Wednesday, Feb 8 - Knicks @ Wizards 7:00pm

For a rep point, guess how many dimes Lin throws tonight.

• Total voters

tiger0330

Legend
I hope Lin has a good agent because he needs to get paid. Dude is living at his brothers place because he's on a non-guaranteed contract, MSG needs to get him a penthouse with all those Lin jerseys they're going to sell and for saving what looked like a lost season.

iSaYughh

Starter
^ Lin's contract got guaranteed. Had to be, else he'd go back to waivers in next couple days.

For abut 850k, so I'm sure he will find himself a sweet bachelor pad in the city.

KingofNy

Starter
Whatever we do we need to find a way to keep Lin especially if Lin gets D'Antoni an extension which could happen for how well Lin runs the pick and roll and attacks the basket. We're going to need to find a way to clear up some cap so we can sign him after the season.

iSaYughh

Starter
Whatever we do we need to find a way to keep Lin especially if Lin gets D'Antoni an extension which could happen for how well Lin runs the pick and roll and attacks the basket. We're going to need to find a way to clear up some cap so we can sign him after the season.

If he keeps it up, and plays well in the playoffs, it's not inconceivable that we'd have to throw our entire MLE at him. Which could actually end up being good long-term value.

Number3

Benchwarmer
shumpert should learn from Lin to attack the basket.. get in the paint... hes so athletic and fast... he could finish like Rose and Westbrook

tiger0330

Legend
^ Lin's contract got guaranteed. Had to be, else he'd go back to waivers in next couple days.

For abut 850k, so I'm sure he will find himself a sweet bachelor pad in the city.

Contracts become guaranteed Fri 2/10/2012. I've seen enough, Knicks should lock him up for at least 2 years and not risk him becoming a FA.

tiger0330

Legend
BTW, Anybody look at how the Knicks are scoring now? My impression is that the Knicks are scoring a ton more points in the paint and the 3s are down. So who gets the credit D'Antoni or Lin for all these P&R points.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
LOL at the Washington Wizards forums there cursing Lin saying how cocky and how much he sucks, and how hell be out the league in one month

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
.....he couldnt be any more humble

Here is his exact post lmao

""Wow, another loss to a terrible team.

Lin was looking like John Stockton out there.
I'm really starting to dislike this kid, especially when he expresses his cockyness on the court in the form of ridiculous head bobs and what not.
C'mon you scrub, you'll be out the league in a month or so.
GTFO!

Wall over everything right now.
Book is a keeper.
McGee deserves 5-7mil a year TOPS!

And guess what fellas?
Miami on Friday.""

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Well. :evil: me. I was listening to the game and I think I crapped a brick.
I just double checked NBA.com and... I still wasn't expecting ANY of that.

Cheers for NY in DC? Another 20+ game for Lin? Chandler scoring 20+?? Steve Novak EN FUEGO~!? TEN assists?!?

Sure, the Wizards weren't at 100% either, but they had a good line-up of their own, including an energetic PG and a real full-time center.
Sure, it wasn't Howard or Perkins, but McGee provides pretty smash-mouth defense.

But Lin. Lin. Lin. Linning. 10 assists. You cannot measure how excited I am about that. Ten assists (and still, a 20+ point game). And those were just direct passes to Walker, Chandler, Novak, and Fields. A bit sad that no one else had more than 2 assists tonight, but it's comforting to know they could have if they weren't busy torching the Wizards tonight.

"(My son texted) me that (his Cornell team in college) did a much better job guarding (Lin) than we did tonight. (The game wasn't even over yet.) Makes dad feel good." -- Wizard's coach Randy Wittman

This is as academic as Lin's SLAM DUNK. (Pretty sure I saw him dunk the ball against the Nets too.) Without a shadow of a doubt, the Knicks have a reliable PG. And I'm knocking on wood D'Antoni doesn't burn him out (like everyone else) with his 40-a-night workouts when we're behind; this isn't going to be the Jeremy Lin Show, the Carmelo Anthony Show or the STAT HOUR -- they're the Knicks. They're a team. A damn good one.

That said, I think the Lakers will provide some trouble this Friday; they'll be pretty well rested after that loss to the 76ers and you never count out Ron Art-- MWP. But just the sight of a complete-looking Knicks team (even with injuries to Davis, Jorts, and -- probably a good thing in the long run -- Melo) is a sweet sight. I'm pretty sure STAT will have a great time on offense now that he has a reliable feeder, and I hope Melo integrates well too.

Congrats also to the Cavs, who managed to swat away the Clippers (who are still reeling from their CB loss) without their own star-guard, Irving.

Another great game, I really love THIS lineup!!!

A damn shame they'll get broken up once Jello and Fraudermire return....

Well it was good while it lasted.

There is still hope Stoudemire won't play against the Lakers, otherwise back to hatin'.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Another great game, I really love THIS lineup!!!

A damn shame they'll get broken up once Jello and Fraudermire return....

Well it was good while it lasted.

There is still hope Stoudemire won't play against the Lakers, otherwise back to hatin'.

Dude! You're hating on Amar'e and Melo on all the threads. I understand that you're not confident with them in this offense because they're ball stoppers, but they can play team ball.

They actually were getting better offensive flow and rhythm WITH STAT & Melo in the lineup just before STAT's brother passed away.

Dude! You're hating on Amar'e and Melo on all the threads. I understand that you're not confident with them in this offense because they're ball stoppers, but they can play team ball.

They actually were getting better offensive flow and rhythm WITH STAT & Melo in the lineup just before STAT's brother passed away.

Really? From what I saw it was Lin who saved them against Jersey...or not?

I've just lost all confidence and all respect for them. Their record, playing for us, is just horrible and the quality of basketball we had to endure was dreadful.

But I agree, I need to stop with the hate in every thread, I think I've stated my point. No need to spam around. That one is on me and I'll stop it right now.

I still can't stand them though.

portega1968

El Cacique
Really? From what I saw it was Lin who saved them against Jersey...or not?

I've just lost all confidence and all respect for them. Their record, playing for us, is just horrible and the quality of basketball we had to endure was dreadful.

But I agree, I need to stop with the hate in every thread, I think I've stated my point. No need to spam around. That one is on me and I'll stop it right now.

I still can't stand them though.

I thought of you bro when I saw this:

2000-06-15.gif