Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: O.K. Real Knicks Talk

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    even if melo is this overrated scrub haters try to make him out to be, at the very least he can be the offense when lin sits, which can shut up the 'secretariat' guys. as far as stopping the ball and lins momentum, i saw i believe against the nets, melo brought it up and a few steps past half court he saw two defenders coming at him so he moved toward them and got it to lin who drove for a layup. he at least recognizes he cant do it himself every time when he's doubled. i dont think novak can play at the same time as melo, definitely not novak-melo-stat, so melo can be the guy camped on the arc to open the lane a little for lin. from there we know he can hit the three, he can use a pump fake to get closer and use any of his myriad of midrange attacks, and we've also seen him trying to get other people involved, maybe he draws fields' defender and gets him an easy two, or an alley oop to tyson. im not saying hes gonna distribute like lebron but melo can play as a part of this offense and has shown that he's willing to give up some shots if it means better attempts for his teammates.

  2. #17
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    You can't be serious? The P&R and Corner 3 and floor spacing is all Dantoni.
    Your posts are so full of Bias its hard to take it seriously. Look at the game objectively and put your Dantoni hate to the side please..damn

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,020
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    You can't be serious? The P&R and Corner 3 and floor spacing is all Dantoni.
    Your posts are so full of Bias its hard to take it seriously. Look at the game objectively and put your Dantoni hate to the side please..damn

    Are u serious....if u ever played JV High School basketball "The P&R and Corner 3
    and floor spacing is all Dantoni" this is what u will be ask to play and defend.
    If u are lucky to make the varsity team....here is a few pointers u need to
    expect from all the top-3 High School teams in any state: double-screens,
    low-post, box-out, and defensive switch from foward-guard & foward-center,
    Dantoni's coaching in Phoenix/New York does not have any of the above.
    To mention that and his other coaching flaws mean I am BIAS....If I got a
    daily pay check to promote NBA players & coaches then maybe my outlook
    would be different (NBA comentators/writers).
    Oakman....
    Do u have a clue on how many different design-plays u can write up for
    Carmelo Anthony star-talent on the left-side or right-side of the court?
    u did not watch Syracuse-Melo in the NCAA playoffs did u?
    I am sure u didnt watch Melo's rookie season in Denver with all the screen
    set plays for Melo from bigmen Camby, Nene, and Birdman....having a flawed
    starting PG that was kicked off the Clippers team (Andre Miller).

  4. #19
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    You can't be serious? The P&R and Corner 3 and floor spacing is all Dantoni. Your posts are so full of Bias its hard to take it seriously. Look at the game objectively and put your Dantoni hate to the side please..damn
    Hahahahahaha! Those are all pretty standard basketball plays man. How long have you been watching basketball? No disrespect, just sayin'.

  5. #20
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Hahahahahaha! Those are all pretty standard basketball plays man. How long have you been watching basketball? No disrespect, just sayin'.
    You guys misconstrued what I am saying. I didn't take the entire effort to give a full reply. Obviously those are basic plays, what I am saying is Dantoni's philosophies are based on floor spacing and ball movement utilizing a PG/Center combo surrounding them with shooters.

    Questioning how long I've been watching basketball is mad silly if you think J Lin would put up similar numbers in a half court set offense that is slowed down. Dantoni's offense is Tailor fit to him. Which is why no matter which PG and Center play in his offense put up career highs.

    What ever happen to Duhon and C. Lee since leaving this system. Lee became average joe, and Duhon is a back up PG.

    Don't get me wrong Jeremy Lin is talented. But it takes a high IQ pg to run this offense and when done correctly we have a beautiful thing.

  6. #21
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    All these threads springing up following a 3 game winning streak (minus our two best offensive players) is a bit too much. I know people are saying that Lin has saved D'Antoni but this is more a matter of mutual respect. Lin saved the day in the same way that Felton did last year. Felton was a 17/9 player during his Knicks tenure and the Knicks were a winning team playing some good basketball at points. The same applies since Lin made an appearance. Let's not forget that No other team went for Lin while he was a free agent, and he never got any games while at Golden State. Nash, Felton, and now Lin all looked the real deal under D'Antoni. Anyone had a look at Felton's stats pre and post D'Antoni era?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    No point even discussing Lin before his Knicks stint:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    It's obvious that people have issues with the coach. He definitely has annoyed me at points however there have also been events that have been beyond his control.

    1. He has never managed the same group of players for over one season

    2. This is the first season that the Team has a noteworthy Roster

    3. The trade last year occurred at a time where it seemed the Knicks could aim high, essentially forcing the team to start from scratch.

    4. Injuries in the playoffs swayed the series.

    5. Following management dumping Billups, the team was left with no healthy or proven PG this season (up until now)

    Anyone willing to keep an open mind on this one? Let's save our judgement for the end of the season cos that's exactly how long it appears you're stuck with him for.

  7. #22
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Do not think this team is better without Stat & Melo....6 to 8 of our players
    shouldve been taught to gell in a 5-man lineup without Melo, Stat, and Tyson.
    And it dont take 25 games to do this....incompetence sent Lin & Jordan to
    the D.League to only bring them back last week.

    The Knicks are on a 3 game winning streak thanks to the performance of PG-Jeremy Lin....
    Lin's offense-attack have Knicks oponents sweating on defense, plus Lin has
    gain the confidence (luv) of all his teammates.

    No KO member should get the Knicks 3 wins mixed with the so-call Dantoni-system.
    This is "Jeremy Lin-system" with a BIG-Center Tyson Chandler....
    do not get it mixed-up with Steve Nash system with PF.
    There will be several NBA commentators & writers promoting Dantoni again
    for the skills of a player.

    The Knicks won their last two games using a 7-man rotation, and a 8-man rotation....
    Dantoni havnt change.

    The Knicks headcoach is finally doing something that shouldve been done
    when he receive the Knicks 2011-12 schedule.....
    by developing a 6-man lineup of bench players to gell together as a unit.
    It took 25 games to finally see the Knicks put a bench-lineup on the court in
    the 2nd quarter of a game....when every team in the NBA were developing a
    bench-lineup in the 2nd quarter before their 10th game of this close 66 game season.

    To prevent injuries how many players in a roster should get decent
    playingtime when u have 3-games in 4 days?
    I would like for everyone to answer the question?

    This I completely agree with. I might even go one step further and say since we see that our second (or third) unit can compete with the worst teams in the NBA we should sit STAT and Melo when we play teams like the wizards and bobcats. A lot of teams do not have that luxary of having bench players who can complete a lineup to have thier stars sit out a night.

    You also bring up a great point about teams playing thier second units in the second quarter. I want people to look at this and hope for the best. For example look at Tyson Chandler and his minutes and usage.

    Last year on Dallas he averaged 27:48 minutes per in a regular 82 game season.

    This year he is averaging 33:36 a game in a 66 game condensed season. He hasn't averaged this many minutes since the 2007-2008 season. Now 6 minutes a game may not seem like a lot but over a seaon thats a lot of basketball.

    Tyson will be 30 in October. My point is we should look to rest him when we play undersized teams who don't have a dominate bigman.

    Great post man....

  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    All these threads springing up following a 3 game winning streak (minus our two best offensive players) is a bit too much. I know people are saying that Lin has saved D'Antoni but this is more a matter of mutual respect. Lin saved the day in the same way that Felton did last year. Felton was a 17/9 player during his Knicks tenure and the Knicks were a winning team playing some good basketball at points. The same applies since Lin made an appearance. Let's not forget that No other team went for Lin while he was a free agent, and he never got any games while at Golden State. Nash, Felton, and now Lin all looked the real deal under D'Antoni. Anyone had a look at Felton's stats pre and post D'Antoni era?

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    No point even discussing Lin before his Knicks stint:

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    It's obvious that people have issues with the coach. He definitely has annoyed me at points however there have also been events that have been beyond his control.

    1. He has never managed the same group of players for over one season

    2. This is the first season that the Team has a noteworthy Roster

    3. The trade last year occurred at a time where it seemed the Knicks could aim high, essentially forcing the team to start from scratch.

    4. Injuries in the playoffs swayed the series.

    5. Following management dumping Billups, the team was left with no healthy or proven PG this season (up until now)

    Anyone willing to keep an open mind on this one? Let's save our judgement for the end of the season cos that's exactly how long it appears you're stuck with him for.
    +1

    Smart, thorough post.

    Good refresher on some of the critical facts and realities that are often ignored.

  9. #24
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    +1

    Smart, thorough post.

    Good refresher on some of the critical facts and realities that are often ignored.
    Exactly......

  10. #25
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    You guys misconstrued what I am saying. I didn't take the entire effort to give a full reply. Obviously those are basic plays, what I am saying is Dantoni's philosophies are based on floor spacing and ball movement utilizing a PG/Center combo surrounding them with shooters.

    Questioning how long I've been watching basketball is mad silly if you think J Lin would put up similar numbers in a half court set offense that is slowed down. Dantoni's offense is Tailor fit to him. Which is why no matter which PG and Center play in his offense put up career highs.

    What ever happen to Duhon and C. Lee since leaving this system. Lee became average joe, and Duhon is a back up PG.

    Don't get me wrong Jeremy Lin is talented. But it takes a high IQ pg to run this offense and when done correctly we have a beautiful thing.
    I'm a Warriors fan on the low. David Lee is still feasting tho he doesn't get his points outta P&R now.

    18/10

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  11. #26
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    You guys misconstrued what I am saying. I didn't take the entire effort to give a full reply. Obviously those are basic plays, what I am saying is Dantoni's philosophies are based on floor spacing and ball movement utilizing a PG/Center combo surrounding them with shooters.

    Questioning how long I've been watching basketball is mad silly if you think J Lin would put up similar numbers in a half court set offense that is slowed down. Dantoni's offense is Tailor fit to him. Which is why no matter which PG and Center play in his offense put up career highs.

    What ever happen to Duhon and C. Lee since leaving this system. Lee became average joe, and Duhon is a back up PG.

    Don't get me wrong Jeremy Lin is talented. But it takes a high IQ pg to run this offense and when done correctly we have a beautiful thing.
    Most of Lin's assists last night came in the half court set. PnR

  12. #27
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    Which is why no matter which PG and Center play in his offense put up career highs.
    Antoni doesn't specialize in centers. Did you not know that?

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    Don't get me wrong Jeremy Lin is talented. But it takes a high IQ pg to run this offense and when done correctly we have a beautiful thing.
    Run what offense? You mean the one that emphasizes things that are standard practice for any team? I guess in your opinion, floor spacing and ball movement is specific only to Antoni. Also, Antoni's "offense" doesn't utilize a pg/center combo (its pretty much anyone who can make a shot). Up until this season, Antoni would have never co-signed a true center. His preference would've been a 5 who could shoot. History doesn't lie.

  13. #28
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,020
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by TakMan
    All these threads springing up following a 3 game winning streak (minus our two best offensive players) is a bit too much.

    1. He has never managed the same group of players for over one season

    good point....the next two games are LOSSES, but the 3 games after that
    should be another 3 game winning streak. Im already prepared for what will
    be written in the KO forum by certain members after each of the next 5 games.
    We all should be aware that Kiyaman will be putting up "Dont blame the
    players....FIRE Dantoni" the next two games. back to back is no excuse
    to lose to the Wolves. However heacoach Adelman is not going to let Dantoni
    beat him at anything, especially taking his star PG-Rubio fame.


    Dantoni's short 7-man rotation and his DNP of healthy players was the
    reason the Knicks changed rosters each season. Not the 2010 Plan.

    Dantoni success came from veteran players who went 6 games in a series
    with the Championship Spurs under headcoach George Johnson....Marbury,
    Joe, Marion, Stat, Chambers, Hunter.

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,020
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    You guys misconstrued what I am saying. I didn't take the entire effort to give a full reply.

    Questioning how long I've been watching basketball is mad silly if you think J Lin would put up similar numbers in a half court set offense that is slowed down. Dantoni's offense is Tailor fit to him. Which is why no matter which PG and Center play in his offense put up career highs.

    Don't get me wrong Jeremy Lin is talented. But it takes a high IQ pg to run this offense and when done correctly we have a beautiful thing.
    nothing was misconstrued everthing u wrote had clarity....u still have visions
    of Nash/Marion/Stat at the mention of Dantoni's name. Wake-up!
    The Knicks have been running half-court setting offense the past 4 seasons....
    What offense are u talking about? 2005-Phoenix or 2012-Knicks?
    Tyson Chandler has played in more Knicks games than all the centers we had
    in the past 3 seasons put together.

    Does Dantoni know how to coach "Carmelo Anthony" talent? HELL-NO!
    When u see Stat or Tyson pick for a moving without the ball Melo, and Melo
    receive the ball right after the pick for a clear open shot....that means the
    Knicks have a new headcoach.

  15. #30
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    This is a 5 star thread. Jeremy Lin is the new coach of the Knicks. I've been saying this from the beginning. Antoni's chuck and suck system is why STAT and Carmelon aren't gellin. STAT had an automatic jump shot from the free thrown line. Now, he only shoots from the elbows. And Melo's jumpshot is Jello. Antoni has him jacking up 3s like Reggie Miller.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Sep 11, 2011, 03:36
  2. 1994 Knicks Vs. 1999 Knicks
    By TR1LL10N in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Apr 10, 2010, 14:14
  3. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 14:53
  4. Cavs @ Knicks 11/25 7:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: Nov 26, 2008, 20:10
  5. Knicks 2007-2008 Season Recap
    By abcd in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2008, 11:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •