Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Baron Davis has setback, now out indefinitely

  1. #1
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,477
    Rep Power
    20

    Breaking News Baron Davis has setback, now out indefinitely

    WTF!?

    The Knicks are not planning to have Baron Davis before the All-Star break.

    Coach Mike DAntoni said Davis has had "a setback" in his rehab from a herniated disc and remains out indefinitely.

    There had been hope Davis could make his Knicks debut by the end of January. But it continues to be pushed back and now DAntoni said he doesnt know when to expect him.

    I think we had a little bit of a setback, DAntoni said. Its safe to say. I dont know how bad."

    D'Antoni said whenever Davis can start practicing he's still "a week to 10 days out when the process restarts."

    The Knicks' last game before the All-Star break is Feb. 23.


    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Just great. the season savior's back is back to bad to worse.
    don't hold your breath.

    looks like Hustle Lin gets the nod.

    Jeremy Lin named Knicks' starting point guard
    Source: Al Iannazzone on Twitter

  2. #2
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    who knows maybe Lin can end up being some phenomenon and this whole thing ends up being good for us in the long runn

  3. #3
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Thanks for the update Clyde. I was one of the cats who had they eggs in the Davis basket.

  4. #4
    Member BachaCho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    283
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    This guy is never going to play what the hell, Linn is a good PG dont get me wrong, but do you guys believe he could be the one to bring us there? To the playoffs? Im not sure i got to see how he plays tonight but IDK man a rookie carrying our team is far out, we need a good PG desperately, Shumpert and Douglas is pathetic for backup PG's

  5. #5
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I'm not worried about this guy anymore. He gets back when he gets back.

  6. #6
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    We have 11 games left before the break and we're already 24 games into the season, which means we will have been playing 35 games when Davis makes his debut... more than a half season.

  7. #7
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Not good news.

    I have to admit I was wrong on Lin it seems. The kid has a big heart and a great attitude!

    He's still not very talented, but his effort and basketball IQ are nice to watch.

    That makes atleast 2 and a half men on our starting lineup (Chandler, Lin and Fields is the half man)

  8. #8
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    who knows maybe Lin can end up being some phenomenon and this whole thing ends up being good for us in the long runn
    I think alot you are OVER HYPING Lin 1 spectacular game and now he's our new savior? people in the game thread saying he's better then D.Rose, Cp3 the next steve nash? lol idk if some of you were joking,caught up in the moment or what. But we cant put the fate of our season in Jermey Lin. He has potential to be something special and you should continue developing him no doubt, but we were playing one of the WEAKEST defenses in the NBA with a worst rec then us. i do admit he held his own against D.will and made him look like a scrub in that game but we cant go through this season counting on Lin what happens when he goes to the bench? TD/Shump are not running this offense smoothly we need to somehow make a trade for sessions (someone that can settle our game tempo) i wouldn't mind a sessions/Lin rotation with Lin coming as our spark off the bench or Lin/sessions rotation with sessions off the bench keeping the flow of the game in order.
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Feb 06, 2012 at 12:45.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    I think alot you are OVER HYPING Lin 1 spectacular game and now he's our new savior? people in the game thread saying he's better then D.Rose, Cp3 the next steve nash? lol idk if some of you were joking,caught up in the moment or what. But we cant put the fate of our season in Jermey Lin. He has potential to be something special and you should continue developing him no doubt, but we were playing one of the WEAKEST defenses in the NBA with a worst rec then us. i do admit he held his own against D.will and made him look like a scrub in that game but we cant go through this season counting on Lin what happens when he goes to the bench? TD/Shump are not running this offense smoothly we need to somehow make a trade for sessions (someone that can settle our game tempo) i wouldn't mind a sessions/Lin rotation with Lin coming as our spark off the bench or Lin/sessions rotation with sessions off the bench keeping the flow of the game in order.

    Listen due to circumstances we will get to see 100% of what LIN is made of.....He is now the starter and at this point its his job to lose......
    In a sense he is our savior because we all know damn well without a PG it is not happening for the Knicks.....As for Sessions they should 100% go after him.

  10. #10
    Member knicks1183's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Lin has plenty of heart. The sad thing is players like lebron have very high talent but no heart. I'd take lin over some overhyped guards curently playing in the league, I mean JJ Barea was not a all star point guard, but got the ring. So do you all want a guard who has high talent with no heart, or someone who may not be a athletic freak but plays ball the smart way with heart!!!, I cant remember the last time I seen the garden excited over anyone like that since fields..

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicks1183
    Lin has plenty of heart. The sad thing is players like lebron have very high talent but no heart. I'd take lin over some overhyped guards curently playing in the league, I mean JJ Barea was not a all star point guard, but got the ring. So do you all want a guard who has high talent with no heart, or someone who may not be a athletic freak but plays ball the smart way with heart!!!, I cant remember the last time I seen the garden excited over anyone like that since fields..
    Part of the excitement is base on the poor performance of our overpaid peeps...

    But If LIN can deliver , Chandler's leadership and Amare's heart I think maybe just maybe Melo can evolve into the King.....

    Lets now win 2 in a row.

  12. #12
    Veteran LeFlume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Upstate
    Posts
    3,662
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Time to jump ship on that guy. We don't need him. Bye bye Davis...

  13. #13
    Veteran AmareForPresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Queens,NY
    Posts
    1,791
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Baron Azubuike.

  14. #14
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by LeFlume
    Time to jump ship on that guy. We don't need him. Bye bye Davis...
    YES we do need him. What team are you watching?

  15. #15

    Default

    Having Baron Davis is a GOOD option. He's likely going to better than Bibby.
    If Baron Davis is healthy, motivated, he can be a GREAT option. (He was pretty strong the games he had with the Cavs.)

    Lin still isn't starting material in my eyes. One great game where he was scoring and almost out of gas. He can't do that three nights in a row. We need additional PGs, and rotating Shumpy or Bibby or Douglas... having another decent PG will be good for business.

    Now if Davis comes back healthy and SUCKS... then that's something entirely different.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 63
    Last Post: Feb 01, 2012, 14:12
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: Jan 10, 2012, 21:45
  3. Baron Davis
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Dec 26, 2011, 22:44
  4. Replies: 15
    Last Post: Dec 23, 2011, 09:26
  5. Baron Davis to be a Clipper
    By jpz17 in forum NBA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 02, 2008, 10:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •