Small roster moves I'd look to make right now

finestrg

Rotation player
No to getting rid of Walker.
Yes to getting rid of Bibby, Balkman, Douglas.

Please explain your opinion on Walker. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see how we can be content with Walker at backup 2. The situation isn't as alarming now because Fields has been much better of late but even so, I still think we can upgrade backup 2. I'm willing to listen to reason -- maybe I'm not seeing what some of you guys see in Walker...But someone please, make a logical case for the guy..

Somebody explain to me how we wouldn't be better off replacing Walker with either Manny Harris or Mo Almond. I'm even intrigued by 6'7" 215 lb. Mychel Thompson who was just cut by Cleveland recently...Or even Andre Emmett who nobody's talking about. Dude was just named to the NBDL All-Star game to be played Feb. 25th...This guy's just ripping apart the DL, putting up possibly the best season he's had professionally so far (he's played a few years now in Europe/NBDL combined) --- in a little over 36 mins per Emmett's putting up 23.6 ppg on 53.6% from the field (45.9% on 3s), 79% from the line, 5.9 rebs, 3.5 assts, 1.8 steals. Awesome numbers..Crazy efficient..And the thing I like is that he's pushing 30 yrs old. Normally I prefer to see the Knicks target young guys with talent & upside that we can develop and then keep but with Emmett, I've seen him a couple of times this season and he looks like he's ready to help an NBA team right now -- that's a quality we could definitely use... He's a little older & experienced (played well wherever he's been and gotten ample PT btw -- Texas Tech, Lithuania, China, the D-League) and he shouldn't be that overwhelmed with an NBA call-up...I don't get the feeling a place like MSG would be that intiminating for him. Hey I'm not saying Emmett will turn out to be Michael Jordan -- I can't almost 100% guarantee he won't, none of these guys for that matter -- but compared to Walker and how he plays the game, I dunno man, I'd be willing to roll the dice on one of these guys to see if I could get more than just a streaky as hell 3-pt chucker that does little else.

Last edited: