Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 77

Thread: We Collectively owe D'antoni an Apology

  1. #16
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,678
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    LOL, one win, and wow, they all come out huh.I'm pretty new here, i'll catch on.
    D'antoni has a lot of supporters who do not live in reality and want to look for anything to jock him about.

  2. #17
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Fans beg for MDA to do thing X.

    MDA does thing X and it has good results.

    Fans complain.

    Welcome to KnicksOnline!

    This is our forum in a nutshell. It's sad but true.

    We always needed a PG.

    MDA haterz took the oppo to kick the ****e out of him while he and the team was down ====== lame.

  3. #18
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    This is our forum in a nutshell. It's sad but true.

    We always needed a PG.

    MDA haterz took the oppo to kick the ****e out of him while he and the team was down ====== lame.
    Im gonna have to agree for now.
    D'Antoni didnt have a PG to work with for his system to even remotely work.
    Now he has one and the offense is doing good and we've got 2 in a row.

    HOWEVER I think its unexusable that it took this long for him to use someone other than TD and Shumpert on the roster.

    Right now D'Antoni had his job saved by a real PG who can use his system and Im ok with it. I also like the way he yells at everyone lmao

  4. #19
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default




    apologize to dumbtoni for what? because he was feeling the pressure and was closer to losing his job then he had ever been so he goes to his last resort play Lin and pray the Harvard student can make something happen? like i said if Toney wasn't playing like **** Lin would still be sitting on the bench. Dumbtoni never wanted to play Lin he didn't do this because he wanted to he did it because he had Nothing else to go to anyone with brains can see that. It just so happens Lin was better then he assumed. The only thing i praise Dumbtoni for is continuing to play LIN at least he's smart enough to do that. I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE TO A COACH WHO APPROVES OF 43 THREE POINT ATTEMPTS
    Last edited by NYk_Reloaded718; Feb 06, 2012 at 23:48.

  5. #20
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Im gonna have to agree for now.
    D'Antoni didnt have a PG to work with for his system to even remotely work.
    Now he has one and the offense is doing good and we've got 2 in a row.

    HOWEVER I think its unexusable that it took this long for him to use someone other than TD and Shumpert on the roster.

    Right now D'Antoni had his job saved by a real PG who can use his system and Im ok with it. I also like the way he yells at everyone lmao

    Check my post from the game thread. It's relevant and makes some gd sense if i may say so:



    When you think about it,(this is rarity around here mind you) it's not as easy to make the call to give Lin big minutes as you think.

    Td is a third year player that's earned the opportunity to start, as we tried at the beginning of the season. He sucked terribly sooooo the next logical option would be your 1st round pick in Shumpert. He's been up and down as most rookies are, but not terrible.

    Then you have Lin who's unproven, unheralded, bounced around a bit in the League so there's a progression that needs to take place, which takes some time. Seems to me that Lin gradually won the confidence of the coaches with his work ethic and improved play in practice. Apparently he was owning all of our guards. But even then, as a coach you don't just throw him in there and give him big minutes. Lin played some against Houston and from there continued to play more minutes n proved that he belongs on the floor. A player has to unequivocally PROVE that.

    No coach is just gonna throw an unproven guy in there w/out exhausting other options and going through a certain process that starts in practice and ends w the player earning it in games w gradually increased minutes based on production. Lin's jumped through all the hoops and now he's where we need him to be. He earned a start and he got it.. There's always an evaluation process taking place.

  6. #21
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default



    Dantoni deserves ****

  7. #22
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Not to take away from Jeremy Lin but

    New Jersey Nets
    Utah Jazz

    but I honestly cant wait for Lin v Wall II

  8. #23
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    Not to take away from Jeremy Lin but

    New Jersey Nets
    Utah Jazz

    but I honestly cant wait for Lin v Wall II
    Well normally i would agree with you but Deron Wiliams on the Nets is a top Five PG and the Jazz have been playing well (at home). Its too early but he is looking like a real deal. And he hasnt had a chance to ppay with the stars for a full game yet that could make it easier for him.

  9. #24
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    Well normally i would agree with you but Deron Wiliams on the Nets is a top Five PG and the Jazz have been playing well (at home). Its too early but he is looking like a real deal. And he hasnt had a chance to ppay with the stars for a full game yet that could make it easier for him.

    Good point.

    The fact that we were without Amare and Melo and Lin still beasted all over Utah is huge for us. He essentially was the focal point and Utah could do nothing w him, was awesome.

  10. #25
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    In regards to Mike D'Antoni.... For the fans who used him as a scapegoat all because Douglas/Shumpert couldn't run an offense, well, then, those same fans should be doing nothing but praising Mike D'Antoni for the performance of Jeremy Lin. His PG. When D'Anoni has a PG who can run the offense, he's by far... One of the best offensive coaches in the game today.

    This Lin kid is the TRUTH!

    Only thing I will say is that he cannot play Lin for that many mins. every game, and do not let Tony Douglas Sniff the court, let Bibby come in.

    Apologize? For what? This is still the same idiot that couldnt adjust to his roster. If the players werent competent enough to run your game plan seems to me like you'd change it just a little to fit their strengths.

    We owe MDA nothing. He's still the worst coach in the NBA hands down.

  11. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    This is hilarious. I'm disgusted by all the people swallowing MDAs nuts right now. Lin basically forced MDA to give him significant minutes. Any remotely decent coach would have had him in a while ago. Lin's situation aside he ran NO PLAYS other than the pnr which didnt even work. MDA has been atrocious this year. It did start looking like we actually had a coach just before Lin started playing but there's still no excuse for the first month of the season.

  12. #27
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by fender0577
    LOL, wow, it's funny how all the antoni supporters come out now.Every one knows we needed a PG, but his(antoni) decision making in close games is horrible, he subs our best players, as soon as the other team goes on a run.He should be gone, just for the fact that he had a competent PG, under his nose the whole time, and refuse to even let him sniff the court.
    Yea, its funny. They were absolutely no where to be found the last 2-3 weeks. Now they want apologies. LOL. Gimme a break...

  13. #28
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    This is our forum in a nutshell. It's sad but true.

    We always needed a PG.

    MDA haterz took the oppo to kick the ****e out of him while he and the team was down ====== lame.
    I disagree. We needed a coach to adjust more than we needed a PG...

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    A competent PG makes D'Antoni's system look different, that much is true.

    But the bigger question is...why did it take D'Antoni so long to realize it? We all realized six games into the season that Toney Douglas was not capable of running the point. Why in the world, then, did it take until we lost 11 of 13 games for D'Antoni to try putting Jeremy Lin in the roster? Never mind the fact that honestly the only reason D'Antoni put him in is probably because there was no way he could run TD or Shump out there in the 3rd game of a back to back to back.

  15. #30
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    570
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Jeremy has been amazing and knows how to run the pick and roll. D'Antoni played him 45 minutes tonight. Got the win, but if he rides this kid like this, he'll break him down.

    Not fair to Jeremy.

    This has been two games -- Let's not forget they lost 8 out of 9 because of the same coach. Still believe we need a new coach to bring out the true potential of this team.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 17:27
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 10, 2011, 13:26
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 11:40
  4. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 16:11
  5. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 11:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •