Utah Jazz

but I honestly cant wait for Lin v Wall II

Wargames

Starter
Not to take away from Jeremy Lin but

New Jersey Nets
Utah Jazz

but I honestly cant wait for Lin v Wall II

Well normally i would agree with you but Deron Wiliams on the Nets is a top Five PG and the Jazz have been playing well (at home). Its too early but he is looking like a real deal. And he hasnt had a chance to ppay with the stars for a full game yet that could make it easier for him.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Well normally i would agree with you but Deron Wiliams on the Nets is a top Five PG and the Jazz have been playing well (at home). Its too early but he is looking like a real deal. And he hasnt had a chance to ppay with the stars for a full game yet that could make it easier for him.

Good point.

The fact that we were without Amare and Melo and Lin still beasted all over Utah is huge for us. He essentially was the focal point and Utah could do nothing w him, was awesome.

In regards to Mike D'Antoni.... For the fans who used him as a scapegoat all because Douglas/Shumpert couldn't run an offense, well, then, those same fans should be doing nothing but praising Mike D'Antoni for the performance of Jeremy Lin. His PG. When D'Anoni has a PG who can run the offense, he's by far... One of the best offensive coaches in the game today.

This Lin kid is the TRUTH!

Only thing I will say is that he cannot play Lin for that many mins. every game, and do not let Tony Douglas Sniff the court, let Bibby come in.

LinSwag.gif

Apologize? For what? This is still the same idiot that couldnt adjust to his roster. If the players werent competent enough to run your game plan seems to me like you'd change it just a little to fit their strengths.

We owe MDA nothing. He's still the worst coach in the NBA hands down.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
This is hilarious. I'm disgusted by all the people swallowing MDAs nuts right now. Lin basically forced MDA to give him significant minutes. Any remotely decent coach would have had him in a while ago. Lin's situation aside he ran NO PLAYS other than the pnr which didnt even work. MDA has been atrocious this year. It did start looking like we actually had a coach just before Lin started playing but there's still no excuse for the first month of the season.

LOL, wow, it's funny how all the antoni supporters come out now.Every one knows we needed a PG, but his(antoni) decision making in close games is horrible, he subs our best players, as soon as the other team goes on a run.He should be gone, just for the fact that he had a competent PG, under his nose the whole time, and refuse to even let him sniff the court.

Yea, its funny. They were absolutely no where to be found the last 2-3 weeks. Now they want apologies. LOL. Gimme a break...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
A competent PG makes D'Antoni's system look different, that much is true.

But the bigger question is...why did it take D'Antoni so long to realize it? We all realized six games into the season that Toney Douglas was not capable of running the point. Why in the world, then, did it take until we lost 11 of 13 games for D'Antoni to try putting Jeremy Lin in the roster? Never mind the fact that honestly the only reason D'Antoni put him in is probably because there was no way he could run TD or Shump out there in the 3rd game of a back to back to back.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
Jeremy has been amazing and knows how to run the pick and roll. D'Antoni played him 45 minutes tonight. Got the win, but if he rides this kid like this, he'll break him down.

Not fair to Jeremy.

This has been two games -- Let's not forget they lost 8 out of 9 because of the same coach. Still believe we need a new coach to bring out the true potential of this team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
We're still 5 games below .500

I have not ever bashed Dantoni...yet I think it is too early to vindicate Dantoni based on two legendary performances from Lin

Let us not forget....had Dantoni had confidence to play Lin in Boston we would be riding a 3 game streak possibly!

platnumn

Benchwarmer
to the poster, just relax man. So quick to get on and off Mike D' we are, but it does not change the basic tenants of why we criticize him. He will never change in some ways.

It was good to see the guy make some actual funnies in the post game interview, you could tell there were good vibes in the locker room tonight.

Paul1355

All Star
In regards to Mike D'Antoni.... For the fans who used him as a scapegoat all because Douglas/Shumpert couldn't run an offense, well, then, those same fans should be doing nothing but praising Mike D'Antoni for the performance of Jeremy Lin. His PG. When D'Anoni has a PG who can run the offense, he's by far... One of the best offensive coaches in the game today.

This Lin kid is the TRUTH!

Only thing I will say is that he cannot play Lin for that many mins. every game, and do not let Tony Douglas Sniff the court, let Bibby come in.

LinSwag.gif

Seriously?

How long were we screaming to play Lin while he sat on the bench and we lost game after game because Mike D stuck to his guns with Douglas and Shumpert running the point?

How long will it take for Douglas to be out of the rotation?

How long will Steve Novak be on the bench when he clearly should have been playing from day 1. 19 points today from 5-7 from 3 point land. No wonder we suck shooting 3's....we are benching the only legit sharp shooter we have.

Mike D is the worst and I'm shocked you want us to apologize to him and give him credit for our recent wins.

Lin has single handedly changed the team. Yes Mike D's system is guard oriented and a PG is required to run it but Mike D never coaches his players to their strengths.

Shumpert ran the offense well untill he stopped driving to the basket. When do you ever see Shumpert play aggressive on offense and drive to the hoop? Maybe his injury made him passive but Shumpert's game is a slasher that dunks on people and he isn't playing his game because our coach doesn't know what talent he has on the bench (Lin/Novak) nor does he know a players strength (Amare in the paint, Shumpert driving, Fields mid range/slasher, etc) Fields is the only on of those 3 that has really start to play to his strength but it took over a year to figure it out. Any other coach would have benched Fields last year for jocking up 3's, its like Mike D lets players learn on their own and do everything on their own. That is not coaching. He is making players coach themselves in a way.

Lin is just a gem that saved Mike D his job.

iSaYughh

Starter
Time to take start taking off the gloves, and tearing down the dogma that's hit KO, and is being passing around like scientific fact, like a bong loaded with oregano.

This will be for the ultimate good of those who can go back to being level headed, clear thinkers on this issue...before that ship totally ends up sinking into abject foolishness and disgrace. :smoking:

Truthfully, only a KO poster having already drank from the kool-aid, could have the balls to front on hating MDA for,

taking a RAW, UNPROVEN point guard...that NOBODY in the league has EVER legitimately talked about or wanted...who was recently DROPPED and not even held onto a team's D league,

who joined us LATE into the season...of 20 games (lol)....

then STARTS....SHORTLY after aforesaid player joins the team...

and BEASTS....

which, idk, maybe is in rhythm with every actual professional basketball analyst knowing MDA's excellent history with PGs,

and which any current NBA fan should see if they remove their blinders,

Hello, Felton

Hello, borderline all-star to lock-HOF PG Steve Nash.

Personally, I can't get too juiced up about this -- as this doesn't suddenly make MDA legit in any way, it's just one example of another obvious slice of reality that affirms his place as a leading NBA coach and basketball mind.

Which is why the second we signed Lin I predicted having a strong feeling he would be quality, because MDA is so good at coaching up players, especially Point Guards, especially PGs who possess prototypical PG-type skills and are smart and hard working.

Lin is an extension of the same insanity so many of you have applied with:

Mozgov
Jorts
Shumpert

Just to name a few.

Please realize, that outside this bubble that has been created here regarding MDA, were saying foolish -- deeply foolish things -- and having them be treated as scientific fact, unquestioned......you would be laughed at.

The success each of those players has had under MDA, is an unquestionable reflection of MDA's excellence at milking the most out of players.

If *ANY* other team had such players have the results these players have had for us, relative to the players' expectations and NBA outlook....the fans would be shitting them ourselves out of happiness, declaring it a virtual miracle.

Please know, this is (another) clear sign of the blinders so many now have on for MDA.

Your arguments and parroted statements, as I have plainly proven in various ways, are simply put: deeply flawed, in critical, proven ways.

In theory, even if MDA was "a horrible coach" -- which any objective mind would bet against, simply by looking at how flawed the arguments of the people against him fundamentally are: 99% of you would have still been saying deeply incorrect things, in coming to your conclusion.

The fact you also said he was a bad coach wouldn't reflect you actually being astute or correct, but simply lucky and on the right side of randomness and whim.

But MDA isn't "a horrible coach". And I have the pleasure of knowing this by being an objective mind and a clear-headed student of the NBA and sports.

:beer:

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Time to take start taking off the gloves, and tearing down the dogma that's hit KO, and is being passing around like scientific fact, like a bong loaded with oregano.

This will be for the ultimate good of those who can go back to being level headed, clear thinkers on this issue...before that ship totally ends up sinking into abject foolishness and disgrace. :smoking:

Truthfully, only a KO poster having already drank from the kool-aid, could have the balls to front on hating MDA for,

taking a RAW, UNPROVEN point guard...that NOBODY in the league has EVER legitimately talked about or wanted...who was recently DROPPED and not even held onto a team's D league,

who joined us LATE into the season...of 20 games (lol)....

then STARTS....SHORTLY after aforesaid player joins the team...

and BEASTS....

which, idk, maybe is in rhythm with every actual professional basketball analyst knowing MDA's excellent history with PGs,

and which any current NBA fan should see if they remove their blinders,

Hello, Felton

Hello, borderline all-star to lock-HOF PG Steve Nash.

Personally, I can't get too juiced up about this -- as this doesn't suddenly make MDA legit in any way, it's just one example of another obvious slice of reality that affirms his place as a leading NBA coach and basketball mind.

Which is why the second we signed Lin I predicted having a strong feeling he would be quality, because MDA is so good at coaching up players, especially Point Guards, especially PGs who possess prototypical PG-type skills and are smart and hard working.

Lin is an extension of the same insanity so many of you have applied with:

Mozgov
Jorts
Shumpert

Just to name a few.

Please realize, that outside this bubble that has been created here regarding MDA, were saying foolish -- deeply foolish things -- and having them be treated as scientific fact, unquestioned......you would be laughed at.

The success each of those players has had under MDA, is an unquestionable reflection of MDA's excellence at milking the most out of players.

If *ANY* other team had such players have the results these players have had for us, relative to the players' expectations and NBA outlook....the fans would be shitting them ourselves out of happiness, declaring it a virtual miracle.

Please know, this is (another) clear sign of the blinders so many now have on for MDA.

Your arguments and parroted statements, as I have plainly proven in various ways, are simply put: deeply flawed, in critical, proven ways.

In theory, even if MDA was "a horrible coach" -- which any objective mind would bet against, simply by looking at how flawed the arguments of the people against him fundamentally are: 99% of you would have still been saying deeply incorrect things, in coming to your conclusion.

The fact you also said he was a bad coach wouldn't reflect you actually being astute or correct, but simply lucky and on the right side of randomness and whim.

But MDA isn't "a horrible coach". And I have the pleasure of knowing this by being an objective mind and a clear-headed student of the NBA and sports.

:beer:

If we lost to the Nets, Mike D would have been booed out of the stadium.

Mike D came here with a crappy roster, i get it. But then his teams got better every year. With Amare in MVP form, Felton, Gallo, Wilson Chandler...we only finished 2 games above .500 and got swept by a Boston team that was beatable. I know we had injuries in the series. But Mike D did some questionable things. Refusing to bench Landry Fields who was a killer for us and destroyed momentum every game after the Melo trade.

How many times did Wilson Chandler post up to the basket? Rarely. How many times did Gallo drive to the hoop or post up, rarely and it took him years to begin to do so. Gallo and Chandler just kept jocking shots from 3 point land until they realized it wasn't = wins so they began to play their game.

When will Toney Douglas and Shumpert stop jacking up shots and drive to the basket?

When will Jeffries stop shooting the basketball?

When will Mike D yell at Melo and Amare for ridiculously stupid turnovers and jocking up shots that they do which ruins scoring runs?

You ever see Mike D get on his star players? Never. He is a bad coach.

Steve Nash was a two time MVP, and ran Mike D's offense. And they NEVER went to the championship, even with a top 6th man in Leandro Barbosa, all tar Shawn Marion, outiside shooter Boris Diaw, all star Amare...he still couldn't do it.

As soon as Mike D left, the Suns beat the Spurs in the playoffs and advanced farther with Alven Gentry and basically the same lineup than they did with Mike D.

Do you remember what Amare said while being a member of the Suns when Mike D left?

Amare said that Mike D never really taught defense.

Mike D is so bad at coaching defense that they had to bring in Mike Woodson. The defense has improved but you still see ridiculous switiching that destroyed us game after game, thank god for Tyson Chandler or our record would be terrible.

Mike D doesn't hold star players accountable, doesn't coach to a player's strength. Benched players for mmany games when they should have played. How long was Douglas benched while Chris Duhon was losing game after game turning the ball over? Douglas was benched half the season.

Maybe your memoy isn't so good my friend. But watching every Knick game since Mike D has been here, I see consistency and patterns I don't like.

Mike D was despereate and went with Jeremy Lin. Lin played well before Mike D actually started playing him big minutes. every time Lin was in he put up assists and scored while he continued to play Douglas who did nothing on offense.

Mike D is a horrible coach. He is getting paid 6 million dollars a year. Point guard or not, he went 8-15 with Melo and Amare. Having Melo shoot barely over 40% and Amare going from 25 ppg to 18, because the players basically have to figure things out themselves. Mike D doesn't coach so well so it take a LONG time for players to adjust and change up their game. How long did it take Duhon to play aggressive and draw fouls?

Please bro I can go on and on and on and on....

Mike D needs to be fired with Lin or no Lin.

Do you trust Mike D in a playoff series?

I don't.

I'll eat crow when we make a deep run in the playoffs. If that ever happens.

No excuses, this was the year when we were suppose to be a top team in the East. Only bad coaching could allow this record. Thank God for Lin, without Lin we would be absolutely dreadful.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
MDA is an abhorrent coach because he can't adjust to the lineup he has. He is a one trick pony. Perhaps Lin can help run this offence, but let's not forget that Lin has been largely un-scouted at this point, and defenses will adjust to him.

The question becomes, can MDA adjust when that happens -- the answer to that, judging by past circumstances, is unequivocally "no." The man is consistently out-coached. Look at the Boston game.

My friend put it best: "One man is writing plays with a pen and the other is using crayon."

We deserve a better coach than MDA.

Kiyaman

Legend
I will apologize after Dantoni is FIRED...

apologize to dumbtoni for what? because he was feeling the pressure and was closer to losing his job then he had ever been so he goes to his last resort play Lin and pray the Harvard student can make something happen? like i said if Toney wasn't playing like shit Lin would still be sitting on the bench. Dumbtoni never wanted to play Lin he didn't do this because he wanted to he did it because he had Nothing else to go to anyone with brains can see that. It just so happens Lin was better then he assumed. The only thing i praise Dumbtoni for is continuing to play LIN at least he's smart enough to do that. I WILL NEVER APOLOGIZE TO A COACH WHO APPROVES OF 43 THREE POINT ATTEMPTS

:agreed: Wow, that's not just an opinion that's a FACT! :agreed:

Well, this thread prove we still have some blind-Dantoni-Fans in denial.
Its all good....they are only 20% of the members in all the Knicks-Forums.

u have to like "Jeremy Lins" quick-pass on a speedy low dribble....but u also
have to like the fact of our bigmen (Tyson & Jefferies) stop the wide-
peremeter-offense to start screening & picking off Lins defender for a lot of
pick n roll plays the last two games.

I like the win over the Utah Jazz because the Jazz has won all their
games from their defense leading their offense. And these hungry Knicks
(young-players) beat the Jazz at their own game.
Lin made the Jazz work-hard on defense....while Tyson/Jefferies/Fields/
and Shump made it hard for the Jazz to score in their offense.

Kiyaman

Legend
to the poster, just relax man. So quick to get on and off Mike D' we are, but it does not change the basic tenants of why we criticize him. He will never change in some ways.

It was good to see the guy make some actual funnies in the post game interview, you could tell there were good vibes in the locker room tonight.

Yeah....maybe the team will have a full practice together now

CA7

Scoring Champ

honestly I dont wanna get my hopes up, let me put it this way

every team has been playing jam packed games, Lin barely plays so he got his legs and has more energy than opposing players, not saying thats why he's playing this well but the point is I want a guy who do what he's doing for 7 games vs the Heat, Bulls, Clippers, and Thunder. Lin would be my choice for back up PG though but I really think we need a true starting PG, give Lin 15minutes a night to what he does and I bet our second unit maintains leads our 1st unit can give us.

So please lets not get our hopes up lets let things play out

iJoe

Rotation player
“It’s fun, you can actually draw a play up and (say), this might work,” D’Antoni said. “So it was good.”

I'm not sure whether I'm happy we actually have a PG or mad that D'Antoni can't seem to run a team without a PG. His system seems TOTALLY dependent on having a good PG..... which is great when you actually have a good PG, but absolutely terrible without.... Honestly the best thing I can think about D'Antoni? The fact that players WANT to play for him. We recruit players who want to play in his system and everyone seems to love it. We would have a harder time luring free agents without D'Antoni.

I'm sure Rick Adelman could have had us winning early in the season with his beautiful system. Heck... he had the NBA's 2nd longest winning streak in '08 with freakin Rafer Alston at PG and no stars on his squad. I cried when the Wolves got him.

Conclusion is D'Antoni's a great coach when he has the right pieces... but he can't adapt his gameplan without a solid PG. So he's a good, but not great coach. I give him a solid B.

D'Antoni is thanking the basketball gods for Jeremy Lin right now for saving his job..... I'm just worried he's gonna ride him to death.... or as he would say....

“I’m riding him like freakin’ Secretariat,” D’Antoni said.

Last edited: