Lin starting tonight

iSaYughh

Starter
everyone says that until they realize he doesn't coach and the team starts losing

Winning season last year. Had a few winning seasons with the Suns, too.

Coach of Year, NBA leading seasons with the Suns in his prior stint.

Plenty of players said he was the perfect coach for them, too, no?

D you really think professional NBA players, including people who play for him or have played for him, are somehow less aware of the coaching of Mike D'antoni than you? Or that you know something special that they just don't "realize" till it's too late?

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I'm a bit tentative with Lin starting. I still don't think he should be getting 30 minutes a night, if just to keep opposing teams disoriented and Knicks players fresh.

But the NJ game, having Lin on the floor made all our Forwards look so much better... it's hard to imagine NOT giving Lin more minutes.
how does that crow taste?
Still don't taste it. Not yet anyway.

Tonight's game @ DC should be an interesting test for Lin. Third game in under a week, and this time in hostile territory. I sorta expect to see good things from TD as well; without Melo, Shumpert and Walker will be juggling swingman duties.

If Chandler gets into foul trouble, Jordan or even Balkman can get some quality minutes. And damn nice to see Jefferies grabbing rebounds. I don't care if he doesn't shoot, I don't think anyone expects him to score. But the Knicks needs help rebounding.

I think the match-up between Lin and sophomore phenom John Wall will grab people's attention, even though the Knicks have already seen vet PGs the past week. I'm more concerned with how our offense will react to Javale McGee. McGee will be the first big-time big-man the team will be staring down in awhile; the Nets and the Jazz didn't have their starting Cs and Boston had limited use of Jermaine O'Neal. I'm also looking at Washington's line-up of reserves: Rashard Lewis, Maurice Evans, Jordan Crawford...

I don't expect a third big scoring game from Lin, but I will be impressed if he can orchestrate plays and remain steady (more assists than TOs). And if MDA doesn't burn him dry. (Honestly, I have an issue with giving any player, unless they're going nova, close to 40 minutes a night, every night.)