Can the Knicks REALLY get ANYTHING for Bibby and Balkman?!

With teams now doubling Lin....having Balkman in the game with him running the basket at all times would be great. With Balkman's athleticism coupled by his lack of shot (no one is gonna guard him), i see a lot of easy dunks for him.
Exactly! But Mike D'Assholio only plays players who are in his rotation and doesnt play anyone else. Its disgusting that Douglas gets more minutes then Balkman.

skisloper

Starter
Exactly! But Mike D'Assholio only plays players who are in his rotation and doesnt play anyone else. Its disgusting that Douglas gets more minutes then Balkman.

Lin was not in his rotation,,,,,either was Novak.....
Lets play everyone , every game that would simply be brilliant....

here we go again .................

nyk_nyk

All Star
Lin was not in his rotation,,,,,either was Novak.....
Lets play everyone , every game that would simply be brilliant....

here we go again .................

You can play everyone, every game if the situation calls for it. It's called coaching on the fly.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Best thing the Knicks can do is give Jerome Jordan and Balkman a chance.
I'd like to see that. I don't know about Balkman other than that one explosive game he had a few weeks back and Jordan hasn't been getting enough consecutive MPG to see any difference he makes.

The only way the Knicks are going to win games now is through defense. I know the Knicks aren't known for defense, but it is going to look look better the next two weeks.
Totally agree with your assessment of the team. Walker also rotates quickly, so he can get in people's faces. Douglas isn't bad at staying in front of people either, so he works when filling in too.

A lot of this leads up to "Chandler at one end, Chandler at the other" though. Either a rebound or a block, pass to a guard, and then a pass inside or alley-oop for a score. We could use more proficient rebounders (STAT, Jeffries, Jordan, et al.)

With Lin on the floor, the Knick players are getting more comfortable in their roles and are more aggressive with their defense; the speed and hustle guys like Jeffries show is pretty awesome. Thankfully when Jeremy and Iman take the floor, we have a two-pronged offense; both can stymie opposing teams with penetration ability (because Douglas and Fields can't, 'Melo's always been too hurt to finish).

But Chandler needs help offensively, especially on teams with a legit big man or two of their own. Because Jefferies is mainly a defender, Jordan is an unknown, and Douglas isn't being used (dude still has a good mid-ranger), how IS Balkman able to handle the 4-position?

You can play everyone, every game if the situation calls for it. It's called coaching on the fly.
Yeah you have a bench for a reason and its not just to pay guys to sit on it and watch some old jagaloon scream "lets go lets GO!" at nothing. Balkman should be getting at least 5 minutes a night when this team is completely healthy, Novak should be getting at least 15.

12:00-7-6:00 minutes of the first quarter should be

Lin
Fields
Melo
Amare
Tyson

7-6:00 to 3-2:00 minutes it should be

Lin
Shumpert
Melo
Balkman
Tyson

3:00 to the end of the first should be

Bibby
Douglas
Melo
Novak
Jordan

and start the 2nd with

PG Lin
SG Fields
SF Novak
PF Balkman
C Amare

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Trade options

I agree with keeping Jordan and Balkman, but would want to use them more. I am not sure how to force D'Antoni to do this, however, since he still thinks he is a genius.

I would trade them for someone of the Reggie Evans mold or any backup center that D'Antoni would actually use, but not for a point guard.

I would look to trade Douglas and Walker for Sessions or some other decent point guard and/or draft picks.

Bibby would be expendable if we get back a point guard as good as Sessions or better and/or if the draft picks are not lottery protected.