Carmelo sidelined 1-2 weeks

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
our next 6 games are fairly winnable with or without carmelo&stat (minus the lakers game) we should be able to win 3 out of 6 of these games, if we continue to play like we did against the jazz we should win 5 out of 6 of the games. It all comes down to having the confidence, playing defense and moving the ball around.

I hope MDA does not burn Lin out. Walker/Novak/jeffries stepped up last night big for us. Shump grabbed some rebs for us, now if we can get dougie back focused we'll be rolling.

We could easily beat the Lakers... Stat will possibly be back by Friday so

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Look for us to turn this season around. With the allstar break coming up I think we have 5 days off, I would assume Melo would remove himself from the game too take some time off to rest. If so, that will prove to benificial in the long run. Today on ESPN they showed the injuries to the top 50 players in the last 3 weeks and its crazy.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This is horrible timing, IMO.

Jefferies will wear down in a hurry from too much PT and we need him.

How many more nights can we have Shumpert guarding the likes of Derrick Favors?

We need STAT back ASAP to form some continuity with Lin.

This team can't afford 2 weeks of being undermanned.

Regardless of our woeful record, we still are a wildcard to do well in the postseason of our players are healthy.

Melo's been made of glass this year.

lol

Derrick Rose
Chris Paul
Lin???? haha

is-this-real-life.jpg

LOL yeah I dont think Lin is top 5 just about yet. We have a talented young, smart, athletic PG that we got for nothing. Seriously the chances of this happening are the same as sticking your hand up an elephants ass, pulling something out, and saying "Well hey look what we found! A bag stuffed with 100 dollar bills and Babe Ruth and Michael Jordan rookie cards in mint condition!". Melo will probably back in a week and a half, and in the time being we can have Amare and Lin to work on the P&R and the team can get its chemistry going before we insert our superstar into the mix.

This is a good thing guys, not because Melo is gone and hes ruining the team because anyone who says that is retarded, but so we can work on just the basics of basketball and work without the security blanket of "DUH GIVE IT TO MELO OMG". and when he comes back, we'll have chemistry and plays and the P&R will work. All he'll have to worry about is being himself. this is perfect.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Crazy⑧s;203511 said:
This is horrible timing, IMO.

Jefferies will wear down in a hurry from too much PT and we need him.

How many more nights can we have Shumpert guarding the likes of Derrick Favors?

We need STAT back ASAP to form some continuity with Lin.

This team can't afford 2 weeks of being undermanned.

Regardless of our woeful record, we still are a wildcard to do well in the postseason of our players are healthy.

Melo's been made of glass this year.

I agree that Melo is made out of "glass" this year. Kind of wierd with him because he has avoided the injury bug most of his career. STAT/Tyson can potentially be the new lob city with Lin. As far as 2 weeks undermanned it isnt as bad as people think. Here is our record until the allstar break:

Wizards
Lakers
Wolves
Rapters
Kings
Hornets
Nets
Hawks
Heat

And than 5 days off for allstar

CA7

Scoring Champ
yeah Melo just cant a break, I've never seen that with him.

but I'd rather him heal up because he's playing like shit compared to the player I know.

I'm holding my breathe with Lin, still needs a better jumper, hopefully we bring in JR Smith to add some scoring, he's a great 3rd option on O

KingCharles34

All Star
We have the third best PG in the league and the second best center in the league. We'll be more than fine.

I agree with this powerful statement, Lin will soon be the best PG in my opinion. Lol at people panicking :lol:

We also have a top 5 shooting guard with Shump, hes quickly moving up the list. Fields has been ballin too

Honestly, what shooting guards are better then Shumpert? Wade, Kobe, Ellis...thats about it. Ginobili and Jesus Shuttlesworth are still good, but Imans youth and defense makes him superior to them.

Kiyaman

Legend
whoa my dude your gettin carried away your saying
Lin-Shumpert-Fields-Jeffries-Chandler can compete for an NBA Championship.....please tell me you're trollin, you gotta be trollin

Since Dec. 9th the Knicks organization showed no signs of competing for a
championship....Melo & Stat did not take a pay cut, and we dont have a
strategic headcoach to win the Atlantic division. The truth is not trollin

Sprewell....made a very good point....a certain coach has not been playing
enough players to fit into this rugged 66 game schedule....this certain coach
has to be force by injuries to give bench players playingtime.
Our offense & defense become stagnant when Melo or Stat is on the court,
plus Melo & Stat havnt showed an inch of leadership or showed a sweat-drop
of effort on defense in 25 games.
Losing 9 out of 10 games with Melo & Stat were horrible
Losing without Melo & Stat makes us an underdog........

We have a few bench-players in need of playingtime to show they are worth
a contract next season.
Real Talk....I was getting tired of the Melo & Stat iso plays when all our so
call bum PG could get an alleyoop to Chandler all game long.
Who should be playing around the paint on offense? Stat or Chandler
Who should be defending the paint on defense? Chandler or Stat

In the 25 games played I never seen Melo, Stat, or Chandler come to the foul
line to pick or screen for TD, Bibby, or Shump when they had the ball playing
the point.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
Since Dec. 9th the Knicks organization showed no signs of competing for a
championship....Melo & Stat did not take a pay cut, and we dont have a
strategic headcoach to win the Atlantic division. The truth is not trollin

Sprewell....made a very good point....a certain coach has not been playing
enough players to fit into this rugged 66 game schedule....this certain coach
has to be force by injuries to give bench players playingtime.
Our offense & defense become stagnant when Melo or Stat is on the court,
plus Melo & Stat havnt showed an inch of leadership or showed a sweat-drop
of effort on defense in 25 games.
Losing 9 out of 10 games with Melo & Stat were horrible
Losing without Melo & Stat makes us an underdog........

We have a few bench-players in need of playingtime to show they are worth
a contract next season.
Real Talk....I was getting tired of the Melo & Stat iso plays when all our so
call bum PG could get an alleyoop to Chandler all game long.

In the 25 games played I never seen Melo, Stat, or Chandler come to the foul
line to pick or screen for TD, Bibby, or Shump when they had the ball playing
the point

if you watch lin play (a pure point guard play) you will see him commanding the pick thats what we need in a point guard. shooting guards such as shump and td will just look to shoot.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
This is a blessing in disguise when STAT gets back mostly he should have around a week and a half to be the main option again and get some chemistry on the P&R with Lin. Let's just hope Amare recovers enough from his brothers death soon.

And then like most ppl have stated it gives the role players a chance to step up and build their confidence, while allowing Melo to heal up properly from all his injuries.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Real Talk....I was getting tired of the Melo & Stat iso plays when all our so-call bum PG could get an alleyoop to Chandler all game long.
I never understood an Isolation play.

I understand how it works in theory, but considering the caliber of teams today, as soon as opposing teams see 4 of your teammates swing to the side, they know to collapse someone to trap you. If the opponent is smart, they'll still be between you and your team, preventing a pass and forcing you to abandon the play. But with 'Melo, he is usually dead-set in completing the Iso, usually putting up a difficult forced shot and not even getting fouled in the process.

Alley-oops though? (To any of your bigs.) Awesome.

Also -- "real talk" -- isn't that still McCool's schtick?