Tony Douglas

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Well, with Baron questionable for tonight's game against Toronto and Douglas rejoining the squad there is a chance that Toney will finally see some minutes. He hasn't played since the blowout win against the Kings on February 15, which means there are no indications on his shape and/or improvement. I really like Toney and I'd love to see him thriving under Woody, he's a hard working guy, very humble and even if he failed earlier this season he doesn't deserve to get stuck in the Knicks doghouse. Let's go Toney!

tiger0330

Legend
Well, with Baron questionable for tonight's game against Toronto and Douglas rejoining the squad there is a chance that Toney will finally see some minutes. He hasn't played since the blowout win against the Kings on February 15, which means there are no indications on his shape and/or improvement. I really like Toney and I'd love to see him thriving under Woody, he's a hard working guy, very humble and even if he failed earlier this season he doesn't deserve to get stuck in the Knicks doghouse. Let's go Toney!

He has a better chance of seeing the floor under Woody than D'Ants. Won't be tonight because he hasn't been on the floor in a month so Bibby will be the backup tonight and if Baron comes back, I really don't see TD coming back on the floor unless there are more injuries.

TD needs to get his shot back because without it he's a one trick pony without an act. An undersized SG, a PG with no skills and a guy in a shooting slump, that's a combo that will have you playing in China or the D-League next year.

Kiyaman

Legend

I like Toney Douglas talent too....Toney is a coaches combo-guard.
Toney's decision-making on the offensive-end as a PG kept getting terrible
each season (poor-poor coaching developement from college to NBA)....
Toney Douglas played a big-role in the winning streaks lastseason (2010-11) as
the 6th man off the bench.

I played to much B.ball to not understand why ex-starter Toney Douglas playintime
turned to nothing....his Knicks teammates canceled his playingtime.
I am happy Mike Woodson took over as headcoach because rookie Shump's foolish
decision-making on offense was headed in the same direction as Toney Douglas.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
jordan will get his minutes.... eventually, but TD earned his minutes last year, really happy he saw some action last night even though it was in garbage time, i think he can be far more productive for the knicks than mike bibby at the 1 and 2.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
jordan will get his minutes.... eventually, but TD earned his minutes last year, really happy he saw some action last night even though it was in garbage time, i think he can be far more productive for the knicks than mike bibby at the 1 and 2.
LMAO, even a piece of wood can be far more productive than Bibby's corpse. :teeth:

e483fb16e1a4b41c9d69c067d40d8771_l.jpg

Abxtraxion

Benchwarmer
Would've been nice to see TD instead of Bibby against the Bucks last night. Anyone know the reasoning over the choice of Bibby over TD? Are they trying to cement the fact to TD that he'll never get a chance to start as a PG ever again? Because I'm pretty sure that's already been done.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Would've been nice to see TD instead of Bibby against the Bucks last night. Anyone know the reasoning over the choice of Bibby over TD? Are they trying to cement the fact to TD that he'll never get a chance to start as a PG ever again? Because I'm pretty sure that's already been done.
hawks.0503+CC21.JPG

skisloper

Starter

Woodson has a comfort lever with Bibby as he coached him in the past...
I think TD will start to see minutes next game if LIN is still out...
Davis cannot play as many minutes as he did....Jennings blew by him in the 4th,,,,
Bibby can only play limited minutes....

all of a sudden a healthy TD is an asset....perfect time for him to redeem himself....

at this point I would not play Jordan at all........Keep him healthy in case Chandler or Josh get hurt ......

petescud

Starter
yeah Woody needs to make mends with Douglas cause Bibby plays like an old man...neither can play defense well, so thats a wash...TD is a better shooter these days

iJoe

Rotation player
Agree with others that I'm confused as to why Bibby is getting all the playing time and not Douglas. Bibby doesn't even handle much of the ball handling when he's on the court. Douglas should be the better shooter and defender.

Maybe his injured shoulder is worse than we know. Who knows? He might be stinking it up even worse than Bibby in practice.

petescud

Starter
Well Bibby is Woody's boy from Hawk's days, wise he would had been gone instead of Balkman. I'm sorry, but Douglas is better.

On a side note, how did Douglas look the last few times he got minutes? If he wants playing time, he needs to show what he has when he gets the minutes

p0nder

Starter
he doesn't look good in the minutes he gets. Probably the same in practice. he's gonna have to earn those minutes back.