D'Antoni tells fans to stop booing Jared Jeffries

Toons

is the Bo$$
and he didnt come back here because he thought he OWED the fans money for what he did...he loves playing in the garden, he loves playing for the knicks, and he loves playing for mike dantoni.

fender0577

Rotation player
i hate it when people say he stole a contract. Players do not negotiate contracts. Jefferies didnt say, hey, spend the entire MLE on me for a few years, i want 30 million or im walking. He was GIVEN a contract. Anyone on jefferies status who turns down 30 million is retarded. His contract was not his fault. He played, so he didnt STEAL it (like allan houstins last year, eddy curry, jerome james) who got money for doing nothing.
That's not a knock on JJ for talking the money that was offered to him, anyone would, i just though he was, way over payed.That's a fact, but like you said that's not his fault, i just though he could have worked on his game, no matter how much he's getting payed.I wasn't knocking JJ, did you read my whole post, i love his heart and effort, but he stole money the first time around.We don't know what he asked for, the first time around, we weren't in the negotiations.

Last edited:
I hate JJ, only because after all this time in the NBA, he hasn't developed any offensive skills, equivalent to the money he stole from us on his first contract.With that being said, anyone who boo's JJ, has bigger problems than the knicks losing, the guy is the most selfless player in the NBA, hands down, he takes charges, blocks shots, and he has the best shot selection in the NBA.Dude only shoots the rock, when the nearest defender, is 12 feet away, this is not a knock on our 2 stars, but they could learn something from JJ, about shot selection.Like i said, i'm not his biggest fan, but i would never embarrass my self, by booing JJ.

You could say the same about Stoudemire and his defense/rebounding.

Yeah, but the verdict is still out on STAT, and he produced last year.JJ's, first run, with us is over, and he stole that 30 mill.

Advantage fender0577 :smokin:

Although I wouldn't say he 'stole' the money. More like Isiah gifted him the money :teeth:

But yeah, you got a point that first contract was pretty horrible and probably the main reason people hated on him.

I say he's doing very well this season for a minimum contract though.

And regarding STAT: He didn't produce on defense last year, did he?

fender0577

Rotation player
Advantage fender0577 :smokin:

Although I wouldn't say he 'stole' the money. More like Isiah gifted him the money :teeth:

But yeah, you got a point that first contract was pretty horrible and probably the main reason people hated on him.

I say he's doing very well this season for a minimum contract though.

And regarding STAT: He didn't produce on defense last year, did he?
Your dead on, about Isiah, he was getting robbed, by everyone.Yes, i'm loving everything about JJ, this year, and STAT was no Bruce Bowen last year, but he did average 1.9 blocks.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-wants-knicks-fans-quit-booing-232102321.html

From the NY Post:

"Indulge me for a second, anybody who boos Jared Jeffries has got to reexamine their life a little bit," D'Antoni said following the Knicks' 99-88 winover the Jazz at the Garden. "I love our fans and I like Madison Square Garden, the arena, but here's a guy who came back to us, minimum contract. He could've gone to a lot of other teams. He plays as hard as anybody could possibly ever play, with injuries, everything you ask him. He takes every charge, every dirty play, every rebound. He works every second."

Jeffries had 13 points in a floor-burn performance, taking a couple of charges and getting fouled often around the rim. He made 7-of-10 free throws and grabbed eight rebounds.

Jeffries was clearly appreciative of the support from D'Antoni. "I'll die for him," he said. "I'll leave blood on the court ... because he's the best coach in the NBA.''

Stop booing Jeffries and start taking bullets for D'Antoni?

Chuckles. I dont know which statement is more hilarious.

Dont boo Jeffries or MDA is the best coach in the league.

These two below average entities deserve each other...

Finally some leadership from Mike D this might have been
the first time I saw him take up for a player a not act so
nonchalant about it this will serve good for him if he gets
the stars to think like Jefferies they will leave it all on the floor.

As for Jefferies He is what he is a hard worker/defender
He plays his role and doesn't complain about it He has to
take some shots to keep the defense modest or they can easily double
That last game was easily his best so far and the game before that he was great. That's what we need role players who can play their role.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
time to get a Jefferies jersey????
Man, you gotta' have some SERIOUS stones to rock one!

I think the folks that said he gets little love is mostly because of the first contract, hit the nail on the head.

Also...let him do his damn job and hustle, board, defend, take charges, and PASS THE BALL WHEN IT HITS HIS HANDS!

pakopako

Benchwarmer
F'n Isiah. :evil:
Thoooooommmmaaaaaaaas!! :fury:

Well, JJ is doing amazingly for a minimum contract.

STAT was a better blocker last year; it feels like he made more stops and grabbed more boards, but the numbers say they're about the same and the season is still young. The past games against the Celts and Nets, as a PF, STAT didn't rotate over as quickly. As a backup C, he strayed outside the paint every now and again, but that's PF mentality (and likely fast-break coaching).

I do agree that being under 0.500 and being one of the league's more expensive teams, the Knicks deserve a few boos.

KingofNy

Starter
Watch the first quarter of the Knicks vs. Washington game and you'll know exactly why the fans were booing. Poor defense, a turnover, and missed 3 layups off good feeds. My wife could make the 3 layups per quarter he misses. Not to mention he shoots terrible shots. The ONLY thing he's good at is rolling off the screen and drawing charges. That's it. D'Antoni thinks he's the Knicks 6th man on the year.

Paul1355

All Star
That's so inaccurate. Yes he sucks on offense but he only takes very good looks and even though he only went 3-9 last game a lot of the misses were fouls. He is good from the line and a straight up hustle machine. Hating on Jefferies at this point is just straight ignorance.

you say im inaccurate yet you agreed that he sucks on offense.
My post was simple, he sucks on offense so he should not shoot.

Jeffries can miss wide open lay ups, any player in the NBA that can't hit a wide open lay up needs to pass it up. You must agree with this.
I never knocked his hustle, defense, or ability to rebound. I am talking about his offense and the fans boo him because when he shoots, the odds of the shot going in are very low.

He always gets stuffed, blows an easy shot, bricks an outside shot...why? Because he has no offensive game whatsoever. He is not booed for any other reason.

btw, the misses he has are wide open shots, thats why they boo, its a good shot if u have the ability to sink it. You want Tyson Chandler shooting open 3's??!??!?! No, he is wide open but he can't make it.

Last edited:

nixon7

Benchwarmer
Truth time

I have nothing against Jeffries. The charges he draw are nice. He is a decent defender. However, he is not a physical active defender, which Jerome Jordan and Renaldo Balkman are. He is a passive defender.

Both styles have their uses, but coach does not recognize it and use them appropriately.

I do not hate Toney Douglas. He just has no point guard skills. It was unfair to Toney Douglas to play him as a point guard (he is an undersized SG streak-shooter - that's it).

We were not booing Douglas and Jeffries, we were booing D'Antoni for not using his players strengths but forcing them to play to their weaknesses.