Rick Fox RETIRES from the nba

nycballa91

Benchwarmer
I just heard that rick fox retired from the nba. I mean he didnt get that much playing time in L.A. but still he was a pretty good player. And this must stink for the celtics because they just got him in a trade and he didnt even play his first game as a celtic. I think he shouldnt have retired so early in in carear. I mean he was past his prime but that doesn't mean that he was bad. i hope he didnt just retire because he was a celtic because that would really annoy me. is everybody that goes to the celtics going to be a crybaby? just like payton :(

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Well think about it, dude is already old, got a family, been living in LA...would you want to move your family to Boston knowing you about to retire soon anyways...he probably thought about his kids and made the decision.

newmove

Rotation player
Well, if it's like you've suggested it is, then damn that was a smart decision. But as to Gary, ghm, he's still a crybaby...

Fox, who was traded in August to the Boston Celtics and had one year left on his contract at $5.1 million, reached an undisclosed financial settlement with the Celtics and announced yesterday he was retiring from basketball because of health problems that have plagued him for more than a year.

"I gave it the effort to get my body back into the condition it needed to be to play at this level," Fox said in remarks reported by the Los Angeles Times. "Age crept up. I thought it was time to go off into the sunset."

Fox, 35, was slowed by foot and thumb injuries last season and, more recently, sustained bulging disks in his neck that also caused back pain, according to The Times.

Fox spent six seasons with the Celtics before signing with the Lakers as a free agent in 1997. He often acted as a go-between for feuding superstars Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant.

His retirement announcement came less than two months after he filed for divorce from actress-singer Vanessa Williams.

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/100104_sp_rick_fox.htm

guess it was too many problems to handle!!!