re evaluate your lives

knicksince 93

Rotation player
Seriously anyone who thinks we are better off without stat and melo are nimrods. The same people are complaining about jeffries missing at the rim on a pass from lin and bill walker missing open looks off his kickouts well they are theyre replacements until they come back and stat and melo will bury those shots. We are a force IF lin is forreal, also im more excited about stats return with lin because melo is gonna get his our teams success hinges on stats performance

Bullshit, I never hated on Jeffries, but I think we're better off without Stoudemire and Anthony.

If you didn't enjoy the basketball we played in the games without them then you probably need to re evaluate your life.

We're 1.000 without them, at worst .0666 (pretending we lose to the Lakers tonight), otherwise we'll stay 1.000 without them and the basketball we've played was great to watch and successful.

In the long run we're probably not better without them, but definitely not worse!

What is their combined record since Melo joined us? 0.444? I say the current team could achieve that without them.

You have no valid arguments to counter that, the numbers don't lie and they're all confirming my argument. :thumbsup:

YuvalNYC

Rotation player
I dont think we're better of in general without them, but the basketball we're playing is much more consistent, not to mention fun watching.

But remember, last 3 games were vs Nets Jazz and Wizards..
If we can play a solid game tonight and come out with a win vs the Lakers, then there might be something with what you say.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Bullshit, I never hated on Jeffries, but I think we're better off without Stoudemire and Anthony.

If you didn't enjoy the basketball we played in the games without them then you probably need to re evaluate your life.

We're 1.000 without them, at worst .0666 (pretending we lose to the Lakers tonight), otherwise we'll stay 1.000 without them and the basketball we've played was great to watch and successful.

In the long run we're probably not better without them, but definitely not worse!

What is their combined record since Melo joined us? 0.444? I say the current team could achieve that without them.

You have no valid arguments to counter that, the numbers don't lie and they're all confirming my argument. :thumbsup:

you are dumb. this current roster is capable of being a .700 team, probably even better. take away two of the best people in the league at their position and were barely better than .500 give them time to gel with an actual point guard. when stat gets the ball moving toward the basket hes gonna get back to 25+ and his defense will be a non issue. whether melo does it in the system or by himself, hes still among the best (maybe #1) at creating offense by himself. at the very least the combo of lin/stat/ty keep teams from doubling him or he IS the 2nd unit.

nyk_nyk

All Star

What kind of dumb sh!t is this???

Amare and Melo have yet to play a full game with Lin as the official starting PG and you throw this crap out there?

So YOU think the team is better as constructed without Amare and Melo? :teeth:

The Griz have been winning without Z-bo so I guess they are better off too huh?

The Spurs have been winning without Manu so I guess they are better off too huh?

See how silly you sound now??

jzero29

Rotation player
amare

I can't wait till we get amare back. He was the first to come, via free agent.
He can finish at the rim has a great mid range...good hands for recieving quick passes on pick and roles. He will only help Lin's assist #'s.

Red

TYPE-A
What kind of dumb sh!t is this???

Amare and Melo have yet to play a full game with Lin as the official starting PG and you throw this crap out there?

So YOU think the team is better as constructed without Amare and Melo? :teeth:

The Griz have been winning without Z-bo so I guess they are better off too huh?

The Spurs have been winning without Manu so I guess they are better off too huh?

See how silly you sound now??

Yeah...

It was because of STAT & Melo we shot 40+ threes a game. Shot ourselves right out the game. Yep it was those two!

And of course, either Jeffries or Walker can hit game winning shots... and for millions less.

What were we thinking when we acquired two perennial all-stars. :whack:

knicksince 93

Rotation player
The offense was stale and no pg thats y they were shooting that much the offense will be controlled by lin in the half court pick n roll witg t.c. Or atat getting the oop or if they collapse the lanes down then lin will dish it to melofor an easy bucket or penetraration to the rim from the wing once the defense adjust to fmelo penetrating then he will have offense bill walker cant do that. Once again IF lin is foreal we are a fo
rce with stat and melo

jzero29

Rotation player
The offense was stale and no pg thats y they were shooting that much the offense will be controlled by lin in the half court pick n roll witg t.c. Or atat getting the oop or if they collapse the lanes down then lin will dish it to melofor an easy bucket or penetraration to the rim from the wing once the defense adjust to fmelo penetrating then he will have offense bill walker cant do that. Once again IF lin is foreal we are a fo
rce with stat and melo
I am excited to see how they play with Lin.
I disagree, they had PG's, but they are young and need to be taught how to play PG need to develope, so the lack of PG play is D'Antonis fault. He let TD and Shump play as they play, never coached the idea into them about, distributing and penetrating. How to run a pick and roll, the Idea of sharing. All keys of his system.
TD and Shumpert can become good PG's they just need to be coached.
Lin understands sharing and distribution, the team feels like if they give up the ball, they will only get it back in a better scoring position, thus cutting down on the isolation plays and the i get the ball I'll shoot it right away because I will never get the ball back

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

You're quickly becoming the next quiggle.

3 games of the second unit + Chandler and Fields, now Lin, and you're touting the team as better off without either STAT or Melo?

I've been unhappy about their games this year, but I won't resort to senility as my reasoning.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
I see melo being like a novak for lin, except if melo gets the pass and someone quickly comes to guard him he can still drain the shot. all the open layups jeffries missed expect stat to make those. chandler and fields already have unbelievable chemistry with this kid and im loving it.

dude just stop it

we arente even close to being better off with out melo and amare

after tonights game you will see why

we are better off with a POINT GUARD

thats about it

we havent really had a chance to see melo and amare with a real poing guard this year.

now

if we replace melo and amare with two other players at their respective positioins that are more role oriented and can knock down threes and rebound and defend

not naming who , just saying if we can replace them

then yes we are better

but we cannot live with billy walker going 2-10 chucking 8 three pointers
and jefferies missing layups all game against top competition

stop drinking the kool-aid because we beat a few scrubs and lin snuck up on people

like a rookie pitcher, the more time coaches real coaches with real players have to break down lins game

the less effective he will be

lin's production is evidence that he has true NBA talent, so i am not saying he will go back to garbage minutes and will have a landslide in decrease of statistics, but it will come a time where he needs the likes of melo and amare to finish those amazing passes and pick and rolls, because tyson chandler wont be able to hold the torch for that long.

but believe me, I too can understand why some one would think we are better with out stat and melo

but i have to dig deep and be honest with myself

both players have been winning talents in this league before they came to the knicks.

and most experts since day one have said it wont work with out a point guard

so this doesnt come down to whether we are better off with or with out melo and amare

it comes down to one question

Are the KNICKS BETTER WITH JEREMY LIN
?????

thats the only question we should be asking.

better off without Stat and Melo? I don't think so.

We just need chemistry and confidence, I always knew Lin was a pass first PG, but I feel his intensity isn't normal. Meaning he's playing as if he's tired of sleeping on his brothers couch. Anyone will play their ass off in that situation. When your next stop from the end of the bench is potential unemployment...there's nothing more motivating. Hopefully his contageous inspirational play continues and infects his 2 star teammates to play the same way. I think they will...

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
time warner Cable owners we get to view Linsanity on the big screen today are you excited :beat: of course this has nothing to do with the thread lol

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player

Yes the Knicks are way worse without them are you serious the Knicks have zero chance of winning a playoff series without an star players.

Not to mention when star players go down the role players usually step up for a while but thats not to say team is actually better. I remember a few years ago Kobe sat out like 4 games and the Lakers won all 4 including a game in Portland where they always lose, I don't think anybody in their right mind really believed the Lakers were better without Kobe.

nuckles2k2

Superstar

tumblr_lws424ol131r2dkso.gif

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I remember a few years ago Kobe sat out like 4 games and the Lakers won all 4 including a game in Portland where they always lose, I don't think anybody in their right mind really believed the Lakers were better without Kobe.

Actually, that showed that the Lakers were dangerous with or without Kobe. I bet it also made their coaching team re-evaluate how to work their players in to maximize team efficiency.

I think the Knicks are dangerous with and without STAT and/or 'Melo; it's Lin (the only healthy PG on our team at the moment - no one else is even "serviceable") and Chandler who are the pivotal pieces. (Can you imagine to going back to STAT starting at the 5?)