Thread: McDyess is ready to play

Default McDyess is ready to play

Antonio McDyess, 30, a onetime all-star power forward whom the Pistons signed to a four-year, $23 million contract last summer, just nodded and smiled.

The three-time surgically repaired left knee that has limited McDyess for the better part of the last three seasons looked as good as new during an informal scrimmage Thursday. According to McDyess, it has looked and felt good since last spring.

“It’s been a long road,” he said. “I am finally able to just go out and play. No pressure. The leg feels great. I don’t even think about it.”

McDyess, who no longer wears a protective brace, said he worked out hard all summer and never had to take any anti-inflammatory medication.

“I am good to go,” he said.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

well, i'm happy for him. he stood on the bench for 3 seasons, and now it looks like he's ready for good

He's gotta be an early favorite for 6th man of the year.

Was the McDyess trade to the Knicks, what the Zambrano trade was to the Mets? Both were so incompetent they both forced ownership to completley overhaul their front offices.

Superstar

Those were just a wrong player chices for both teams. 'Tonio does not belong here, it's obvious. I wish him all best with his new team.

Oh, and do not forget that he was a part of a tremendous trade that brought Stephon to NYC...

Originally Posted by newmove
    Those were just a wrong player chices for both teams. 'Tonio does not belong here, it's obvious. I wish him all best with his new team.

Oh, and do not forget that he was a part of a tremendous trade that brought Stephon to NYC...
    Diceman is truly healthy now, I believe. Knicks doctors/pressure makes great players who should know better rush recoveries.