Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What could be done with $40 Million of STAT and Melo salaries?

Not a big fan of Josh Smith. I know he brings defense and stuff, but his bad shooting plus chucking could be bad.

Veteran

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Not a big fan of Josh Smith. I know he brings defense and stuff, but his bad shooting plus chucking could be bad.
    Ya, you're right -- he's a bit of a chucker, considering how weak his shot is. His decision making can be maddening.

He seems to have gotten better this season, though. But man, if he ever played up to the potential of his game...

Such a gifted athlete, defender, and passer nonetheless.

The guy can legit put up lines of 20pts, 5blocks, 5steals, 5assists in a single game while flying around the court. Sick f'ing athlete.

We can lay in the bed Dolan made for us.

Endure the next 3+ years regardless of their outcome.

Amar'e is borderline immovable. Uninsured contract with a resumè of debilitating injuries and an expiring timer on his athleticism. I believe that any proposal for Amar'e would be a see-saw trade in which we soak up another unwanted contract.

Carmelo is Dolan's doing, and the likelihood of him admitting his lapse by trading Melo is a flying pigs situation.

This organization will see very little roster movement throughout the duration of STAT & Melo's tenure.

If there were anything we could do with the approximate $40M these 2 collectively 'earn' for the foreseeable future, we could demand they restructure their contracts and give back that which they can't as players. -10% per season each to add to the pockets of Lin and Fields.

Don't really know why I bothered saying it, but that's what I'd like to see.

For now, however, we weather the metaphoric storm.

There is still a lot of hope left within this roster and organization, but it seems to have been teetering on the brink since opening night's epic win.

Posting from iPhones sux choad.

KnicksonLIN.com

I like this team. Get rid of Antoni, and the Knicks will be championship contenders next year.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s

If there were anything we could do with the approximate $40M these 2 collectively 'earn' for the foreseeable future, we could demand they restructure their contracts and give back that which they can't as players. -10% per season each to add to the pockets of Lin and Fields.
    Agreed... I said in some other post, its not like they'll go hungry... so they wont make 100MIL, theyll make 90.. big whoop

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Yeah and you make the Hawks an elite team with a Teague-Amare combo. very dumb. Im 100% opposed to trading Amare right now unless it was for Dwight or an extremely good package of young players like if we weere going to Denver someone. Amare is going to be a beast now that he has someone who can operate the P&R like Lin

Originally Posted by metrocard
    why is the last part bolded? anyone who knows anything about basketball can tell you amare is a 25+ppg guy when he has a pg that can penetrate and find his teammates......you should go back to talking about how good of a boxer you are.