Baron Davis has setback, now out indefinitely

th3realicon

Rotation player
I have a feeling this guy wanted to get paid for doing nothing and thought joining the Knick was the way to go since 2.5 mill thrown out wont really break Dolan's pocket. Smart businessman straight out of Compton.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I doubt it I think he really wants to change his image and legacy so he doesn't wanna take any risk and really re injure his back. I read a really good article about a month ago about how bad his time with the Clippers were and how he just wants a fresh start.

Edit: I just read it's not even his back thats hurt he has an elbow infection

Last edited:

Wargames

Starter
in other news

stevekylerNBA Steve Kyler
To clarify... Chauncey Billups likely tore his Achilles, ending his season if the MRI proves that to be true...

586682.jpg

If there was any doubt Amnestying Chauncy to get Chandler was the right move .... Hindsight makes it a No question now.

at 36 this might be the end of Billups career .... Dude was a great player

tiger0330

Legend
What next with BD a toothache? Might be the best thing for this team, not to rely on BD, injury prone and who knows what he has left and when he can bring it. Let Lin keep playing like he has and it'll be his job to keep.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
in other news

To clarify... Chauncey Billups likely tore his Achilles, ending his season if the MRI proves that to be true...

586682.jpg

If there was any doubt Amnestying Chauncy to get Chandler was the right move .... Hindsight makes it a No question now.

wow was LITERALLY writing this out lmao.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...latest-updates-on-clippers-pg-achilles-injury

Wargames

Starter
What next with BD a toothache? Might be the best thing for this team, not to rely on BD, injury prone and who knows what he has left and when he can bring it. Let Lin keep playing like he has and it'll be his job to keep.

actually I Agree to a point if we can learn anything from the Giants dudes getting healthy and having fresh legs at the right time can be a blessing. Even if Baron isn't ready until after the all star game (which was the worse case scenario originally :barf:). He could definitely help the team in the playoffs (if we make it)

The knicks should really go after JR Smith. Even if just for the playoffs this year it would fix their back court a ton.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
in other news

586682.jpg

sucks for the clippers, they'll probably go hard after JR now. Who becomes there starting SG? gomes? lol foye? they need Mo's scoring off the bench it surely wont be him.

Paul1355

All Star
WTF!?

The Knicks are not planning to have Baron Davis before the All-Star break.

Coach Mike DAntoni said Davis has had "a setback" in his rehab from a herniated disc and remains out indefinitely.

There had been hope Davis could make his Knicks debut by the end of January. But it continues to be pushed back and now DAntoni said he doesnt know when to expect him.

I think we had a little bit of a setback, DAntoni said. Its safe to say. I dont know how bad."

D'Antoni said whenever Davis can start practicing he's still "a week to 10 days out when the process restarts."

The Knicks' last game before the All-Star break is Feb. 23.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infom...day_5min&feed:c=sports_blogs&feed:i=1.3508363

Just great. the season savior's back is back to bad to worse.
don't hold your breath.

looks like Hustle Lin gets the nod.

Jeremy Lin named Knicks' starting point guard
Source: Al Iannazzone on Twitter

I really just want Baron Davis back so we have a legit PG to backup Lin! haha

I never thought I would say tht Davis should back up Lin but if we had Davis off the bench maning the other guys then we would be great.

If Lin can stay healthy and not get run into the ground by Mike D who over used Duhon and Felton, then we should be fine right now.

I'm excited to see how well Lin can play starting a game with Stat, Melo and Chandler.

Lin played with no Stat and Melo, and Chandler barely played any minutes and he still had 28 points with 8 assists. Unbelievable.

Davis better get back by allstar break or we should cut his old ass.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I really just want Baron Davis back so we have a legit PG to backup Lin! haha

I never thought I would say tht Davis should back up Lin but if we had Davis off the bench maning the other guys then we would be great.

If Lin can stay healthy and not get run into the ground by Mike D who over used Duhon and Felton, then we should be fine right now.
Hey, 2 PGs > 1 PG -- especially if it means they can split their minutes and stay sane.

Also, terrible news with Chauncey. He was a key player for the Clippers, a great tandem to give Paul more freedom, and overall a guy with a great history. Chauncey has proven he is a tough SOB and I hope he's still got that one championship run left in him.

Paul1355

All Star
I have a feeling this guy wanted to get paid for doing nothing and thought joining the Knick was the way to go since 2.5 mill thrown out wont really break Dolan's pocket. Smart businessman straight out of Compton.

my father said that.

Baron came here for the loot.

He better get his fat ass on the court or he will be fighting for a job next year. No one will want a lazy ass injury prone, bum looking guy.

Baron came here for the vet minimum, not for the 2.5 mil mini-MLE.

Baron wasn't doing us any favors man he came here to be on a big team Just incase we make a run Now he saw we were losing He's disinterested and doesn't want to play. If Lin keeps this up and we play great Baron will come around and play but it will be too late.
That's the kind of player he is, He was disinterested on the Clippers and came out of shape until he saw the Blake Griffin Show going on and finally got into a little shape and started playing well but it was too late he fell out of grace and got traded for Mo Williams.
Cavs won the Irving sweepstakes by making the trade for B.Diddy and still amnesty'd him because they felt it was best to just let Kyrie grow.
Davis has always been a player who needs extra motivation to play or He'll just mail it in. We might as well cut him and free up roster space What is he going to do if he comes back March(Mid March) Huh Playoffs start April you think in 1 month he'll be on page with Melo Amare and Chandler?
I rather roll with Lin and throw the MLE on Aaron Brooks

Sorry guys but we got Hoodwink BDiddy ain't no savior