Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carmelo sidelined 1-2 weeks

our next 6 games are fairly winnable with or without carmelo&stat (minus the lakers game) we should be able to win 3 out of 6 of these games, if we continue to play like we did against the jazz we should win 5 out of 6 of the games. It all comes down to having the confidence, playing defense and moving the ball around.

I hope MDA does not burn Lin out. Walker/Novak/jeffries stepped up last night big for us. Shump grabbed some rebs for us, now if we can get dougie back focused we'll be rolling.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

The Knicks struggle won't end any time soon with Melo sidelined, Baron looking doubtful for the season, and who knows how Amare will be mentally. The only way the Knicks are going to win games now is through defense. I know the Knicks aren't known for defense, but it is going to look look better the next two weeks.

J Lin - quick, stay in front of guys, talks on defense
    Fields - quick hands, stealing a lot lately
    Walker - getting better on D, only a fill in
    Jeffries - always liked his defense, pokes ball loose, draws charges
    Chandler - He is Tyson Chandler

Iman - top 3 in steals, and keeps guards uncomfortable

Defense will be the offense, and with an actual point guard who keeps his head up making great passes, could be enough to win games. Players need to step up and make the negative into a positive, time prove their game. Same goes for STAT, it terrible what happened, hope he keeps his head up and plays harder for his brother. Make the negative a motivation.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    melo obviously doesnt draw enough attention from defenses for mda's genius and perfect system to work. and wtf is with all this working to get off a good shot? those are precious seconds that could be used seeing the offense after picking up a dribble and getting trapped. SMH he needs to shoot quicker and from farther out.
    LOL

I do agree that Melo shooting from further out with a little less defense on him will prob. give him the same shooting percentage...

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

Originally Posted by serendipity10
    The Knicks struggle won't end any time soon with Melo sidelined, Baron looking doubtful for the season, and who knows how Amare will be mentally. The only way the Knicks are going to win games now is through defense. I know the Knicks aren't known for defense, but it is going to look look better the next two weeks.

J Lin - quick, stay in front of guys, talks on defense
    Fields - quick hands, stealing a lot lately
    Walker - getting better on D, only a fill in
    Jeffries - always liked his defense, pokes ball loose, draws charges
    Chandler - He is Tyson Chandler

Iman - top 3 in steals, and keeps guards uncomfortable

Defense will be the offense, and with an actual point guard who keeps his head up making great passes, could be enough to win games. Players need to step up and make the negative into a positive, time prove their game. Same goes for STAT, it terrible what happened, hope he keeps his head up and plays harder for his brother. Make the negative a motivation.
    You copy/pasted this same post in like 4 threads!!!

We have the third best PG in the league and the second best center in the league. We'll be more than fine.

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    our next 6 games are fairly winnable with or without carmelo&stat (minus the lakers game) we should be able to win 3 out of 6 of these games, if we continue to play like we did against the jazz we should win 5 out of 6 of the games. It all comes down to having the confidence, playing defense and moving the ball around.

I hope MDA does not burn Lin out. Walker/Novak/jeffries stepped up last night big for us. Shump grabbed some rebs for us, now if we can get dougie back focused we'll be rolling.
    We could easily beat the Lakers... Stat will possibly be back by Friday so

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    We have the third best PG in the league and the second best center in the league. We'll be more than fine.
    lol

Derrick Rose
    Chris Paul
    Lin???? haha

Look for us to turn this season around. With the allstar break coming up I think we have 5 days off, I would assume Melo would remove himself from the game too take some time off to rest. If so, that will prove to benificial in the long run. Today on ESPN they showed the injuries to the top 50 players in the last 3 weeks and its crazy.

This is horrible timing, IMO.

Jefferies will wear down in a hurry from too much PT and we need him.

How many more nights can we have Shumpert guarding the likes of Derrick Favors?

We need STAT back ASAP to form some continuity with Lin.

This team can't afford 2 weeks of being undermanned.

Regardless of our woeful record, we still are a wildcard to do well in the postseason of our players are healthy.

Melo's been made of glass this year.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    lol

Derrick Rose
    Chris Paul
    Lin???? haha

LOL yeah I dont think Lin is top 5 just about yet. We have a talented young, smart, athletic PG that we got for nothing. Seriously the chances of this happening are the same as sticking your hand up an elephants ass, pulling something out, and saying "Well hey look what we found! A bag stuffed with 100 dollar bills and Babe Ruth and Michael Jordan rookie cards in mint condition!". Melo will probably back in a week and a half, and in the time being we can have Amare and Lin to work on the P&R and the team can get its chemistry going before we insert our superstar into the mix.

This is a good thing guys, not because Melo is gone and hes ruining the team because anyone who says that is retarded, but so we can work on just the basics of basketball and work without the security blanket of "DUH GIVE IT TO MELO OMG". and when he comes back, we'll have chemistry and plays and the P&R will work. All he'll have to worry about is being himself. this is perfect.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    This is horrible timing, IMO.

Jefferies will wear down in a hurry from too much PT and we need him.

How many more nights can we have Shumpert guarding the likes of Derrick Favors?

We need STAT back ASAP to form some continuity with Lin.

This team can't afford 2 weeks of being undermanned.

Regardless of our woeful record, we still are a wildcard to do well in the postseason of our players are healthy.

Melo's been made of glass this year.
    I agree that Melo is made out of "glass" this year. Kind of wierd with him because he has avoided the injury bug most of his career. STAT/Tyson can potentially be the new lob city with Lin. As far as 2 weeks undermanned it isnt as bad as people think. Here is our record until the allstar break:

Wizards
    Lakers
    Wolves
    Rapters
    Kings
    Hornets
    Nets
    Hawks
    Heat

And than 5 days off for allstar

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

Originally Posted by portega1968
    You copy/pasted this same post in like 4 threads!!!
    LOL!!! you've noticed. Wanted to see if someone would notice that. All of the threads I replied to, I had the same thought. Will be the last time I copy and paste. Very nice Portega.

yeah Melo just cant a break, I've never seen that with him.

but I'd rather him heal up because he's playing like **** compared to the player I know.

I'm holding my breathe with Lin, still needs a better jumper, hopefully we bring in JR Smith to add some scoring, he's a great 3rd option on O

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I agree with this powerful statement, Lin will soon be the best PG in my opinion. Lol at people panicking

We also have a top 5 shooting guard with Shump, hes quickly moving up the list. Fields has been ballin too

Honestly, what shooting guards are better then Shumpert? Wade, Kobe, Ellis...thats about it. Ginobili and Jesus Shuttlesworth are still good, but Imans youth and defense makes him superior to them.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CA7
    whoa my dude your gettin carried away your saying
    Lin-Shumpert-Fields-Jeffries-Chandler can compete for an NBA Championship.....please tell me you're trollin, you gotta be trollin
    Since Dec. 9th the Knicks organization showed no signs of competing for a
    championship....Melo & Stat did not take a pay cut, and we dont have a
    strategic headcoach to win the Atlantic division. The truth is not trollin

Sprewell....made a very good point....a certain coach has not been playing
    enough players to fit into this rugged 66 game schedule....this certain coach
    has to be force by injuries to give bench players playingtime.
    Our offense & defense become stagnant when Melo or Stat is on the court,
    plus Melo & Stat havnt showed an inch of leadership or showed a sweat-drop
    of effort on defense in 25 games.
    Losing 9 out of 10 games with Melo & Stat were horrible
    Losing without Melo & Stat makes us an underdog........

We have a few bench-players in need of playingtime to show they are worth
    a contract next season.
    Real Talk....I was getting tired of the Melo & Stat iso plays when all our so
    call bum PG could get an alleyoop to Chandler all game long.
    Who should be playing around the paint on offense? Stat or Chandler
    Who should be defending the paint on defense? Chandler or Stat

In the 25 games played I never seen Melo, Stat, or Chandler come to the foul
    line to pick or screen for TD, Bibby, or Shump when they had the ball playing
    the point.