Chauncey Billups might be done

finestrg

Rotation player
Man that sucks...I wish him the best. Was he still starting at SG for them? Watch them get JR Smith now...

skisloper

Starter
GALLO could be out for the season as well...chipped bone.

Strange phenomenon happening.....

Old Knicks getting injured as LIN emerges

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
Good thing we waived Billups otherwise we would of relied on a old man to carry us, imagine having Billups and everything was all good but then he get injured... Then we'd have to rely on Douglas or Shumpert LOl

petescud

Starter
what a day for injuries (Melo, Gallo, Billups, Rose?) . well, we'll see life without Melo for a few weeks. Thank God Lin is coming up huge for us (The Giraffe was also big yesterday)...I'd die if we become a .500 team by the time Melo comes back. I think Amar'e misses a 3 more games. RIP Hazel

Paul1355

All Star
If its a tear or anything significant, at his age it might mean the end of his career. Achilles injuries are NO JOKE.

this is one reason why I wasn't heart broken over cutting him.

He was injury prone last year and we needed him while he always got hurt.

Tyson was a great move and worth more than Billups, and he is durable.

Kiyaman

Legend
Man that sucks...I wish him the best. Was he still starting at SG for them? Watch them get JR Smith now...

The Clippers back to back to back games were wearing Billups down,
Im hoping its just a swellin sprain....if the Clippers do sign JR Smith or
Arron Brooks....their backcourt for the postseason will be unstoppable.

CP3
Billups
Mo
JRSmith or Brooks

portega1968

El Cacique
The Clippers back to back to back games were wearing Billups down,
Im hoping its just a swellin sprain....if the Clippers do sign JR Smith or
Arron Brooks....their backcourt for the postseason will be unstoppable.

CP3
Billups
Mo
JRSmith or Brooks

Brooks and Wilson Chandler wont be able to sign with other teams because they are restricted free agents and their teams (Phoenix and Denver) will definitely match any other offers... especially Brooks who will not cost Phoenix much

But that backcourt sure is pretty tough if JR sign with the Clips

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Suck for the clippers, they were my second favorite team to watch after the Knicks.

I was one of the few who were against the amnesty of billups, i felt we needed a vet PG to keep our stars in order. But i dont hold back when im wrong so i do admit i was wrong Amnestying billups and signing chandler turned out to be better for the team in the long run.

As much as i dislike billups chucking, you never want to hear about a injury that can shatter a players career i hope he's able to recover.

smokes

Huge Member
Chauncey out for the season.. Chandler acquisition is looking to be a win for us

Indeed although its unlikely they had any idea at the time if he was breaking down or not, we probably would have amnestied him regardless given a season-ending injury (and not had Tyson Chandler out of it).

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Damn shame.

He was fragile to say the least in his brief tenure as a Knickerbocker.

I still wish we'd proposed a vet minimum/mini MLE, or what have you, to him to carry this team ~ as opposed to stupidly believing that we could lure CP3 here with Billups expiring as the main piece.
facepalm2.gif

Can't say I'm glad he was injured, but having Chandler is all the sweeter now.

Still, extending Billups and then amnestying him was a dipshit's move.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Its actually confirmed he's out for the season. Best of luck to him. Look for the clippers to make a strong push for JR

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218867/MRI_Confirms_Torn_Achilles_For_Billups

Chauncey Billups suffered a torn left Achilles tendon in last night?s 107-102 Clippers? win in Orlando. The injury, which occurred with 5:48 remaining in the fourth quarter, will sideline Billups for the remainder of the 2011-12 NBA season.
Billups underwent an MRI today at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio which confirmed the injury.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/218867/MRI_Confirms_Torn_Achilles_For_Billups#ixzz1lkhajQKo

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
as this season winds down have to really worry about some of the older players (cough cough stat) these 4 game in 6 night ...or 5 gm 7 nites is going to be tough on even a 23 year old player

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Chauncey Billups suffered a torn left Achilles tendon...
Billups underwent an MRI today at the Cleveland Clinic in Cleveland, Ohio which confirmed the injury.
Man, that sucks. I mean it. That man was helping the Clippers surge as the NUMBER ONE Western team.

I hope the Clips manage to make it into the post season and CB recovers to be a part of it. (Go out on top and all that.)