Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jefferies more than deserving of props for his efforts in the last 2 games.

Nyk Logo Jefferies more than deserving of props for his efforts in the last 2 games.

I don't know the precise number, but against the Jazz tonight Jefferies was responsible for at least 6 Jazz TOs.

We all bash on him for missing layups, but we all knew 5 years ago that he wasn't an offensive player.

Where Jefferies has fashioned his career, on the defensive end, is where he's earned his small pay cheque in the last 2 games.

He's been absolutely pivotal, and deserves a rest for his efforts to say the least.

agreed, he drew something like 6 charges along with his other intangibles, kept saying it could have been an NBA record for charges drawn in a game.

i agree one thing you will never see from jeffries is a lack of effort

Veteran

If MELO did not get hurt I am sure he would have drawn those offensives instead of jeffries

Jefferies played well, but he can only really be offensively productive with a guy like Lin at PG, who gets him the ball when he can score easy buckets.
    Good PG mean everything

yeah I have to admit Jefferies is doing his thing

He did really well. I hate when players Boo him

I was at school and I missed the game, i was angry the whole time i was in class. But Jeffries is that dude....

Jeffries > Stat whore

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

You can't give JJ props because he's been overpaid and underplayed his contract his majority time with us. He OWES us this guys.

Superstar

Good thread. JJ has played his heart out for us as of late.

I was thinking yesterday that I hope he plays the rest of his career with us. He gives it his all, is a nice guy, and wants to be with New York more than anywhere else.

Jeffries offense is still terrible.

And I was shocked to see Mike D back up Jeffries the way he did. Is Mike D in love with Jeffries or what?

I have never seen Mike D back up a player like that before. He def has his favorites.

Jeffries plays good defense, hustles, but can't score if his life depended on it.

So many easy shots Jeffries had from feeds from Lin. Lin should have finished with atleast 12 assists.

The fans Boo Jeffries because he puts up stupid shots and attempts lay ups that get stuffed every game! And Mike was like...."I don't know why everyone boo's him" BECAUSE YOU HAVE HIM PUTTING UP SHOTS!

Mike D is retarded.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Jeffries offense is still terrible.

And I was shocked to see Mike D back up Jeffries the way he did. Is Mike D in love with Jeffries or what?

I have never seen Mike D back up a player like that before. He def has his favorites.

Jeffries plays good defense, hustles, but can't score if his life depended on it.

So many easy shots Jeffries had from feeds from Lin. Lin should have finished with atleast 12 assists.

The fans Boo Jeffries because he puts up stupid shots and attempts lay ups that get stuffed every game! And Mike was like...."I don't know why everyone boo's him" BECAUSE YOU HAVE HIM PUTTING UP SHOTS!

Mike D is retarded.
    I get frustrated with his offense too, but he does things the other players can't do/don't do because they're lazy.

Veteran

Originally Posted by metrocard
    You can't give JJ props because he's been overpaid and underplayed his contract his majority time with us. He OWES us this guys.
    Isiah did give him that ridiculous big ML contract when he left Washignton...that no other team in the league would have given.

I lump Jeffrie's big contract with us right in the mix with the rest of Isiah's reign of terror.

The guy's taking vet min without bitching now. I give him props for that.

He's a decent bench playing big who is pretty versatile with his D, and plays for vet min.

Admittedly, he has deep deep flaws, and he should be situationally used at all times, and never put into a place where he is relied upon to do anything outside his small, yet effective, wheelhouse.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I get frustrated with his offense too, but he does things the other players can't do/don't do because they're lazy.
    Yea but Jeffries is doing his job, which is hustle, rebound and play team defesne. If he didn't do that then he wouldn't get one minutes of playing time...well with MIke D he will play regardless of how bad he plays lol

Jeffries has to stop shooting the basketball.