image.jpg

F U C K LeBitch while we at it!

jordan-lebron-airball-miss.gif

Every one is over reacting

this forum is awesome

always has been

if some one wants to duplicate an appreciation thread, then let them do it,
if some one curses as long as it is not demonstrative let them do it

if some one attacks a poster; then I would have to assume the initial poster said something dumb and worth being attacked lol

grown man stuff here

relax

stop with the sorority nonsense

and post away

Hear, hear. I agree with the big boy britches way of handling things.

A post is duplicated. Dont read.

Someone attacks you, handle it like you normal life. Flight or fight.

Someone curses? So what. Everyone on here has heard worse I'm sure.

Really I think some of the old time members should be Mods people like Kiyaman,Cray8s,Metrocard to help Rady clean up the forum
We should also put a post cap before you can make a thread because its mostly new members making trade ideas

Sage

Rotation player
Do we have much in the way of mods on the forum? There's a lot of threads that can simply be merged, others that can straight up be closed.

You're right there's too many threads about the same thing that pop up. Some I've seen are people that don't want their point to be missed so they make a new thread. That's not a good reason to start a thread. A general rule should be if there's the same thread on the first page of the new posts search, it doesn't need another thread.

Last edited:

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Do we have much in the way of mods on the forum? There's a lot of threads that can simply be merged, others that can straight up be closed.

You're right there's too many threads about the same thing that pop up. Some I've seen are people that don't want their point to be missed so they make a new thread. That's not a good reason to start a thread. A general rule should be if there's the same thread on the first page of the new posts search, it doesn't need another thread.

Exactly totally agree. Thats why I made this thread. I dont post often as Crazy8 seemed like he had to point out after I mentioned I do more reading than posting. I have been on here for 2 years and only posted about a 100 times but I login everday. I don't post because I don't want to repeat people and waste peoples time in reading.

Im not trying to govern the site, I was just making some simple suggestions to make it better and effiecient. From all the responses I know I am not alone on the issues of duplicate threads, dumb trade threads and just ridicoulous posts.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
I agree that a big problem of the forum is the hundreds of duplicated threads. But as long as everybody keeps adding in each of them there's nothing much i can do about it. Mods wouldn't be a better option, as the rules should be adopted by users not imposed. So what can you do if you think a thread has been duplicated and there's no obvious need for another?
You can either NOT add to it, or you can simply reply with a link to the original topic. Chances of me seeing it are pretty good (although a notify will also help), so i'll either lock it or merge it with the other one.

The cussing problem is pretty much the same. If i'd act like the soup nazi i'd be barking at everybody 24/7 so i decided to let people deal with it on their own, like grownups. However, if the flame crosses the line there are two buttons you can use. Those would be the ignore and the report post. The first one would block the entire activity of the selected user and you won't have to deal with him again (a very smart button i'd say). The other one would notify me about it and i'll probably take actions. But I'd only use the report post feature if i'm ready to be warned as well.

That said, there are two topics i'd like to bring to your attention:

1. Do we need a separate board for all the trade ideas? (apparently there's been a confusion and everybody's posting trade ideas in there instead of just answering the question/voting the poll)

2. How many posts should a new member gain before receiving the privilege of starting a new thread?

Thanks!

Last edited: