Utah Jazz @ New York Knicks 2/6 7:30pm

skisloper

Starter
Aw man you got me worried now because your so right, i pray to god Jeremy knows the 3 isnt his specialty and stays true to himself, but sure if he is wide opem he should take it not dribble to the 3 line and shoot like Douglas

Harvard Graduate.....HIGH BBALL IQ....

We got very LUCKY......Hard to Fk'in believe.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Yeah, I'm sure you're going to disappear once D'antoni burns out Lin and continues to commit the same foolish mistakes that his flawed coaching system produces.

so its dantoni's fault that he didnt play line, dantoni's fault he gives lin too much minutes... dantoni's fault lin had turnovers... blah blah blah, blame it on dantoni....lol...i give up, ur an idiot

Toons

is the Bo$$
Aw man you got me worried now because your so right, i pray to god Jeremy knows the 3 isnt his specialty and stays true to himself, but sure if he is wide opem he should take it not dribble to the 3 line and shoot like Douglas

douglas is a SHOOTING GUARD, lin is a POINT GUARD....if you dont know the difference you should quit watching basketball.

clumsy

Rotation player
The problem is D'Antoni played homie fro 45 minutes. 8 To's is a gross number. He's gonna burn him into the ground like Amare last year just to save his job....

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

Seriously how ignorant can you be??

Yes shooting threes is fine. The three ball has it's place, but by and large MDA wants his point guard to drive the ball into the teeth of the D, run pick and roll, draw the D and finish at the rim, or if it's not there kick or find someone cutting to the rim.

That is the essence of what he'd like to see his PG do in this system. Jeremy Lin is doing exactly that.

Stop.

Neither you or Fender know what the hell you're talking about.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
so its dantoni's fault that he didnt play line, dantoni's fault he gives lin too much minutes... dantoni's fault lin had turnovers... blah blah blah, blame it on dantoni....lol...i give up, ur an idiot

But...who else is supposed to play guys, and regulate their mins? Lol, what?

I understand that some of the MDA blame gets to be a bit much...but this post reads like MDA didn't wait until the team was like 7-15 to give his only true PG some spots mins, and you also make it seem like Lin didn't lead the team in mins played the last two games (after having played maybe a combined 30 mins previously)

.....who else makes decisions on who plays? I think that actually would be MDA.

The turnovers argument would be foolish if it were made tho.

clumsy

Rotation player
I actually don't believe that D'Antoni's coaching in the last week made the players better. Just Lin's penetration worked wonders. He's also can make exciting momentum shifting plays which probably hypes up the team to better defense.

D'Antoni isn't getting the credit from me his time should be up shortly regardless.

Toons

is the Bo$$

Yes shooting threes is fine. The three ball has it's place, but by and large MDA wants his point guard to drive the ball into the teeth of the D, run pick and roll, draw the D and finish at the rim, or if it's not there kick or find someone cutting to the rim.

That is the essence of what he'd like to see his PG do in this system. Jeremy Lin is doing exactly that.

Stop.

and thats what nash did in phx.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
douglas is a SHOOTING GUARD, lin is a POINT GUARD....if you dont know the difference you should quit watching basketball.

Exactly.

This epidemic on the forum continues:

WHEN WE WIN IT'S THE PLAYERS.

WHEN WE LOSE IT'S THE COACH.

It's facking crazy.

It was always about us needing a point who could run the offense. I've been saying it since the beginning of the season.

Now we have Lin beasting.. and the same people are creaming in their pants over what they wouldn't acknowledge we truely needed a week ago.

It's ridiculous, frustrating n totally not surprising.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I actually don't believe that D'Antoni's coaching in the last week made the players better. Just Lin's penetration worked wonders. He's also can make exciting momentum shifting plays which probably hypes up the team to better defense.

D'Antoni isn't getting the credit from me his time should be up shortly regardless.

so smarty, he didnt "get better at coaching". He got a better point guard. The ball moved. There was spacing that allowed the pg to penetrate. for example, Imagine Phil Jackson running the triangle offence with thabo sefolosha. the system is inefficient. The triangle works best with a dominant shooting guard. Then imagine our team with a ricky rubio....the system made chris duhon get a nice contract from the magic and even with howard, he has never seen a game with 10 or more assists

BachaCho

Benchwarmer

Stop.

Alright go eat a dic* i was just saying because D antoni usually changes players but we have a diamond in the dirt and Lin can really make a difference

skisloper

Starter
Exactly.

It's facking crazy.

It was always about us needing a point who could run the offense. I've been saying it since the beginning of the season.

Now we have Lin beasting.. and the same people are creaming in thier pants over what they wouldn't acknowledge we truely needed a week ago.

AMEN.........we could win a championship and everyone would still complain....NY menatlity

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Exactly.

It's facking crazy.

Now we have Lin beasting.. and the same people are creaming in thier pants over what they wouldn't acknowledge we truely needed a week ago.

i know we needed a PG all along, shumpert and Douglas are not point guards i know that, but i geniuenly feel that D antoni does make really stupid decisions sometimes.. but so far so good and this 2 game win streak is proof a PG is what we needed, hopefully we can win a few games to get back to .500

knicksin60

Starter

Did you start watching basketball today? The coach is the one who has the power to decide who plays and who doesn't play. D'antoni was a fool for not playing Lin when he first got here and he will even look like a bigger fool if he wears Lin out just like he did to Duhon, Felton and Shumpert.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
and thats what nash did in phx.

............................... right.

Toons we don't always agree, but you're making good sense.

You should post more when we're losing though.. lol. That's fair.

Isayughh and I are like the only ones who'll hang around and defend MDA when the team loses.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
LinSwag.gif

End of discussion. This thread is over, finito. Let's move on.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Did you start watching basketball today? The coach is the one who has the power to decide who plays and who doesn't play. D'antoni was a fool for not playing Lin when he first got here and he will even look like a bigger fool if he wears Lin out just like he did to Duhon, Felton and Shumpert.

The faster we get Baron Davis the better man, but he gets a elbow infection and more back pain... Smh

clumsy

Rotation player
so smarty, he didnt "get better at coaching". He got a better point guard. The ball moved. There was spacing that allowed the pg to penetrate. for example, Imagine Phil Jackson running the triangle offence with thabo sefolosha. the system is inefficient. The triangle works best with a dominant shooting guard. Then imagine our team with a ricky rubio....the system made chris duhon get a nice contract from the magic and even with howard, he has never seen a game with 10 or more assists

I hear what you are saying but i think Jeremy Lin's quote last week in Postgame was telling.

"we took too many outside shots and didn't work inside to get the easy stuff"

To me D'Antoni has more negatives than positives as a head coach. I think he may have lost the team too if it wasn't for Lin.