Baron Davis has setback, now out indefinitely

CoolClyde

WTF!?

The Knicks are not planning to have Baron Davis before the All-Star break.

Coach Mike DAntoni said Davis has had "a setback" in his rehab from a herniated disc and remains out indefinitely.

There had been hope Davis could make his Knicks debut by the end of January. But it continues to be pushed back and now DAntoni said he doesnt know when to expect him.

I think we had a little bit of a setback, DAntoni said. Its safe to say. I dont know how bad."

D'Antoni said whenever Davis can start practicing he's still "a week to 10 days out when the process restarts."

The Knicks' last game before the All-Star break is Feb. 23.

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infom...day_5min&feed:c=sports_blogs&feed:i=1.3508363

Just great. the season savior's back is back to bad to worse.
don't hold your breath.

looks like Hustle Lin gets the nod.

Jeremy Lin named Knicks' starting point guard
Source: Al Iannazzone on Twitter

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
who knows maybe Lin can end up being some phenomenon and this whole thing ends up being good for us in the long runn

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
This guy is never going to play what the hell, Linn is a good PG dont get me wrong, but do you guys believe he could be the one to bring us there? To the playoffs? Im not sure i got to see how he plays tonight but IDK man a rookie carrying our team is far out, we need a good PG desperately, Shumpert and Douglas is pathetic for backup PG's

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We have 11 games left before the break and we're already 24 games into the season, which means we will have been playing 35 games when Davis makes his debut... more than a half season.

Not good news.

I have to admit I was wrong on Lin it seems. The kid has a big heart and a great attitude!

He's still not very talented, but his effort and basketball IQ are nice to watch.

That makes atleast 2 and a half men on our starting lineup (Chandler, Lin and Fields is the half man) :teeth:

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
who knows maybe Lin can end up being some phenomenon and this whole thing ends up being good for us in the long runn
I think alot you are OVER HYPING Lin 1 spectacular game and now he's our new savior? people in the game thread saying he's better then D.Rose, Cp3 the next steve nash? lol idk if some of you were joking,caught up in the moment or what. But we cant put the fate of our season in Jermey Lin. He has potential to be something special and you should continue developing him no doubt, but we were playing one of the WEAKEST defenses in the NBA with a worst rec then us. i do admit he held his own against D.will and made him look like a scrub in that game but we cant go through this season counting on Lin what happens when he goes to the bench? TD/Shump are not running this offense smoothly we need to somehow make a trade for sessions (someone that can settle our game tempo) i wouldn't mind a sessions/Lin rotation with Lin coming as our spark off the bench or Lin/sessions rotation with sessions off the bench keeping the flow of the game in order.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
I think alot you are OVER HYPING Lin 1 spectacular game and now he's our new savior? people in the game thread saying he's better then D.Rose, Cp3 the next steve nash? lol idk if some of you were joking,caught up in the moment or what. But we cant put the fate of our season in Jermey Lin. He has potential to be something special and you should continue developing him no doubt, but we were playing one of the WEAKEST defenses in the NBA with a worst rec then us. i do admit he held his own against D.will and made him look like a scrub in that game but we cant go through this season counting on Lin what happens when he goes to the bench? TD/Shump are not running this offense smoothly we need to somehow make a trade for sessions (someone that can settle our game tempo) i wouldn't mind a sessions/Lin rotation with Lin coming as our spark off the bench or Lin/sessions rotation with sessions off the bench keeping the flow of the game in order.

Listen due to circumstances we will get to see 100% of what LIN is made of.....He is now the starter and at this point its his job to lose......
In a sense he is our savior because we all know damn well without a PG it is not happening for the Knicks.....As for Sessions they should 100% go after him.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
Lin has plenty of heart. The sad thing is players like lebron have very high talent but no heart. I'd take lin over some overhyped guards curently playing in the league, I mean JJ Barea was not a all star point guard, but got the ring. So do you all want a guard who has high talent with no heart, or someone who may not be a athletic freak but plays ball the smart way with heart!!!, I cant remember the last time I seen the garden excited over anyone like that since fields..

skisloper

Starter
Lin has plenty of heart. The sad thing is players like lebron have very high talent but no heart. I'd take lin over some overhyped guards curently playing in the league, I mean JJ Barea was not a all star point guard, but got the ring. So do you all want a guard who has high talent with no heart, or someone who may not be a athletic freak but plays ball the smart way with heart!!!, I cant remember the last time I seen the garden excited over anyone like that since fields..

Part of the excitement is base on the poor performance of our overpaid peeps...

But If LIN can deliver , Chandler's leadership and Amare's heart I think maybe just maybe Melo can evolve into the King.....

Lets now win 2 in a row.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Having Baron Davis is a GOOD option. He's likely going to better than Bibby.
If Baron Davis is healthy, motivated, he can be a GREAT option. (He was pretty strong the games he had with the Cavs.)

Lin still isn't starting material in my eyes. One great game where he was scoring and almost out of gas. He can't do that three nights in a row. We need additional PGs, and rotating Shumpy or Bibby or Douglas... having another decent PG will be good for business.

Now if Davis comes back healthy and SUCKS... then that's something entirely different.

portega1968

El Cacique
Having Baron Davis is a GOOD option. He's likely going to better than Bibby.
If Baron Davis is healthy, motivated, he can be a GREAT option. (He was pretty strong the games he had with the Cavs.)

Lin still isn't starting material in my eyes. One great game where he was scoring and almost out of gas. He can't do that three nights in a row. We need additional PGs, and rotating Shumpy or Bibby or Douglas... having another decent PG will be good for business.

Now if Davis comes back healthy and SUCKS... then that's something entirely different.

Remember Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson?

Anyways, I want to see Lin do a consistently good job at the PG before we go saying we don't need Baron. Nevertheless, it's inspiring to hear that he is dominating practices and he seems a very good fit for Mr. Pringles' offense.

A healthy Baron will be an asset no matter how the Lin story unfolds

skisloper

Starter
Remember Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson?

Anyways, I want to see Lin do a consistently good job at the PG before we go saying we don't need Baron. Nevertheless, it's inspiring to hear that he is dominating practices and he seems a very good fit for Mr. Pringles' offense.

A healthy Baron will be an asset no matter how the Lin story unfolds

Davis somewhat healthy off the bench will make us a much deeper team....just as LIN has made us a real team.....