Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: Would you Still Fire Dantoni Mid Season/End Season

  1. #1
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default Would you Still Fire Dantoni Mid Season/End Season

    Here is a question for everyone. With the 3 game streak we have just won, the apparent team chemistry and the emergence of J Lin. Would everyone still take the chance and fire Dantoni and effectively promote Mike Woodson as the head coach? Or would you ride out this season than fire after?

    Another question is, if we make the playoffs do you fire Dantoni? Or extend him for a year, giving him a full training camp with the Knicks.

  2. #2
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,040
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I wouldn't fire him mid-season if Mike Woodson is his replacement. Hasn't it been said that Woodson made the Hawks' offense stagnant like their current coach?

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Let him stay the season unless we hit another 9 out of 10 losses.

    Depends on our playoff success and if Phil Jackson is available.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,929
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by skisloper
    Let him stay the season unless we hit another 9 out of 10 losses.

    Depends on our playoff success and if Phil Jackson is available.
    Co-sign. Unless he manages to not get this team to .500 soon, no excuses for him now, he's got stars, a big man, a PG.

    Even if he manages to get to the playoffs, I still think he's been exposed as a coach, I think what Marbury said about him that he has no system, he just let's guys play is true. Lin comes in and totally turns around the teams fortunes tells me a chimp could do what D'Antoni does. Now do what JVG did when he was here and make the talent he had a winning team, now that's coaching.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Co-sign. Unless he manages to not get this team to .500 soon, no excuses for him now, he's got stars, a big man, a PG.

    Even if he manages to get to the playoffs, I still think he's been exposed as a coach, I think what Marbury said about him that he has no system, he just let's guys play is true. Lin comes in and totally turns around the teams fortunes tells me a chimp could do what D'Antoni does. Now do what JVG did when he was here and make the talent he had a winning team, now that's coaching.
    Wasn't it coaching then, last year, pre-Melo, when we were a playoff team on the rise, and exceeding the expectations of almost all fans (KO members included), and professional NBA analysts?

    Also, wouldn't taking an undrafted, unheralded, bounced around raw PG and turn him into a winning, starting PG for the NYK (in about a month's time from being picked off waivers), qualify as taking the talent you have and making it "winning"?

  6. #6
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    if the team reverts to losing 10 of 12, he MUST be fired, plain and simple

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,929
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Also, wouldn't taking an undrafted, unheralded, bounced around raw PG and turn him into a winning, starting PG for the NYK (in about a month's time from being picked off waivers), qualify as taking the talent you have and making it "winning"?
    You can't be serious!! JLin first joined the team when? How many practices has he been to, D'Antoni said himself that his 3PGs got most of the reps and Lin being 4th on the depth chart didn't get much practice time, D'Antoni gets zero credit for his development. And as far as him playing it took a .300 record to motivate D'Ants to play him, no as far as I'm concerned him playing JLin is just an example of massive luck when it comes to his coaching career.

    The scouts and maybe D'Antoni if he had anything to do with picking him up get credit for him being a Knick, that's all the credit I am giving to Pringles.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by tiger0330
    You can't be serious!! JLin first joined the team when? How many practices has he been to, D'Antoni said himself that his 3PGs got most of the reps and Lin being 4th on the depth chart didn't get much practice time, D'Antoni gets zero credit for his development. And as far as him playing it took a .300 record to motivate D'Ants to play him, no as far as I'm concerned him playing JLin is just an example of massive luck when it comes to his coaching career.

    The scouts and maybe D'Antoni if he had anything to do with picking him up get credit for him being a Knick, that's all the credit I am giving to Pringles.
    " Massive luck "...............did a Jeanie grant him wishes ?
    U make your luck.

  9. #9
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    Here is a question for everyone. With the 3 game streak we have just won, the apparent team chemistry and the emergence of J Lin. Would everyone still take the chance and fire Dantoni and effectively promote Mike Woodson as the head coach? Or would you ride out this season than fire after?

    Another question is, if we make the playoffs do you fire Dantoni? Or extend him for a year, giving him a full training camp with the Knicks.
    Why is your sig so weird lmao

  10. #10
    Superstar YuvalNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    715
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    If we end up with a good playoff run, then I think he should stay.

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,929
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    ^^ Not a D'Ants fan but I agree. If he wins it all, I'll eat crow, the margin of error in winning a ring comes down to which team had the better coaching and game plan sometimes so if the Knicks take it all, I'll take my hat off to D'Antoni.

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Wasn't it coaching then, last year, pre-Melo, when we were a playoff team on the rise, and exceeding the expectations of almost all fans (KO members included), and professional NBA analysts?

    Also, wouldn't taking an undrafted, unheralded, bounced around raw PG and turn him into a winning, starting PG for the NYK (in about a month's time from being picked off waivers), qualify as taking the talent you have and making it "winning"?
    What a joke. d`Antoni has turned Lin into a winning, starting PG. That`s hilarious.

    D`Antoni had this guy permanently benched whilst Douglas was shooting air every night and turning over more basketballs than McDonalds flip burgers. Lin was sent to the D-League and was fourth choice. Seriously, do you think that Jeremy Lin has suddenly found his talent in the last ten days which made D`antoni suddenly play him? Of course not, Lin`s talent has been there all along and D`Antoni just did what he always does, pick his players and just stick to playing them come what may.

    You can see how D`Antoni didn`t want to play him from the game against the Celtics when Lin gave us good first half minutes then got benched for the whole of the second half. Only because Lin played so well was D`antoni forced to play him in the last couple of games. If Lin is capable of doing this now then he was capable of doing it when he was sitting on the end of the bench watching Douglas, Shumpert and Bibby doing nothing.

  13. #13
    Member c0leworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    If D'antoni gets us to even the second round of the playoffs and Phil Jackson isn't available, then he should stay. I think we're a force to be reckoned with now.

    But realistically, you take Phil Jackson whenever possible.

  14. #14
    Member c0leworld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    211
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Scipio
    What a joke. d`Antoni has turned Lin into a winning, starting PG. That`s hilarious.

    D`Antoni had this guy permanently benched whilst Douglas was shooting air every night and turning over more basketballs than McDonalds flip burgers. Lin was sent to the D-League and was fourth choice. Seriously, do you think that Jeremy Lin has suddenly found his talent in the last ten days which made D`antoni suddenly play him? Of course not, Lin`s talent has been there all along and D`Antoni just did what he always does, pick his players and just stick to playing them come what may.

    You can see how D`Antoni didn`t want to play him from the game against the Celtics when Lin gave us good first half minutes then got benched for the whole of the second half. Only because Lin played so well was D`antoni forced to play him in the last couple of games. If Lin is capable of doing this now then he was capable of doing it when he was sitting on the end of the bench watching Douglas, Shumpert and Bibby doing nothing.

    Stop saying he gave us first good half minutes in the Celtics game. he turned the ball over immediately and fouled Ray allen? (i think) or someone at the 3 point line. That's not good minutes.

    D'antoni let Lin play because he was out of options and out of hope entirely. That's why he let Lin play. When Lin had that opportunity, he went berserk. No one expected it at all. Stop acting like Lin was a proven player who D'Antoni forced to the bench, are you kidding me? We are all victims to thinking Lin was trash. He amazed us all. That's why he's making headlines.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    didnt he take us from a deficit of a few possessions to like an 8 point lead? if you actually watched the game you could see that was all him.

Similar Threads

  1. Orlando Magic @ New York Knicks 01.16 1:00PM
    By Weissenberg in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 232
    Last Post: Jan 17, 2012, 07:47
  2. D'Antoni fire
    By RunningJumper in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 05, 2012, 16:33
  3. Replies: 28
    Last Post: Jul 16, 2010, 10:37
  4. ESPN's take on NY
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Oct 13, 2009, 10:44
  5. Douglas making point to D'Antoni
    By DaTPRiNCE in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Oct 04, 2009, 07:53

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •