Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jefferies more than deserving of props for his efforts in the last 2 games.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    If MELO did not get hurt I am sure he would have drawn those offensives instead of jeffries

Ha Ha Ha....ha ha ha

Superstar

The Giraffe played well today. As long as he doesn't try to be what he's not, he's a good player for us. Haha I remember the whole arena groaned when he took that jump shot in the 4th quarter and EVERYONE was surprised when it went in.

Guy is a ROLE PLAYER and we need more players who want to be the glue guys that help us win without the spotlight. Best of all.... he's cheap so I'm damn happy he's on our team.

Originally Posted by iJoe
    The Giraffe played well today. As long as he doesn't try to be what he's not, he's a good player for us. Haha I remember the whole arena groaned when he took that jump shot in the 4th quarter and EVERYONE was surprised when it went in.

He's cheap though? I thought he was still on that contract Thomas gave him?

He might not be a talented basketball player, BUT he plays with heart and soul and puts his body on the line - something I wasn't able to say about $100 million man Stoudemire in 18 months......

- he's cheap (veteran minimum),
    - he's a good defender,
    - he creates a little more depth,
    - seems his teammates like and respect him,
    - he wants to be a Knick.

Nothing against him, I remember when during the media day he answered a couple of questions on a chat and seemed very motivated to prove the fans wrong and become a valuable piece off the bench.

If there is one compliment I can give to Jeffries is that the man knows how to stand still...

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    - he's cheap (veteran minimum),
    - he's a good defender,
    - he creates a little more depth,
    - seems his teammates like and respect him,
    - he wants to be a Knick.

Nothing against him, I remember when during the media day he answered a couple of questions on a chat and seemed very motivated to prove the fans wrong and become a valuable piece off the bench.
    like and respect is an understatement. from what i've heard hes one of the best locker room guys in the league. and please dont leave out his never ending hustle.

and he guarded everyone last night....he was on milsap, jefferson, harris, hayward....everyone!! I dont understand you fans at times....the knicks were an offensive powerhouse last year....we said we needed defence, we brought in tyson, brought jeff back in at the vets min....we need jeff and his defense....i was the first and only one to comment on his effectiveness in the game thread.
    13 pts 8 rebs 2 steals 1 block.....cant hate on that at all

Originally Posted by Toons
    and he guarded everyone last night....he was on milsap, jefferson, harris, hayward....everyone!! I dont understand you fans at times....the knicks were an offensive powerhouse last year....we said we needed defence, we brought in tyson, brought jeff back in at the vets min....we need jeff and his defense....i was the first and only one to comment on his effectiveness in the game thread.
    13 pts 8 rebs 2 steals 1 block.....cant hate on that at all
    We don't need players that can only play defense or only play offense. We need well rounded players that can do both.
    Missed layups in the NBA is a big no-no.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Knicks32
    We don't need players that can only play defense or only play offense. We need well rounded players that can do both.
    Missed layups in the NBA is a big no-no.
    I don't agree at all. All the championship level teams have Jeffries like Role Players for defense. He's plays really solid man defense and great team defense, he's a good role player. I just never want to see him handle the rock on offense.

Many great teams also have a player off the bench only use for scoring....

Not every NBA team can be loaded with 2 way players, it's up to the coach to identify what role each player is going to have...

As i told that knicks chick a while back, JJ has his value. I saw he was 2-8 shooting at one point, which is upsetting because why is he shooting 8 times? but then you realize both Amar'e and Melo were out for this game and shots had to come from everyone. When the shot is open, you take it, even if you are a giraffe.

but his defense is great and he is a veteran player, a guy that has taken a lot of licks from us fans and keeps on hustling and improving and contributing to the team. He is a great guy for rookies to look at in terms of attitude. works out all the time, always smiles, puts in major hustle minutes, helps out on and off the court. The guy is a class act, despite his offensive woes (and a certain final play of a playoff game) but i'm willing to look past that as he is clearly providing a defensive boost to the team in all areas aside from the 5.

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by The Garden '95
    i agree one thing you will never see from jeffries is a lack of effort
    nor a lack of blown layups!!!

nonetheless, I appreciate his intangibles and pray he can stay away from blowing it in crunch time

Default Flip floppers

There are times when this site harbors the most bipolar fans in the world. One minute JJ is the absolute worst player in the league and everyone wants him shipped out of NY immediately and the next minute he's a valuable role player that we need. LOLOLOL!!

Make up your minds! Some of you guys only know which way to lean on a game to game basis. Make a decision and stick to it.

With that said, JJ is a defender only and understands what his strengths are. He does a few things well and honestly every team could use a player like that off the bench (esp at 6'11"). We all agree that he should never be relied on to score. The key to coaching JJ is to only use him as a situational player. If no one from the opposing team is giving us any major problems, JJ should get very little minutes and make room for guys who have a broader skill set.

Default Props to the Giraffe

from a Giraffe-hater, I have to give props to Girafferies for his performance
    last night. his defense was outstanding, and if he had any sense of offense,
    HustleLin would've had a dozen dimes. I believe JLin's PG skills are bringing
    out the Giraffe's resurgence, at a time when the Knicks needed their role
    players to step up, Girafferies flopped big time (in a good way).

However, Pringles love for this guy is still unfounded, the minutes he gets
    (when the Knicks aren't missing their star players) is nuts, and I'd still rather
    see Jerry Jordan get at least 10+ minutes instead of Giraffeman.

Smile

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    It's just too wicked!