Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63

Thread: Lin and Landry will be free agents this year

  1. #16

    Default

    Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Yeah we can lock them both up and we should. Lin is only 23 and Landry is 24.
    I'm still totally in the dark when it comes to juggling franchise finances (especially over the long-term), but I do agree with locking Lin and Fields to long-term contracts. However, from KWRA's first post, it's not possible to offer them a 4+ year contract yet?

  2. #17
    ★KNICKS-TAPE★ NYk_Reloaded718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Queenz, NY
    Posts
    3,317
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Besides our 3 stars

    Keepers
    Fields
    Lin
    Shump
    Novak

    Everyone else can kick rocks

  3. #18
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I've seen enough young Knicks player heading elsewhere and getting chance... Jeremy and Landry are our priority now.

  4. #19
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by pakopako
    I'm still totally in the dark when it comes to juggling franchise finances (especially over the long-term), but I do agree with locking Lin and Fields to long-term contracts. However, from KWRA's first post, it's not possible to offer them a 4+ year contract yet?
    I honestly have no idea LOL. I dont know about Landry but we can surly lock Lin up for 4-5 years.

  5. #20
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Besides our 3 stars

    Keepers
    Fields
    Lin
    Shump
    Novak
    Jorts

    Everyone else can kick rocks
    Fixed it for you.

  6. #21
    Member MadJack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    We're going to have to pay Lin some decent cash. I would let Landry go. He still sucks. Shumpert should be the starting 2.

  7. #22
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    Besides our 3 stars

    Keepers
    Fields
    Lin
    Shump
    Novak

    Everyone else can kick rocks
    What about Jeffries and Harrelson?

  8. #23
    Veteran knicksin60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    If Lin continues to play this way, Melo and Stat should restructure their contracts so that way Lin can be signed for the max.

  9. #24
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    If Lin continues to play this way, Melo and Stat should restructure their contracts so that way Lin can be signed for the max.
    Unfortunately they can't

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Those wallstreet bankers will tell you right now is a good time to sell Lin. That's how they ruined this country.

  11. #26
    Veteran KingofNy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,492
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by knicksin60
    If Lin continues to play this way, Melo and Stat should restructure their contracts so that way Lin can be signed for the max.
    If Lin even plays 1/2 as good as he's playing now he's going to be a TOP commodity in the off-season. There's no way in hell he signs for the MLE as teams probably will be throwing close to the max at him. If this keeps up I'm thinking we're going to need to find a way to clear some cap by trading a star. Not the preferred plan but we can't let Lin slip through our hands if he chases the money. It's been 30 years since the Knicks had a PG that good.

  12. #27
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,031
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Lin deserves the max.

  13. #28
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingofNy
    If Lin even plays 1/2 as good as he's playing now he's going to be a TOP commodity in the off-season. There's no way in hell he signs for the MLE as teams probably will be throwing close to the max at him. If this keeps up I'm thinking we're going to need to find a way to clear some cap by trading a star. Not the preferred plan but we can't let Lin slip through our hands if he chases the money. It's been 30 years since the Knicks had a PG that good.
    He would take the MLW for one year and then we'll have his bird rights and we'll be able to go over the cap and match any offer

  14. #29
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Unless Lin keeps up this precise level of play throughout the entire season and post-season (unlikely), I think signing him to a ML deal is extremely possible, and likely, even if he continues to be great (vs the ethereal level he is on now, which almost necessarily will decline some when Melo/STAT return).

    Lin has little meaningful NBA or college pedigree, and has come out of nowhere to explode in the last week. NBA teams were dumping him like deuces at a bathroom stall a month ago.

    IMO, we are (fortunately) off-kilter when we think teams (outside of a small handful, including us, and the Wolves, who have Rubio) would splash big, potentially franchise-crippling money longterm on him.

    Likewise, there's always the league perception that players -- especially PGs -- have their play/stats elevated under D'antoni, and that they crash back to more normalcy shortly exiting a SSOL-positive environment.

    And from Lin's perspective, he is in the most beloved basketball city he could play in, and was sleeping on a sofa bed as early as this past week.

    Getting a long-ish term ML contract, that still sets him up for an in-his-prime MAX deal once it's over, isn't something he's going to sneeze at. Especially when playing for us would almost assure him of the huge $ deal he'd be poised for after a few seasons here.

    Let's hope we can structure it so it coincides with Amare coming off the books; so, what, 3yr deal?

  15. #30
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Question Mark

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    Unfortunately they can't
    Are you sure about that?

    I'm not sure myself, but I know of the instance in which Shawn Kemp restructured his in the late 90s. No doubt under a different CBA, but has this most recent CBA disallowed similar terms?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •