Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small roster moves I'd look to make right now

I would be glad if any of those moves were made. We desperately an upgrade over Walker and TD. Or at least TD...... he sucks balls...

Veteran

Stop dreaming you cannot get anything back for crap......

2 craps together does got u a better player.........does not work this way.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    Whats with the hate for Bibby? All he's done is drained 3s and thats what you need to open the lane for stat to work his pnr magic. Walker and TD i can understand. Balkman almost.
    There is no hate on Bibby, we just think it's incomprehensibe to keep around a guy who's always injured, he's missed 9 games already and he played below expectations in 14 out of 16 games, everyone can shine against Detroit or Washington and except of these two games he was absolutely invisible. Douglas at least tries and even if it doesn't work you see him trying, when Bibby checks in we practically play 4 against 5.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    Whats with the hate for Bibby? All he's done is drained 3s and thats what you need to open the lane for stat to work his pnr magic. Walker and TD i can understand. Balkman almost.
    I don't hate Bibby. Guy's an experienced player. He did great things for the Kings, and surprisingly, great things for the Falcons too.

I just think he's done with being "great". He's having trouble finding the hole as of late and his health isn't improving. If he few away defenders like the threat of Walker does, I'd be suggesting to put him in over Shumpert. At this point, I forget who said it on which thread, Bibby is like Eddie House -- the guy you put on the floor with other perimeter shooters (e.g. Novak and Walker) to keep opponents stretched.

Any change to an existing dynamic is disruptive. Not everyone can mix well with others. (See how the arrival of Baron Davis split the opinions of STAT and Tyson. Not everyone can work out like Victor Cruz did in under a year for the Giants.)

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by pakopako
    I don't hate Bibby. Guy's an experienced player. He did great things for the Kings, and surprisingly, great things for the Falcons too.
    Falcons?

Right now, Bibby couldn't keep up with Deb Sunderman with a flat tire if his life depended on hit. Even if he hits some threes, his PER would be lower than a starfish's IQ.

Originally Posted by portega1968
    Falcons?
    *sigh* Got me there; still in a football state of mind.

I meant the Atlanta Thrashers.

Superstar

Originally Posted by YuvalNYC
    No to getting rid of Walker.
    Yes to getting rid of Bibby, Balkman, Douglas.
    Please explain your opinion on Walker. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't see how we can be content with Walker at backup 2. The situation isn't as alarming now because Fields has been much better of late but even so, I still think we can upgrade backup 2. I'm willing to listen to reason -- maybe I'm not seeing what some of you guys see in Walker...But someone please, make a logical case for the guy..

Somebody explain to me how we wouldn't be better off replacing Walker with either Manny Harris or Mo Almond. I'm even intrigued by 6'7" 215 lb. Mychel Thompson who was just cut by Cleveland recently...Or even Andre Emmett who nobody's talking about. Dude was just named to the NBDL All-Star game to be played Feb. 25th...This guy's just ripping apart the DL, putting up possibly the best season he's had professionally so far (he's played a few years now in Europe/NBDL combined) --- in a little over 36 mins per Emmett's putting up 23.6 ppg on 53.6% from the field (45.9% on 3s), 79% from the line, 5.9 rebs, 3.5 assts, 1.8 steals. Awesome numbers..Crazy efficient..And the thing I like is that he's pushing 30 yrs old. Normally I prefer to see the Knicks target young guys with talent & upside that we can develop and then keep but with Emmett, I've seen him a couple of times this season and he looks like he's ready to help an NBA team right now -- that's a quality we could definitely use... He's a little older & experienced (played well wherever he's been and gotten ample PT btw -- Texas Tech, Lithuania, China, the D-League) and he shouldn't be that overwhelmed with an NBA call-up...I don't get the feeling a place like MSG would be that intiminating for him. Hey I'm not saying Emmett will turn out to be Michael Jordan -- I can't almost 100% guarantee he won't, none of these guys for that matter -- but compared to Walker and how he plays the game, I dunno man, I'd be willing to roll the dice on one of these guys to see if I could get more than just a streaky as hell 3-pt chucker that does little else.
    Last edited by finestrg; Feb 08, 2012 at 19:08.