Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Start and play significant minutes in the NBA All Star game

0 0%
  • Start but ask to play less than 10 minutes

3 42.86%
  • Skip the game to get fully healthy for the team

4 57.14%

Thread: 2012 NBA All Star game (Feb 26th)

Default 2012 NBA All Star game (Feb 26th)

Should Carmelo Anthony play in the All Star game this year, or take the time off to get fully healthy?

Lurker

He should take time off fuk the all star game it's stupid. Irrelevant question but I was banned from RealGM cause (this happened while we were on a 9 game losing streak or watever) I said we suck and we should tank. Srsly thats some BS they call that trolling all I said was the truth and now I can't even go to RealGM cause I'm ip banned. I can't contact the administrators either cause it keeps erroring, is there anyway to contact them and try to unban me?

We need him healthy, just skip that damn ASG...

The All Star Game is the worst game of the season, I really hate this ****.

No defense, no effort - it's completely pathetic, just a circus for the media.

They should dispose it anyway.

On the other hand, I hope both Anthony and Stoudemire play, it's their kind of world and they should be looking good in a game where no defense is played and hustle and effort are unknown quantities

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    The All Star Game is the worst game of the season, I really hate this ****.

No defense, no effort - it's completely pathetic, just a circus for the media.

They should dispose it anyway.

On the other hand, I hope both Anthony and Stoudemire play, it's their kind of world and they should be looking good in a game where no defense is played and hustle and effort are unknown quantities
    Get back on the prozac, doooooooooood

River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)

All-Star games are good for bringing some fun to their lives, and no doubt a confidence builder for the guys that participate... and as a fan so sweet to watch.

I really don't care if its not competitive.

Now, the above poll is a bit biased... no way anyone is choosing the first option. I would've voted for playing two quarters cause asking to play just 10 minutes is just wimpy.

I wonder if anyone has ever fouled out of an allstar game? That would be one way to get your self less minutes and seem like your hustling your ass off LOL!!!

Default Cannot change (fix)

I cannot change the poll once launched.

I did not intend for it to be biased. Was looking for true spread of attitudes.

Two quarters is significant minutes since it is an All Star game, I don't think anyone plays 30-40 minutes anyway.

However, your point is well taken in that his chances of getting hurt again are low, but if he is not 100% by then, I would hate to see him play and then be less than 100% on March 1st.

BTW, from my perspective the lack of defense at the All Star game is a good thing since the worst outcome would be for someone to get significantly hurt at the game.

I just think that with the amount of time that Carmelo has already lost, and his problems meshing with the team, the hole the team is in record-wise, and only one week (or so) back from injuries - better for him to skip the game.

w/e who cares about the allstar game?
    rookie/sophomore is where it's at and the dunk contest can be good. I also lik the 3 ball comp. and skills contests.

But the allstar game? thats just a place where guys like kobe try to get more accolades for their careers as they wind down so they'll be in that MJ conversation.

As for melo, the 26th is far enough away that he'll be fully healthy and can participate. I'm not really concerned about him getting injured during it because no one plays defense. They should make the game worth something if they want it to be entertaining.