View Poll Results: For a rep point, guess how many dimes Lin throws tonight.

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

1 2.94%

1 2.94%

4 11.76%

6 17.65%

6 17.65%

16 47.06%
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Wednesday, Feb 8 - Knicks @ Wizards 7:00pm

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    is Baron Davis playing in this game?
    no he's not unfortunately latest on Baron according to dantoni davis has had a setback and is still out indefinitely with still no scheduled return and the knicks are not planing to have Baron back before the allstar break. the Good news is we still have hope with LIN.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I
    Maybe it's because when I was a kid and you were bragging about something and not backing it up or talking like a winner, but ended up losing you got an incredible amount of heat and basically didn't want to leave home for a week or so....so my attitude is: When you talk championship/winning/beeing great you better back it up or you're just a ****ing idiot who needs to be clapped back.

That's how I treat people in real life (no violence), but when somebody talks **** in my face and doesn't back it up he better get outta my sight, cause they no longer exist for me.

That's why I can't stand Lebron, Melo, Stoudemire and a few others. They pretend to be champions and talk like champions, but they haven't won anything yet.

If Melo and STAT had already won a championship, they could talk all day, because they wouldn't owe us and themselves, but right now they owe everything and haven't won anything.

I need a new hero on the Knicks man, Tyson Chandler might be the guy. He pretty much embodies all the attributes a sports hero must stand for in my oppinion.

But one Chandler ain't enough, we need more dogs and less puppys and Melo and STAT really need to toughen up mentally, they don't need to be hard on the court like Rodman or Laimbeer, getting physical, but they need to get as tough mentally as Tyson Chandler, they must prepare themselves to do EVERYTHING necessaryto win. Right now all I can see are lucklaster approaches by our two highest paid and therefore most important players.

I always 'loved' the Justin Tucks, Michael Strahans, Ray Lewis's, Ed Reeds or in basketball terms: The Allen Iversons, Latrell Sprewells, Larry Johnsons, John Starks's etc.

I think you get the point.
    Total rings for Allen Iverson, Latrell Sprewell, Larry Johnson and John Starks COMBINED...Zero.

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I know man, it'S kinda weird - I admit that.

I still consider myself a fan, o doubt about that bro, but I can't relate with the players on the current roster.

Normally you support your players and like the guys and cheer them on, you know that man, but this season I'm just kinda bored/annoyed when watching these guys play....they really lack something imo.

It's not Melo'S and Anare's fault that they were given $100 million contracts, I just don't like they way they're acting off the court. This is a personal issue I think, 99% of the fans don't have an issue with it, I have.

Maybe it's because when I was a kid and you were bragging about something and not backing it up or talking like a winner, but ended up losing you got an incredible amount of heat and basically didn't want to leave home for a week or so....so my attitude is: When you talk championship/winning/beeing great you better back it up or you're just a ****ing idiot who needs to be clapped back.

That's how I treat people in real life (no violence), but when somebody talks **** in my face and doesn't back it up he better get outta my sight, cause they no longer exist for me.

That's why I can't stand Lebron, Melo, Stoudemire and a few others. They pretend to be champions and talk like champions, but they haven't won anything yet.

On the other hand you have guys like Tim Duncan who have more rings on one hand than the others guy combined, but he doesn't come out twice a week and talk **** about winning (although he could). He doesn't need a reality show on TV to celebrate himself.....he's just getting the damn thing done.

If Melo and STAT had already won a championship, they could talk all day, because they wouldn't owe us and themselves, but right now they owe everything and haven't won anything.

I need a new hero on the Knicks man, Tyson Chandler might be the guy. He pretty much embodies all the attributes a sports hero must stand for in my oppinion.

But one Chandler ain't enough, we need more dogs and less puppys and Melo and STAT really need to toughen up mentally, they don't need to be hard on the court like Rodman or Laimbeer, getting physical, but they need to get as tough mentally as Tyson Chandler, they must prepare themselves to do EVERYTHING necessaryto win. Right now all I can see are lucklaster approaches by our two highest paid and therefore most important players.

I always 'loved' the Justin Tucks, Michael Strahans, Ray Lewis's, Ed Reeds or in basketball terms: The Allen Iversons, Latrell Sprewells, Larry Johnsons, John Starks's etc.

I think you get the point.
    Lebron could easily be the highest paid player in basketball right now but he sacraficed and took a paycut to form the big 3 with an attempt to win multiple championships. thats a CHAMPION STATE OF MIND every NBA player is different Tim duncan has rings he doesn't gloat about it because thats not his personality. On the other hand Kobe will throw it your face about how many championships he has. If your a contender and have the pieces in place to win a chip, with high expectations, and half the world wants to see you FAIL.(miami heat) then there should be no reason for you to NOT have a champions mind state.

As far as melo and stat honestly

STAT is in New York- because no other team was going to throw 100mill at him and the knicks were desperate to bring in a star when everyone else was rejecting them (lebron,joe johnson, etc)

MELO is in New york- because he enjoys the spot light, loves the attention, and Lola wanted to be here. he's all about the $$$$ dont get me wrong he's a great player (my fav player) but he's a $$$$$$ guy when its all said and done. you put Money and a championship on a table and tell melo to leave with which ever one he wants i gurantee you that championship would still be on the table lol.

in Denver melo had i think the best pieces you could have to win a chip i think they were 1 or 2 pieces away from being serious contenders. unfortunately melo was more of a ballhog back then, than he is now. its sad that you have to shoot 33 percent and 35 of 105 shooting in 4 games for the thought of quote
    "Maybe I need to not take so many shots. I don't know," he said. "There's just a bunch of stuff that goes through my mind. Just [trying to figure] out ways to make other guys better. Should I pass it more?"
    to come through your mind when you've been in the nba for 8 seasons.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Feb 06, 2012 at 12:24.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Total rings for Allen Iverson, Latrell Sprewell, Larry Johnson and John Starks COMBINED...Zero.
    Did I ever claim they have rings?

No, but they all played like champions. You as a Knick fan should know that, how LJ played his heart out for us man. The same goes for John Starks and Spree. I'll never forget how Spree fought his ass off on the court in game 5 of the 99 Finals, but Avery Johnson beat us with that lucky shot and Spree was devastated, creeping back to the locker room, almost in tears......he gave his all.....

And Iverson is probably the biggest warrior in NBA history....SHAQ agrees. He once said Iverson is the toughest guy in the NBA, heard it myself and I agree...at 5'11 - 160 lbs he took SHOTS every night, but he managed to make a Hall of Fame career out of it....and the Sixers roster he took to the Finals was not half as talented as the current Knicks roster.....A.I. deserves respect.

Awesome thread!

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Nice thread, but will not co-sign on the like for boney culo. I'm from the hood, need that thick booty.

Not seeing much of the Asian girl's face at first I thought it was Nicki Minaj.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    LOL! That's pretty severe ownage, but I still agree with his overall sentiment, at least why he has a bad taste in his mouth about how we signed Amare and Melo, and their off-court ongoings combined with their on-court play.

I'm not sure propping up guys like Iverson as model player of the NBA is ideal, though.

A warrior on the court, ya. But still an ******* teammate in many ways.

And while I do take a ton of beef with Amare's off-court antics combined with his on-court play,

I'm also not down for a guy thugging it up and being a pretty lame teammate and franchise presence and distraction at times....and not even winning rings along the way.

And I can, admittedly, respect Amare for not being some total distraction to our team and disgrace to the city.

My hate towards STATisticals is magnified by my continual, intense frustration with ownership, and the ****ty spot ownership constantly puts our players and franchise and fans in.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Nice thread, but will not co-sign on the like for boney culo. I'm from the hood, need that thick booty.
    I've noted that a lot of crew on here feel the same. Why is that? If it's big but firm, all day long! But a cellulite, jiggling, dumper is horrible, and should be added as a no-no to the 10 commandments.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    I've noted that a lot of crew on here feel the same. Why is that? If it's big but firm, all day long! But a cellulite, jiggling, dumper is horrible, and should be added as a no-no to the 10 commandments.
    Man, such a good point. And good thread, per your preternatural excellence.

I can't hack those mondo asses, for multiple reasons.

Aesthetically, of course.

But I'm also a Caucasian Jew. My dick would get lost in there like an eraser working its way through a vat of jello. The asscheeks alone would envelope me like a vice before I could even sniff the glory(hole).

Originally Posted by portega1968

With the way John Wall is playing and how Lin had him taking notice, the Harvard Schooler may go for a triple double!!!
    nice find portega.

I watched that whole clip

Lin was really impressive, im shocked he was never looked at.

reminds me of Tony Parker, jsut using his speed and deception to cut through a defense.

He made John Wall look like a school boy.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Man, such a good point. And good thread, per your preternatural excellence.

I can't hack those mondo asses, for multiple reasons.

Aesthetically, of course.

But I'm also a Caucasian Jew. My dick would get lost in there like an eraser working its way through a vat of jello. The asscheeks alone would envelope me like a vice before I could even sniff the glory(hole).
    Oh ****. I've broken a pooper valve from the hilarity. My Tuesday has gotten infinitely better.

All about the face for me.

Default Update.

A look at the Wizard's recent OT game against Toronto.

Lin is pitted against another great point guard in John Wall.

Will he hang Wall's head on his wall? He'll be exhausted.

Assuming that STAT plays, will the 2 work as a tandem?

The Wizards will have a night off to recover from their OT battle against Toronto, just as our lads have a night off to recover from the wear and tear of playing irregularly long minutes.

The Washington back-court of Wall and Young could well be a big problem for this team, and if Chandler gets in to early foul trouble I doubt that Jefferies will have the stamina to take as many charges as he has in the last 2 games.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Assuming that STAT plays, will the 2 work as a tandem?
    IMO much too early to say when STAT will be back, I guess it's a matter of at least week or two...