Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Baron Davis has setback, now out indefinitely

Baron Davis reported that his setback was an elbow infection nothing back related

So he'll be here for sure after the All star break?

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    So he'll be here for sure after the All star break?
    def after, theres a chance he could play before but usually elbow infections take a week-2 weeks to heal add another week to that for some practice

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by pakopako
    Having Baron Davis is a GOOD option. He's likely going to better than Bibby.
    If Baron Davis is healthy, motivated, he can be a GREAT option. (He was pretty strong the games he had with the Cavs.)

Lin still isn't starting material in my eyes. One great game where he was scoring and almost out of gas. He can't do that three nights in a row. We need additional PGs, and rotating Shumpy or Bibby or Douglas... having another decent PG will be good for business.

Now if Davis comes back healthy and SUCKS... then that's something entirely different.
    Remember Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson?

Anyways, I want to see Lin do a consistently good job at the PG before we go saying we don't need Baron. Nevertheless, it's inspiring to hear that he is dominating practices and he seems a very good fit for Mr. Pringles' offense.

A healthy Baron will be an asset no matter how the Lin story unfolds

Veteran

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Remember Doug Flutie and Rob Johnson?

Anyways, I want to see Lin do a consistently good job at the PG before we go saying we don't need Baron. Nevertheless, it's inspiring to hear that he is dominating practices and he seems a very good fit for Mr. Pringles' offense.

A healthy Baron will be an asset no matter how the Lin story unfolds
    Davis somewhat healthy off the bench will make us a much deeper team....just as LIN has made us a real team.....

I have a feeling this guy wanted to get paid for doing nothing and thought joining the Knick was the way to go since 2.5 mill thrown out wont really break Dolan's pocket. Smart businessman straight out of Compton.

I doubt it I think he really wants to change his image and legacy so he doesn't wanna take any risk and really re injure his back. I read a really good article about a month ago about how bad his time with the Clippers were and how he just wants a fresh start.

Edit: I just read it's not even his back thats hurt he has an elbow infection
    Last edited by NYCLakerfan; Feb 06, 2012 at 22:53.

in other news

stevekylerNBA Steve Kyler
    To clarify... Chauncey Billups likely tore his Achilles, ending his season if the MRI proves that to be true...

If there was any doubt Amnestying Chauncy to get Chandler was the right move .... Hindsight makes it a No question now.

at 36 this might be the end of Billups career .... Dude was a great player

Veteran

What next with BD a toothache? Might be the best thing for this team, not to rely on BD, injury prone and who knows what he has left and when he can bring it. Let Lin keep playing like he has and it'll be his job to keep.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    in other news

To clarify... Chauncey Billups likely tore his Achilles, ending his season if the MRI proves that to be true...

If there was any doubt Amnestying Chauncy to get Chandler was the right move .... Hindsight makes it a No question now.

wow was LITERALLY writing this out lmao.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    What next with BD a toothache? Might be the best thing for this team, not to rely on BD, injury prone and who knows what he has left and when he can bring it. Let Lin keep playing like he has and it'll be his job to keep.
    actually I Agree to a point if we can learn anything from the Giants dudes getting healthy and having fresh legs at the right time can be a blessing. Even if Baron isn't ready until after the all star game (which was the worse case scenario originally ). He could definitely help the team in the playoffs (if we make it)

The knicks should really go after JR Smith. Even if just for the playoffs this year it would fix their back court a ton.

Originally Posted by Wargames
    in other news

sucks for the clippers, they'll probably go hard after JR now. Who becomes there starting SG? gomes? lol foye? they need Mo's scoring off the bench it surely wont be him.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    WTF!?

The Knicks are not planning to have Baron Davis before the All-Star break.

Coach Mike DAntoni said Davis has had "a setback" in his rehab from a herniated disc and remains out indefinitely.

There had been hope Davis could make his Knicks debut by the end of January. But it continues to be pushed back and now DAntoni said he doesnt know when to expect him.

I think we had a little bit of a setback, DAntoni said. Its safe to say. I dont know how bad."

D'Antoni said whenever Davis can start practicing he's still "a week to 10 days out when the process restarts."

The Knicks' last game before the All-Star break is Feb. 23.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Just great. the season savior's back is back to bad to worse.
    don't hold your breath.

looks like Hustle Lin gets the nod.

Jeremy Lin named Knicks' starting point guard
    Source: Al Iannazzone on Twitter
    I really just want Baron Davis back so we have a legit PG to backup Lin! haha

I never thought I would say tht Davis should back up Lin but if we had Davis off the bench maning the other guys then we would be great.

If Lin can stay healthy and not get run into the ground by Mike D who over used Duhon and Felton, then we should be fine right now.

I'm excited to see how well Lin can play starting a game with Stat, Melo and Chandler.

Lin played with no Stat and Melo, and Chandler barely played any minutes and he still had 28 points with 8 assists. Unbelievable.

Davis better get back by allstar break or we should cut his old ass.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I really just want Baron Davis back so we have a legit PG to backup Lin! haha

I never thought I would say tht Davis should back up Lin but if we had Davis off the bench maning the other guys then we would be great.

If Lin can stay healthy and not get run into the ground by Mike D who over used Duhon and Felton, then we should be fine right now.
    Hey, 2 PGs > 1 PG -- especially if it means they can split their minutes and stay sane.

Also, terrible news with Chauncey. He was a key player for the Clippers, a great tandem to give Paul more freedom, and overall a guy with a great history. Chauncey has proven he is a tough SOB and I hope he's still got that one championship run left in him.

Originally Posted by th3realicon
    I have a feeling this guy wanted to get paid for doing nothing and thought joining the Knick was the way to go since 2.5 mill thrown out wont really break Dolan's pocket. Smart businessman straight out of Compton.
    my father said that.

Baron came here for the loot.

He better get his fat ass on the court or he will be fighting for a job next year. No one will want a lazy ass injury prone, bum looking guy.