Jefferies more than deserving of props for his efforts in the last 2 games.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I don't know the precise number, but against the Jazz tonight Jefferies was responsible for at least 6 Jazz TOs.

ap-201202042147784572294.jpg

We all bash on him for missing layups, but we all knew 5 years ago that he wasn't an offensive player.

Where Jefferies has fashioned his career, on the defensive end, is where he's earned his small pay cheque in the last 2 games.

He's been absolutely pivotal, and deserves a rest for his efforts to say the least.

elcol

Rotation player
agreed, he drew something like 6 charges along with his other intangibles, kept saying it could have been an NBA record for charges drawn in a game.

jzero29

Rotation player
Jefferies played well, but he can only really be offensively productive with a guy like Lin at PG, who gets him the ball when he can score easy buckets.
Good PG mean everything

KingCharles34

All Star
I was at school and I missed the game, i was angry the whole time i was in class. But Jeffries is that dude....

Jeffries > Stat whore

metrocard

Legend
You can't give JJ props because he's been overpaid and underplayed his contract his majority time with us. He OWES us this guys.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I was thinking yesterday that I hope he plays the rest of his career with us. He gives it his all, is a nice guy, and wants to be with New York more than anywhere else.

Paul1355

All Star
Jeffries offense is still terrible.

And I was shocked to see Mike D back up Jeffries the way he did. Is Mike D in love with Jeffries or what?

I have never seen Mike D back up a player like that before. He def has his favorites.

Jeffries plays good defense, hustles, but can't score if his life depended on it.

So many easy shots Jeffries had from feeds from Lin. Lin should have finished with atleast 12 assists.

The fans Boo Jeffries because he puts up stupid shots and attempts lay ups that get stuffed every game! And Mike was like...."I don't know why everyone boo's him" BECAUSE YOU HAVE HIM PUTTING UP SHOTS!

Mike D is retarded.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Jeffries offense is still terrible.

And I was shocked to see Mike D back up Jeffries the way he did. Is Mike D in love with Jeffries or what?

I have never seen Mike D back up a player like that before. He def has his favorites.

Jeffries plays good defense, hustles, but can't score if his life depended on it.

So many easy shots Jeffries had from feeds from Lin. Lin should have finished with atleast 12 assists.

The fans Boo Jeffries because he puts up stupid shots and attempts lay ups that get stuffed every game! And Mike was like...."I don't know why everyone boo's him" BECAUSE YOU HAVE HIM PUTTING UP SHOTS!

Mike D is retarded.
I get frustrated with his offense too, but he does things the other players can't do/don't do because they're lazy.

iSaYughh

Starter
You can't give JJ props because he's been overpaid and underplayed his contract his majority time with us. He OWES us this guys.

Isiah did give him that ridiculous big ML contract when he left Washignton...that no other team in the league would have given.

I lump Jeffrie's big contract with us right in the mix with the rest of Isiah's reign of terror.

The guy's taking vet min without bitching now. I give him props for that.

He's a decent bench playing big who is pretty versatile with his D, and plays for vet min.

Admittedly, he has deep deep flaws, and he should be situationally used at all times, and never put into a place where he is relied upon to do anything outside his small, yet effective, wheelhouse.

Paul1355

All Star
I get frustrated with his offense too, but he does things the other players can't do/don't do because they're lazy.

Yea but Jeffries is doing his job, which is hustle, rebound and play team defesne. If he didn't do that then he wouldn't get one minutes of playing time...well with MIke D he will play regardless of how bad he plays lol

Jeffries has to stop shooting the basketball.

iJoe

Rotation player
The Giraffe played well today. As long as he doesn't try to be what he's not, he's a good player for us. Haha I remember the whole arena groaned when he took that jump shot in the 4th quarter and EVERYONE was surprised when it went in.

Guy is a ROLE PLAYER and we need more players who want to be the glue guys that help us win without the spotlight. Best of all.... he's cheap so I'm damn happy he's on our team.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
The Giraffe played well today. As long as he doesn't try to be what he's not, he's a good player for us. Haha I remember the whole arena groaned when he took that jump shot in the 4th quarter and EVERYONE was surprised when it went in.
:teeth:

He's cheap though? I thought he was still on that contract Thomas gave him?

He might not be a talented basketball player, BUT he plays with heart and soul and puts his body on the line - something I wasn't able to say about $100 million man Stoudemire in 18 months......

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
- he's cheap (veteran minimum),
- he's a good defender,
- he creates a little more depth,
- seems his teammates like and respect him,
- he wants to be a Knick.

Nothing against him, I remember when during the media day he answered a couple of questions on a chat and seemed very motivated to prove the fans wrong and become a valuable piece off the bench.