Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D'Antoni tells fans to stop booing Jared Jeffries

Veteran

we're 10 - 15, somebody has got to get booed

Originally Posted by Eman
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

From the NY Post:

"Indulge me for a second, anybody who boos Jared Jeffries has got to reexamine their life a little bit," D'Antoni said following the Knicks' 99-88 winover the Jazz at the Garden. "I love our fans and I like Madison Square Garden, the arena, but here's a guy who came back to us, minimum contract. He could've gone to a lot of other teams. He plays as hard as anybody could possibly ever play, with injuries, everything you ask him. He takes every charge, every dirty play, every rebound. He works every second."

Jeffries had 13 points in a floor-burn performance, taking a couple of charges and getting fouled often around the rim. He made 7-of-10 free throws and grabbed eight rebounds.

Jeffries was clearly appreciative of the support from D'Antoni. "I'll die for him," he said. "I'll leave blood on the court ... because he's the best coach in the NBA.''

Stop booing Jeffries and start taking bullets for D'Antoni?
    These are the two comments I absolutely disagree with. Also, Jeffries got a bit man happy with that last comment. Really JJ? REALLY?

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    These are the two comments I absolutely disagree with. Also, Jeffries got a bit man happy with that last comment. Really JJ? REALLY?
    Idk about D'antoni being the best coach in the nba... but Jeffries could've definitely gone to a bunch of other teams. There aren't enough established veterans who are complete role players in this league. For the vets minimum, I bet at least 20 teams would like to have him. I have always hated on jeffries, but this year I've changed a little. His shooting touch looks a little bit better, and I think hes really working on that 10 foot side of the basket jumper. He's a decent free throw shooter so I think that could come around. If he could make all his layups, he would be a better fit for the starting lineup than Amare this year. I hope he tightens up his offense, because his defense has been superb.

Superstar

I hate JJ, only because after all this time in the NBA, he hasn't developed any offensive skills, equivalent to the money he stole from us on his first contract.With that being said, anyone who boo's JJ, has bigger problems than the knicks losing, the guy is the most selfless player in the NBA, hands down, he takes charges, blocks shots, and he has the best shot selection in the NBA.Dude only shoots the rock, when the nearest defender, is 12 feet away, this is not a knock on our 2 stars, but they could learn something from JJ, about shot selection.Like i said, i'm not his biggest fan, but i would never embarrass my self, by booing JJ.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    I hate JJ, only because after all this time in the NBA, he hasn't developed any offensive skills, equivalent to the money he stole from us on his first contract.With that being said, anyone who boo's JJ, has bigger problems than the knicks losing, the guy is the most selfless player in the NBA, hands down, he takes charges, blocks shots, and he has the best shot selection in the NBA.Dude only shoots the rock, when the nearest defender, is 12 feet away, this is not a knock on our 2 stars, but they could learn something from JJ, about shot selection.Like i said, i'm not his biggest fan, but i would never embarrass my self, by booing JJ.
    i hate it when people say he stole a contract. Players do not negotiate contracts. Jefferies didnt say, hey, spend the entire MLE on me for a few years, i want 30 million or im walking. He was GIVEN a contract. Anyone on jefferies status who turns down 30 million is retarded. His contract was not his fault. He played, so he didnt STEAL it (like allan houstins last year, eddy curry, jerome james) who got money for doing nothing.

and he didnt come back here because he thought he OWED the fans money for what he did...he loves playing in the garden, he loves playing for the knicks, and he loves playing for mike dantoni.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Toons
    i hate it when people say he stole a contract. Players do not negotiate contracts. Jefferies didnt say, hey, spend the entire MLE on me for a few years, i want 30 million or im walking. He was GIVEN a contract. Anyone on jefferies status who turns down 30 million is retarded. His contract was not his fault. He played, so he didnt STEAL it (like allan houstins last year, eddy curry, jerome james) who got money for doing nothing.
    That's not a knock on JJ for talking the money that was offered to him, anyone would, i just though he was, way over payed.That's a fact, but like you said that's not his fault, i just though he could have worked on his game, no matter how much he's getting payed.I wasn't knocking JJ, did you read my whole post, i love his heart and effort, but he stole money the first time around.We don't know what he asked for, the first time around, we weren't in the negotiations.
    Last edited by fender0577; Feb 08, 2012 at 09:23.

You could say the same about Stoudemire and his defense/rebounding.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    You could say the same about Stoudemire and his defense/rebounding.
    Yeah, but the verdict is still out on STAT, and he produced last year.JJ's, first run, with us is over, and he stole that 30 mill.

Yeah, but the verdict is still out on STAT, and he produced last year.JJ's, first run, with us is over, and he stole that 30 mill.
    Advantage fender0577

Although I wouldn't say he 'stole' the money. More like Isiah gifted him the money

But yeah, you got a point that first contract was pretty horrible and probably the main reason people hated on him.

I say he's doing very well this season for a minimum contract though.

And regarding STAT: He didn't produce on defense last year, did he?

Superstar

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Advantage fender0577

Although I wouldn't say he 'stole' the money. More like Isiah gifted him the money

But yeah, you got a point that first contract was pretty horrible and probably the main reason people hated on him.

I say he's doing very well this season for a minimum contract though.

And regarding STAT: He didn't produce on defense last year, did he?
    Your dead on, about Isiah, he was getting robbed, by everyone.Yes, i'm loving everything about JJ, this year, and STAT was no Bruce Bowen last year, but he did average 1.9 blocks.

time to get a Jefferies jersey????

If someone deserves to get booed it should be the entire team, not a particular player. Period.

Originally Posted by Eman
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

From the NY Post:

"Indulge me for a second, anybody who boos Jared Jeffries has got to reexamine their life a little bit," D'Antoni said following the Knicks' 99-88 winover the Jazz at the Garden. "I love our fans and I like Madison Square Garden, the arena, but here's a guy who came back to us, minimum contract. He could've gone to a lot of other teams. He plays as hard as anybody could possibly ever play, with injuries, everything you ask him. He takes every charge, every dirty play, every rebound. He works every second."

Jeffries had 13 points in a floor-burn performance, taking a couple of charges and getting fouled often around the rim. He made 7-of-10 free throws and grabbed eight rebounds.

Jeffries was clearly appreciative of the support from D'Antoni. "I'll die for him," he said. "I'll leave blood on the court ... because he's the best coach in the NBA.''

Stop booing Jeffries and start taking bullets for D'Antoni?

Chuckles. I dont know which statement is more hilarious.

Dont boo Jeffries or MDA is the best coach in the league.

These two below average entities deserve each other...

Finally some leadership from Mike D this might have been
    the first time I saw him take up for a player a not act so
    nonchalant about it this will serve good for him if he gets
    the stars to think like Jefferies they will leave it all on the floor.

As for Jefferies He is what he is a hard worker/defender
    He plays his role and doesn't complain about it He has to
    take some shots to keep the defense modest or they can easily double
    That last game was easily his best so far and the game before that he was great. That's what we need role players who can play their role.