Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Would you Still Fire Dantoni Mid Season/End Season

Fire him now. He is not the coach for this team.

KnicksonLIN.com

Antoni sucks. What has he won since arriving here? Fire him on the spot. My signature has his track record since coming to New York.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by MadJack
    Fire him now. He is not the coach for this team.

Go! Go! Say Go!

Originally Posted by abcd
    Antoni sucks. What has he won since arriving here? Fire him on the spot. My signature has his track record since coming to New York.
    youre a joke. this is the first time he's had a squad he can really compete with and they're 3-0, despite missing stat and melo. why would you count his record from when the FO wasn't even trying to put a winning team out there?

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    youre a joke. this is the first time he's had a squad he can really compete with and they're 3-0, despite missing stat and melo. why would you count his record from when the FO wasn't even trying to put a winning team out there?
    I'm not going to criticize him for losing his first 2 years here, they were trying to dump players, traded their 2 best guys for scraps and essentially were not trying to win. Any fair, rational fan can at least acknowledge that.

They were doing well with a much more MDA-friendly team before the Melo trade gutted it.

But being 11-15 with this talent (8-15 before the recent wins) is pretty inexcusable, if you ask me. But it's a marathon not a sprint, and if he can turn the ship around and perform well in the playoffs he deserves his job.

Superstar

Fire him, now, i'm not going to be fooled, by a 3 game win streak, against the NETS, WIZARDS, and JAZZ.He is a terrible coach, his in game adjustments are none existent, he will keep playing,"HIS GUYS" even when they stinking up the joint, i'm just tired of all the excuses people keep using for him.He has his PG, now if he can't adjust, when STAT and MELO return, what are the antoni lovers gonna say then.He gets out coached constantly, i can't take it anymore.

Cool

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Wasn't it coaching then, last year, pre-Melo, when we were a playoff team on the rise, and exceeding the expectations of almost all fans (KO members included), and professional NBA analysts?

Also, wouldn't taking an undrafted, unheralded, bounced around raw PG and turn him into a winning, starting PG for the NYK (in about a month's time from being picked off waivers), qualify as taking the talent you have and making it "winning"?
    Is your perception reality?

Last year pre-melo we were barely a .500 team. We were still next to last in defense and horrible on the boards.

Felton struggled too. Injuries mounted due to overplay. Many players were DNP'D For no good reason at all.

And akin to Lin (lol that rhymed), Mozgov too only got minutes by default.

So we need to stop, reassess this comparison to last year, and put things into perspective.

We still couldn't close out games
    We still blew many double digit leads
    We still got swept in the PO's

We had no contingency plans
    No answer or alternative to Fields when he slept all four games

And really as I said to Trill...
    Making the playoffs in the east, especially after getting swept is not what it seems.

In the past, teams with losing records made the playoffs in the East. Let's not make things out to be hunky dory. Bottom of the barrell defense is no accomplishment.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    I'm not going to criticize him for losing his first 2 years here, they were trying to dump players, traded their 2 best guys for scraps and essentially were not trying to win. Any fair, rational fan can at least acknowledge that.

They were doing well with a much more MDA-friendly team before the Melo trade gutted it.

But being 11-15 with this talent (8-15 before the recent wins) is pretty inexcusable, if you ask me. But it's a marathon not a sprint, and if he can turn the ship around and perform well in the playoffs he deserves his job.
    I argue we could have made it at least closer to the Playoffs the first two years with a good coach.

Lee
    Nate
    Harrington
    Gallo
    Chandler

etc. should have been better than they were. Wasn't their record WORSE in their next season?

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    Is your perception reality?
    You're making this too complicated, Red. I was just speaking to a very simple, but important truth:

our record last year (**and playoff performance) exceeded the expectations of the vast majority of professional basketball analysts, and KO members -- particularly, those KO members who feel D'antoni is a poor coach.

That isn't my perception; it is reality.

However you choose to interpret that reality, after the fact, and play that into a current critique of MDA is your call.

But facts are facts. I don't think you want to accept that; if you legit don't believe it, then I'll be more than happy to dig up what people said in the official season prediction/analysis threads on here, and scour for some of many pro analyst opinions.

**I know you'll bring up "SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP", but I'm not afraid to mention the playoffs, too, though I could have just discussed the reg season. The sweep is besides the point, insofar as we were never expected to, nor in a position based off of talent, to beat BOS. What is important and telling is that we competed as viciously with BOS for the first two games as we did, and they had to rely upon such small margins of good fortune and good ref calls, which speaks to the preparedness and edge we cultivated during the regular season to play better as a whole than the sum of our parts would indicate.

Veteran

Also, how -- with a straight face -- can you mention Felton last year, as a mark *against* MDA?

Has Felton ever had a season as exemplary and fine as he did than under his season with MDA? And you can include this season, too, his first post-D'antoni.

Also, how -- with a straight face -- can you mention Felton last year, as a mark *against* MDA?

Has Felton ever had a season as exemplary and fine as he did than under his season with MDA? And you can include this season, too, his first post-D'antoni.
    Felton pretty much only had two very good months. That's hardly a season. Even he did elevate his game, he might have hurt him playing him all those minutes because he refused to expand the rotation.

I loved a lot of last season, but it's seriously being overrated.

Veteran

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Felton pretty much only had two very good months. That's hardly a season. Even he did elevate his game, he might have hurt him playing him all those minutes because he refused to expand the rotation.

I loved a lot of last season, but it's seriously being overrated.
    Idk, Felton played and started 54 games for us.

I'm not trying to hype up last year -- but people are on record saying what they're expectations for the year and season were...And we exceeded them by and large.

Felton has never had as good as a season than the one he had under MDA, he received noted all-star consideration, and he is performing worse in his first season after playing here.

This is one area where the stats don't really lie, and the stats are pretty damning. And beyond the stats, almost everyone thought Felton had a career year and played above expectations for us.

It's only in hindsight now that we're combing through history and tweaking things and glossing over stuff.

Red defined Felton's season with MDA as one of "struggle".

That's just absurd,

Originally Posted by c0leworld
    Stop saying he gave us first good half minutes in the Celtics game. he turned the ball over immediately and fouled Ray allen? (i think) or someone at the 3 point line. That's not good minutes.

D'antoni let Lin play because he was out of options and out of hope entirely. That's why he let Lin play. When Lin had that opportunity, he went berserk. No one expected it at all. Stop acting like Lin was a proven player who D'Antoni forced to the bench, are you kidding me? We are all victims to thinking Lin was trash. He amazed us all. That's why he's making headlines.
    He did come in and do exactly what you said. This was his first meaningful playing time. I'm sure he had no idea he was even going to play. I did notice in that game that even though he turned the ball over, he was driving to the basket. He also found Stat for an easy dunk with his play. But I guess our coaching staff couldn't see this, or was upset because he wasn't out there jacking up bad jump shots or off balance 3 pointers.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I argue we could have made it at least closer to the Playoffs the first two years with a good coach.

Lee
    Nate
    Harrington
    Gallo
    Chandler

etc. should have been better than they were. Wasn't their record WORSE in their next season?
    Nate is horrible.

And these teams were thrown together with no chemistry no sense of camaraderie or team. Any player that was added or signed or put on those teams was on notice the goal was to clear them out for the 2010 offseason. Anyone that played well early was shipped out, and if moving any of them meant clearing cap room, it was getting done. Not an environment where any team can succeed.

Idk, Felton played and started 54 games for us.

I'm not trying to hype up last year -- but people are on record saying what they're expectations for the year and season were...And we exceeded them by and large.

Felton has never had as good as a season than the one he had under MDA, he received noted all-star consideration, and he is performing worse in his first season after playing here.

This is one area where the stats don't really lie, and the stats are pretty damning. And beyond the stats, almost everyone thought Felton had a career year and played above expectations for us.

It's only in hindsight now that we're combing through history and tweaking things and glossing over stuff.

Red defined Felton's season with MDA as one of "struggle".

That's just absurd,
    To me what MDA might have done for Felton, and our team in general, is let them play loose and not incredibly stagnant, let them freely shoot threes, whatever. That fun style of basketball might work a decent amount of the year, but that doesn't do much for player and team development. Felton's shots weren't falling, and by the All-Star game he wasn't an All-Star.

The Knicks played good/great when they attacked the basket and pushed the tempo, D'Antoni didn't get them to do that enough.

I do think Felton was a huge part of the teams wins early on, not just Amar'e.

Was it his best season? I couldn't tell ya. I haven't watched a lot of Felton's career outside of the Knicks. He did however make the Playoffs for the first time with the Bobcats under Larry Brown, in a season which we didn't make the Playoffs. Maybe you can argue Felton played best in that short period of time with D'Antoni, but it might have not been his best season.