Lin starting tonight

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218808/Knicks_To_Start_Jeremy_Lin

Mike D'Antoni announced that he will start Jeremy Lin at point guard Monday night against the Jazz, following Lin's 25-point performance on Saturday against the Nets.
The Knicks have already started three other point guards, with Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby and Iman Shumpert receiving the call.
?This is a system that is beneficial to attacking point guards,? Lin said. ?That?s what I try to do.?
Lin has attached himself to assistant coach Kenny Atkinson, who is a master at working with players and keeping them sharp mentally.

?That?s the thing, people like Kenny working behind the scenes and never get the recognition,? Lin said. ?Kenny has been unbelievable every day.?

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218808/Knicks_To_Start_Jeremy_Lin#ixzz1lcmInpHp

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
good move!
lol look at Lin all over the NYK website!!! lets just hope he keeps with the momentum

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
im excited to see what Lin brings tonight, he should play with alot of confidence and be pumped coming off the best night of his life vs the nets. No stat tonight but i think well be seeing alot of pick and roll with chandler, some Lobs and melo with some open looks off Lins penetration. I hope he can keep up the good work... in other news im slightly pissed to see jeffries as our starter tonight in place of Stat, on the bright side when jeffries and chandler hit the bench does this mean more JEROME JORDAN? or are we going to play small ball -__-

Last edited:

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I would be very surprised if Jordan plays even with Amare out. Looks like Dumbphoney has decided that he isn`t good enough without giving him a chance, just like he has been doing for years with other players.

I hope I`m wrong and he gets some minutes. I think that he could give us some good minutes if given the chance.

finestrg

Rotation player
I just pray we don't really get too exposed tonight -- with all our backcourt problems, we're actually pretty thin up front w/o STAT. Gonna have to deal with some big, talented players on that Jazz frontline -- Al Jefferson, Millsap, Derrick Favors, Kanter...Gonna be tough. Hard to imagine Jeffries having the same impact that he had the other night against Jersey... Chandler's gonna have to play huge and we're gonna need 30+ outta Melo. Hopefully Melo, Fields and co. can also keep their wings down (Raja Bell, CJ Miles, Hayward, Josh Howard). That might be the key..Their bigs are gonna produce, but if we can keep these other guys down, we might have a chance...

Hopefully Lin can have another big game. Devin Harris isn't having a good year and backup PG Earl Watson's been playing hurt. Lin needs to stay agressive and take it right at these two...

This whole roster could definitely use a facelift --- we're gonna need another halfway decent 4/5 man on this team to play behind Amar'e/Chandler. I continue to like C Marcus Cousin who's out there and available but he's more of a true 5-man...Maybe we look at a few D-League players for help at the 4: Marcus Lewis, Greg Smith or Darnell Lazare.... Lewis is leading the DL in double-doubles with 20; I know we had interest in Smith at one point right before the season--he's been very efficient this yr in the NBDL putting up 16.8 ppg on a whopping 67.7 FG% along with 8.3 rpg; and although Lazare's slightly undersized at 6'8" 240 he's a very good scorer 15' and in with a very aggressive post game. Suddenly without STAT, we really have no post threat at all on the offensive end of the floor...

Hopefully we see a little Jerome Jordan tonight...Maybe some twin-tower effect with Jordan and Chandler together up front for stretches...Jordan might play well with Lin out there...Damn, I wish we at least had Jorts tonight.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Lin and Chandler are the keys to a win tonight. If those 2 can stay on the floor and out of foul trouble then we can pull it off... otherwise its another L unless Shumpert explodes and TD remembers how to play Bball again.

With Amar'e out I also forgot how much we miss Jorts... anything new on him?

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
I would be very surprised if Jordan plays even with Amare out. Looks like Dumbphoney has decided that he isn`t good enough without giving him a chance, just like he has been doing for years with other players.

I hope I`m wrong and he gets some minutes. I think that he could give us some good minutes if given the chance.

Well just maybe he'd have a better vantage point than you considering he sees him everyday in practice, maybe not.. smh

nyk_nyk

All Star
I just pray we don't really get too exposed tonight -- with all our backcourt problems, we're actually pretty thin up front w/o STAT. Gonna have to deal with some big, talented players on that Jazz frontline -- Al Jefferson, Millsap, Derrick Favors, Kanter...Gonna be tough.
This is why Jordan should get minutes. He's a pro and should be given a chance to prove his worth. The little i've seen from him was pretty decent. If anything, he's active in the post.

Suddenly without STAT, we really have no post threat at all on the offensive end of the floor.
With STAT we have no post threat so that doesn't really matter.

portega1968

El Cacique
Haven't seen anywhere who's taking a seat if Lin is starting (Fields or Shump).

If it's Shump, it'll probably be a blow to his confidence!!!

Haven't seen anywhere who's taking a seat if Lin is starting (Fields or Shump).

If it's Shump, it'll probably be a blow to his confidence!!!

have you ever listened to shump speak ??

I dont think there is a thing on this planet that will be a blow to his confidence.

this kid oozing swagu haha

had to do it

but im saying hes got veteran swag, after that 5 for 20 game he came back the next game off the bench and didnt miss a step , played defense , hustled and worked his way back into the starting liine up.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I'm a bit tentative with Lin starting. I still don't think he should be getting 30 minutes a night, if just to keep opposing teams disoriented and Knicks players fresh.

But the NJ game, having Lin on the floor made all our Forwards look so much better... it's hard to imagine NOT giving Lin more minutes.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Besides he wants to play very badly... last night I thought what a prick MDA is he was playing him more than 40 minutes, but during the presser Dante said he wanted to give Lin some break but he didn't want to come out.

skisloper

Starter
Besides he wants to play very badly... last night I thought what a prick MDA is he was playing him more than 40 minutes, but during the presser Dante said he wanted to give Lin some break but he didn't want to come out.

Lin also said in the press conference " Dantonio's system is perfect for him "

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
"its not all me and i hope everyone sees that"

thats the opposite of what everyone sees. the only thing i'd change about jeremy is his humility. he hasnt taken an ounce of credit.

Paul1355

All Star
I'm a bit tentative with Lin starting. I still don't think he should be getting 30 minutes a night, if just to keep opposing teams disoriented and Knicks players fresh.

But the NJ game, having Lin on the floor made all our Forwards look so much better... it's hard to imagine NOT giving Lin more minutes.

how does that crow taste?