Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 46

Thread: Tony Douglas

  1. #16
    Member CoolRunnings's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, Bay Ridge NY
    Posts
    482
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Lets be real here TD is not that great of a player. Idk how many other rosters he could be make. His trade value is little to nothing. I'm hoping its that shoulder thats keeping him from playing at a good level but its not looking like it.

    He better make good friends with Balkman and Bibby because he'll be riding the pine soon enough.

  2. #17
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolRunnings
    Lets be real here TD is not that great of a player. Idk how many other rosters he could be make. His trade value is little to nothing. I'm hoping its that shoulder thats keeping him from playing at a good level but its not looking like it.

    He better make good friends with Balkman and Bibby because he'll be riding the pine soon enough.
    we could have gotten Jamal Crawford for him... But thats not happening now...UGH...

  3. #18
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Knicks32
    Did not play last game due to coach's decision?

    Wasn't he our Jeremy Lin of last season? Oh how the might have fallen.

    Will this boy get his step back? What's ailing him?

    Last season he looked like Jeremy Lin with the 3-point shot of Novak.
    Douglas kills us in games and I hope the coach finally realized this, but don't be fooled. Once MIke D likes a player, he will try everything to play him. Douglas will get his oppurtunities. Once Baron Davis comes back, we might never see Douglas run the point again.

    I am assuming the pointguards from now on will be Lin, Davis, and Shumpert....with Bibby getting cut.

    Douglas' numbers are terrible, absolutely terrible.

  4. #19
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,676
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Douglas is Chris Duhan with a slightly better jumper. Good backup, but would never start on a good team.

  5. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    88
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by donchris
    Douglas is Chris Duhan with a slightly better jumper. Good backup, but would never start on a good team.
    Terrible comp, Duhon is actually a pg. TD is a ball hog. They both suck though, but Ben Gordon without arms is probably a better comp.

  6. #21
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Danilo
    ...but Ben Gordon without arms is probably a better comp.
    Funny and on target

  7. #22
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Well, with Baron questionable for tonight's game against Toronto and Douglas rejoining the squad there is a chance that Toney will finally see some minutes. He hasn't played since the blowout win against the Kings on February 15, which means there are no indications on his shape and/or improvement. I really like Toney and I'd love to see him thriving under Woody, he's a hard working guy, very humble and even if he failed earlier this season he doesn't deserve to get stuck in the Knicks doghouse. Let's go Toney!


  8. #23
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,547
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Well, with Baron questionable for tonight's game against Toronto and Douglas rejoining the squad there is a chance that Toney will finally see some minutes. He hasn't played since the blowout win against the Kings on February 15, which means there are no indications on his shape and/or improvement. I really like Toney and I'd love to see him thriving under Woody, he's a hard working guy, very humble and even if he failed earlier this season he doesn't deserve to get stuck in the Knicks doghouse. Let's go Toney!

    He has a better chance of seeing the floor under Woody than D'Ants. Won't be tonight because he hasn't been on the floor in a month so Bibby will be the backup tonight and if Baron comes back, I really don't see TD coming back on the floor unless there are more injuries.

    TD needs to get his shot back because without it he's a one trick pony without an act. An undersized SG, a PG with no skills and a guy in a shooting slump, that's a combo that will have you playing in China or the D-League next year.

  9. #24
    Member zshopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i like toney, i hope woody works him into the rotation even for a few mins, get that trade value up

  10. #25
    Superstar NYCLakerfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Danilo
    Terrible comp, Duhon is actually a pg. TD is a ball hog. They both suck though, but Ben Gordon without arms is probably a better comp.

    lol Thats ****ed up

  11. #26
    Veteran petescud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,812
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Hoping he returns to form for the playoffs. Just makes our bench that much deeper.

  12. #27
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,912
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Well, with Baron questionable for tonight's game against Toronto and Douglas rejoining the squad there is a chance that Toney will finally see some minutes. He hasn't played since the blowout win against the Kings on February 15, which means there are no indications on his shape and/or improvement. I really like Toney and I'd love to see him thriving under Woody, he's a hard working guy, very humble and even if he failed earlier this season he doesn't deserve to get stuck in the Knicks doghouse. Let's go Toney!


    I like Toney Douglas talent too....Toney is a coaches combo-guard.
    Toney's decision-making on the offensive-end as a PG kept getting terrible
    each season (poor-poor coaching developement from college to NBA)....
    Toney Douglas played a big-role in the winning streaks lastseason (2010-11) as
    the 6th man off the bench.

    I played to much B.ball to not understand why ex-starter Toney Douglas playintime
    turned to nothing....his Knicks teammates canceled his playingtime.
    I am happy Mike Woodson took over as headcoach because rookie Shump's foolish
    decision-making on offense was headed in the same direction as Toney Douglas.

  13. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    feel bad for the guy because I do think he has talent

  14. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    378
    Rep Power
    3

    Default

    I'm a TD fan too, but kind of upset he got minutes last game while Jordan didn't....

  15. #30
    Member zshopa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    106
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    jordan will get his minutes.... eventually, but TD earned his minutes last year, really happy he saw some action last night even though it was in garbage time, i think he can be far more productive for the knicks than mike bibby at the 1 and 2.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 27
    Last Post: Dec 29, 2011, 09:13
  2. Tony Douglas
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: Feb 04, 2011, 14:59
  3. Tony D working hard
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Sep 13, 2010, 20:27
  4. Live Chat with Tony Douglas RIGHT NOW.
    By MSGhobo247 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2010, 17:22
  5. Official Tony Douglas Thread
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: Mar 30, 2010, 12:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •