense....WHY I HAVE NO IDEA....Even worse is that Chandler said LIN has been taking all the Knicks guards in practice,,....

with that said I want to give Dantonio 2 more weeks.....We all know he is not back next year.

CoolClyde

You`re man love and raging hard on for Mike D`Antoni is laughable. You consistently defend him when there is nothing left to defend. Stop dreaming and start living in the real world, our coach is terrible.

As for Jeremy Lin. I bet it was killing you to be seeing him play that well. Our idiot coach has kept him on the bench all season whilst playing Douglas at the point. Him playing that well lends more weight to the arguement that the coach is a moron. I bet that you were dying for Lin to fail so that you could come on here and tell us that you were right to about your man`s decision to keep Lin benched. well, sorry, didn`t work out that way did it.

Lin may not be the answer but to describe this forum as a joke because we are all excited about what he did last night is pathetic and just shows your amazing arrogance. Why are we excited about Lins play? Because for the first time this season we just watched a point guard who drove to the basket, scored off of penetration, drew fouls, gave assists and even rebounded. You would have been much happier to see Toney Douglas at the point all night missing shots and running round like a chicken without a head.

Seriously, pull your head out of your arse and quit with the arrogance. If this forum is such a joke then why bother posting on it? Take your love of D`Antoni somewhere else if it`s such a joke.

:beer:truth:beer:

Red

TYPE-A

I hear that.

Recall MOA sent Lin & The jamaican Sensation down to the D league...

Puzzling because it was clear AT THAT TIME and for years we could use the size and PG savvy wherever possible. Those moves (and there are about 100 others see: DMPing Starbury, Randolph, Darko, etc...) illustrate an obvious disconnect with the talent and necessities on and for this team.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Remember last season when you could see that Mozgov was improving but he got hardly any minutes. Then we had several injuries and Dumbphoney was forced to play him and he came in and did really well and started to show his potential and skills.

what kind of a basketball coach can`t see potential and talent and understand that when things don`t work they need changing?

It`s no coincidence that players like Darko and Randolph and Mozgov aren`t given a fair chance under this moron of a coach and as soon as they leave they get minutes in other teams and show their abilities.