Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 77

Thread: We Collectively owe D'antoni an Apology

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default We Collectively owe D'antoni an Apology

    In regards to Mike D'Antoni.... For the fans who used him as a scapegoat all because Douglas/Shumpert couldn't run an offense, well, then, those same fans should be doing nothing but praising Mike D'Antoni for the performance of Jeremy Lin. His PG. When D'Anoni has a PG who can run the offense, he's by far... One of the best offensive coaches in the game today.

    This Lin kid is the TRUTH!

    Only thing I will say is that he cannot play Lin for that many mins. every game, and do not let Tony Douglas Sniff the court, let Bibby come in.


  2. #2
    Superstar th3realicon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    573
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    LOL at you for giving D'Antoni credit for Lin's performances. He is the same coach who had Lin rotting on the bench until now. All the kid is doing is all him and Shump/TD sucking big time. Add the fact that Davies keeps getting setbacks and that says it. D'antoni has nothing to do with Lin exploding. And i was perhaps Mike's fiercest supporter up to now. He has run his course.

  3. #3
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    To me Line emergence doesn't excuse some of MDA's terrible decisions, I mean we all knew this team just needed a playmaking PG to play somewhat close to it's potential so we can still blame MDA for taking so long to give the kid a chance.

  4. #4
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Lin is running his offense though. We are actually seeing what D'antonis offense looks like when its ran with a competent PG

  5. #5
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Fans beg for MDA to do thing X.

    MDA does thing X and it has good results.

    Fans complain.

    Welcome to KnicksOnline!

  6. #6
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Fans beg for MDA to do thing X.

    MDA does thing X and it has good results.

    Fans complain.

    Welcome to KnicksOnline!

    This is our forum in a nutshell. It's sad but true.

    We always needed a PG.

    MDA haterz took the oppo to kick the ****e out of him while he and the team was down ====== lame.

  7. #7
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    This is our forum in a nutshell. It's sad but true.

    We always needed a PG.

    MDA haterz took the oppo to kick the ****e out of him while he and the team was down ====== lame.
    Im gonna have to agree for now.
    D'Antoni didnt have a PG to work with for his system to even remotely work.
    Now he has one and the offense is doing good and we've got 2 in a row.

    HOWEVER I think its unexusable that it took this long for him to use someone other than TD and Shumpert on the roster.

    Right now D'Antoni had his job saved by a real PG who can use his system and Im ok with it. I also like the way he yells at everyone lmao

  8. #8
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    This is our forum in a nutshell. It's sad but true.

    We always needed a PG.

    MDA haterz took the oppo to kick the ****e out of him while he and the team was down ====== lame.
    I disagree. We needed a coach to adjust more than we needed a PG...

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    We are 20 games into the season.....Lin did not even start out with us....

    Rotting on the bench ????

    Yes maybe he should have played a few games earlier 2-3 at most BUT come on .........

    I am sure if we got LIN and cut Jerome Jordan to make room instead of LIN everyone would be complaining of why we ketp a D leaguer.....


    Be Happy Dantonio played him.....for whatever reason...

  10. #10
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Thank you soooooo much Mike D'Antoni thank you for running the team into the ground playing Toney Douglas 20+ minutes a game and then litteraly the day before you were supposed to get fired you say "ah what the **** im getting fired may as well have some laughs!" so he finally decides to put the guy in and look at that! He's ****ing awesome! Thank you Mike D'Antoni for being a completelt incompetant mustached douche.

    PEACE

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,674
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Thank you soooooo much Mike D'Antoni thank you for running the team into the ground playing Toney Douglas 20+ minutes a game and then litteraly the day before you were supposed to get fired you say "ah what the **** im getting fired may as well have some laughs!" so he finally decides to put the guy in and look at that! He's ****ing awesome! Thank you Mike D'Antoni for being a completelt incompetant mustached douche.

    PEACE
    Must be Dantonios fault for Melo's right wrist, left wrist, thumb , hip and now groin......Maybe Melo should hit the gym a bit and condition rather then buying those silly fake glasses he wears.....

    KNICKS ARE ALIVE AGAIN

  12. #12
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Must be Dantonios fault for Melo's right wrist, left wrist, thumb , hip and now groin......Maybe Melo should hit the gym a bit and condition rather then buying those silly fake glasses he wears.....

    KNICKS ARE ALIVE AGAIN
    No but this team isnt called the Carmelo Anthony's and Melo isnt the only player on this team.

  13. #13
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I'll pass.

  14. #14
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default


    Lol he said we owe D'antoni an apology because the PG he buried on the bench caught fire inspite D'antoni admitting he played him because "Why Not". Or lets forget the fact D'antoni still wanted TD to be the PG, or that Lin never had a rep with the starters.

    Your trolling Brah.... Your trolling hard

  15. #15
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Once the Knicks go on another losing streak you will see threads like these disappear.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 10, 2011, 12:26
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  4. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 15:11
  5. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 10:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •