Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Knicks inquire about Johnny Flynn

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Default Knicks inquire about Johnny Flynn

Chris Broussard reporting that Knicks and Lakers asking about the Syracuse product. But nothing imminent as Balkman/Bibby won't cut it.

I like JOhnny Flynn, but I think we need to make a smarter trade. It's funny how Houston want something for somebody it's not playing.

Got me thinking on the Houston roster and maybe a Stat, Douglas and Walker package for Scola, Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic would be worthy of consideration.
    Last edited by portega1968; Feb 06, 2012 at 17:45.

Superstar

No, don't make any huge trades.. Make minor adjustments... Look how much freakin better we were when we have one player who knows how to play the most basic fundamentals of the point guard position. Its not just that we won, we played well because of Lin..

Get Johnny flynn, see how it works out. I bet it makes us 10 times better.

only good things happen when 'Cuse is inda house.

Johnny "you are more than welcome" Flynn

KnicksonLIN.com

Jonny Flynn is a good point guard. I want him(no homo).

I'd take Flynn but not at the expense of Lin. Lin is going to be our starting PG throughout the season. Let's get Douglas the heck outta town, he's garbage. Maybe we can package Jordan & Douglas or something like that. We really have no attractive pieces to make that trade.

I wouldn't trade STAT just a minor trade just do what ever you can to get TD outta NY

Veteran

That would be ironic if the Knicks got Flynn. The Rox cut Lin to keep Flynn. The Rox don't use him, he's been a 1st round bust, do we really need a guy like that.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    That would be ironic if the Knicks got Flynn. The Rox cut Lin to keep Flynn. The Rox don't use him, he's been a 1st round bust, do we really need a guy like that.
    Well, they cut Lin too sign Dalembert... which has turned out alright. Keeping Lin over Flynn was never really in question.

replier

Flyyn is garbage, I just hope your stating this about Flynn b/c of the rumors
    Now that you can see what our offense can do under Lin, this is a better move

Lee Dragic Budinger for Shumpert Fields Douglas Balkman

sign Rasheed Wallace 2.5

much more dangerous team
    2 great pick & roll PG
    3 dangerous shooters
    Stat Chandler Jeffries rolling in & Melo Wallace Jorts rolling out
    Jeffries Chandler Wallace do the dirty work.

against elite perimter scorer Bulls and Heat we play zone defense forcing them shoot from outside.

MDA type of lineup & Minutes

Lin-28 Lee-32 Budinger-32 Stat-28 Chandler-32
    Dragic-20 Walker-16 Novak-16 Jeffries-16 Wallace-20

Bibby Jordan IR BD Jorts Melo-rest til after allstar weekend

replier

I don't like Flyyn

Veteran

Originally Posted by Danilo
    Well, they cut Lin too sign Dalembert... which has turned out alright. Keeping Lin over Flynn was never really in question.
    True, Flynn's 4M contract is guaranteed and Lin's was non guaranteed making him the odd man out. Anyway the Knicks are sure glad Lin was a Rockets salary cap casualty.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Chris Broussard reporting that Knicks and Lakers asking about the Syracuse product. But nothing imminent as Balkman/Bibby won't cut it.

I like JOhnny Flynn, but I think we need to make a smarter trade. It's funny how Houston want something for somebody it's not playing.

Got me thinking on the Houston roster and maybe a Stat, Douglas and Walker package for Scola, Kevin Martin and Goran Dragic would be worthy of consideration.
    LMAO Martin and Scola?

Do you know Martin's salary is 11.5 mil per year and Scola's is 8.5 mil so your dream scenerio isn't great. Since Jeremy Lin is breaking out I would like to see Amare's game step up with a legit PG feeding him.

What I WOULD DO as far as trading for Flynn goes is trading Toney Douglas. He has more value than Balkman and Bibby and we don't need Douglas. Douglas can't run an offense and he needs a differernt coach to have him stop chucking shots and a coach that can make him drive more and act more like a SG. The Rockets can have a good bench with Kyle Lowry and Dragic at PG and Courtney Lee/Douglas in the back court.

Flynn makes 3.4 mil a year for this year and the next year so he is not really worth the money but we can use anyone over Douglas at this point.

We can trade Douglas + Balkman for Flynn and it works out with the salary cap.

Not sure if the Rockets would make this deal but they could use a better shooter and we can use a more legit PG.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    only good things happen when 'Cuse is inda house.
    Heh. I wonder how you'd react to a tandem of Flynn and Melo on court at the same time.

He could be a good backup PG for us, if the price is right pull the trigger.

I guess we can use another point guard. Lin playing 38 min per game is not going to cut it. Trade TD and Balkman straight up for Flynn. Just please....... Get TD the heck out of here! Dude always comes in and ruins our offense, he's clueless on how to run an offense. Btw tbh I don't get why we don't play Bibby.