Tyson Chandler Appreciation Thread

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
Searched, couldn't find one of these.

Watching Tyson Chandler play, I'm Wow-ed. A true BEAST center. When I watched him in the finals last year I thought he was a piece to the championship, but now I see he was one of the most important factors. Such a smart player. Such an excellent defender, rebounder, and dominator in the paint. I love having this dude. It makes me feel like we're safe. And with Melo + Amar'e out he's been scoring phenomenally. (not to mention he he's been scoring great with them in play as well) Dude is an f'ing allstar easy.

I'm so happy we got this guy. Thanks Grunwald

628x471.jpg

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
I have to give Antoni some credit for allowing Chandler to be part of the offense, hes been a better player this year then he was last year. Chandlers play has eliminated any negative thoughts about waiving Billups to sign him. The emergence of the Lin Dynasty has helped though too, had we kept Billups theres no doubt in my mind that the Knicks woulda gotten off to a better start offensively. Billups himself wasnt a great fit, Lin is easily the more Dantoni type point guard. So far he appears to fit the stereotype to the T. Once he improves his 3 point shot its official, and i strongly believe he will. Maybe not this season but lets just put it this way, the Knicks better do whatever it takes to re-sign this future hall of famer

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Grunwald made a great decision. I was glad he offered a contract for him since day one.

He's proving this season that he's getting things done on his own. Honestly I wouldn't trade him for Dwight Howard. He hits his free throws and gets simple and quick buckets. He knows his capabilities on offense and doesn't risk much.

Forrest17

Rotation player
He singlehandedly turned us from the worst defensive team in the league to a decent defensive team

Any time he comes out we can't stop anything and get no rebounds. But whenever he plays, I never freak out or get mad like I did last season because of all the insane second chance rebounds other teams are getting over us.

Forrest17

Rotation player
7'1 and ALL HEART. He is the kind of player you'd love to have on your team.

Exactly. Some people say they want Dwight Howard.. And honestly, I don't.. I don't care if he is considered the better center, Chandler has the heart of a champion.. he gives it his all and he is a team player, where Dwight really seems like a head case who starts to blame others at the first sight of trouble.

portega1968

El Cacique
God bless Tyson Chandler and blessed the day our GM went for him instead of having to wait on next summer's free agents.

amen.jpg

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Potato Salad

BUMP! I have nothing but admiration for this dude. Every single game he fights with all his heart and 100% effort. A toast to the 7'1" behemoth known as Tyson "The Mad Bison" Chandler. :beer:

wedding-toast.jpg

Most important player on this roster!

Tyson has been our best performer this season, a great leader and a TRUE champion!

Hats off Tyson, you are the man and the best example of what's good about basketball and how the game should be played.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Much love to T.C.

They used to call him a bust, but look at him now. Glad we got a true champion in his prime for many years to come. As long as he's healthy we're good defensive and rebounding team. That feat alone deserves much praise, and thats not even taking into account his improved offense since coming here.

Keep up the great work.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
Best player on the team. He should be the captain. He is our new Ewing. Lots of heart in this guy you can see it on his face after every play.

We shot essentially the same % as the wizards last game, but won because of the excellent rebounding by Tyson.

I will prob. have to name my first born after him.

metrocard

Legend
Needs more touches. Shoots 71% FG on 11 points per game. I can honestly see him averaging 13-14 a game. Good 3rd option behind Melo n Amare

fender0577

Rotation player
Searched, couldn't find one of these.

Watching Tyson Chandler play, I'm Wow-ed. A true BEAST center. When I watched him in the finals last year I thought he was a piece to the championship, but now I see he was one of the most important factors. Such a smart player. Such an excellent defender, rebounder, and dominator in the paint. I love having this dude. It makes me feel like we're safe. And with Melo + Amar'e out he's been scoring phenomenally. (not to mention he he's been scoring great with them in play as well) Dude is an f'ing allstar easy.

I'm so happy we got this guy. Thanks Grunwald

628x471.jpg
Couldn't have said it better myself,if he's not an all-star, i don't know what is.Thanks TC.

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I love watching this guy play. Defense, rebounding, leadership and all heart. I love the way that he is constantly talking to the players whilst on court and he`s always the first to rise from the bench to cheer players when sitting down.

He should be captain. I always found it odd that we had co-captains. I don`t see how co-captains helps. Surely one player has to be captain. Tyson should be captain. He leads by example. If we are getting beaten up on the defensive end then who would inspire the team to play better defensively? Amare and Carmelo who don`t play D? Or Tyson Chandler? Tyson can inspire the team to play better because he always has 100% effort in the game. A captain needs to be a leader and you can only lead by example.

At the moment he is certainly our MVP of the season so far. Jeremy Lin may become MVP come the end of the season if he continues the way he is going. Who would have thought that with Amare and `Melo on our roster we would be talking about neither of them for MVP come the end of the season.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
He is a 7'1 beast who is taller then just about everyone and has the heart of a champion, he also is posting up career stats while playing with the knicks and him and Lin could be a very deadly combo, Chandler is a serious offensive threat and is 3rd behind Melo and Stat

iSaYughh

Starter
Tyson quickly moving up on the dunk-o-meter with Lin's emergence. He's now third behind D12 and Blake and may surpass them before the AllStar break!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/stats/dunk-o-meter

Nice!

Man......I'm not sure exactly how to even best use Melo in the mix, ultimately....but just factoring in the effect of getting STAT back should be *HUGE* for Lin (and STAT), and Chandler, too.

It's almost good that STAT will be back Monday, and then Melo will be thrown into the mix within a week or so after that, giving Lin optimal time to get the groove going, incrementally.

And giving MDA and our team some time to gradually ramp things up, and find a unity have things spawn off of.

KBlack25

Starter
Five-star thread that's been long overdue.

Guys got heart. Saw some people on here, not to name names, really bashing this signing and criticizing this guy. What he gives us is an interior presence that maybe one or two other teams in the league really have. He is aggressive, he's strong on the boards, smart defensively and a true leader who knows how to win.

And if you bash him, you are wrong. (Though I saw some of the same people say "Rubio Sucks" so I guess they don't really know talent.)