Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How good can this team be?

Originally Posted by Almost_famous718
    WHEN

1. when our 2 stars learn to FULLY gel together

2. When our 2 stars learn to move the ball around MORE

3. when we get ALL our players back at full health

4. When Stat&melo bring the defensive intensity every night like (shump, and chandler)

THEN and ONLY THEN will we be unstoppable
    Well said, although I would definitely include Jeffries in the bracket under point 4 - he's been immense on defense.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    So u think a 1-9 no-strategy coaching Dantoni had something to do with the 4-0 LINS....
    ha ha ha....u shouldnt do this to yourself....a mind is a terrible thing to waste
    there was no pg to run plays and the team wasnt going anywhere so theres no reason to run plays. do you honestly think he was brought in to coach the MTA with no one else? of course not, we brought him in with the intention of giving him a complete and elite team. now we finally did that and you want to get rid of him.

Veteran

Originally Posted by KingofNy
    I don't think they really need to "buy" in. They need to NOT hog the ball and let Jeremy run the offense. When Jorts and Baron Davis come back our bench will be DEEP! Skies the limit guys!
    Melo needs a complete attitude adjustment and that quote I read about D'Antoni saying he doesn't understand spacing but he will tells me we might have "Melo/George Karl Part 2' between him and D'Antoni. He's a ball hog and I'm not sure that is ever going to change.

Originally Posted by tiger0330
    Melo needs a complete attitude adjustment and that quote I read about D'Antoni saying he doesn't understand spacing but he will tells me we might have "Melo/George Karl Part 2' between him and D'Antoni. He's a ball hog and I'm not sure that is ever going to change.
    Yeah thats's Melo he will always be one but he is adjusting his game for the team he is starting to read the court a little better and is passing better... But with Lin and Melo and Stat the team should be extremely good because now theres just too much people to double team, if they double teamed Melo, just pass it to Lin for the drive to the basket and then he could pass it back to Melo for a open shot if he cant do it etc, if they doubled Lin pass to Stat or Melo for a mismatch or open shot etc imagine the possibilities

Originally Posted by BachaCho
    Yeah thats's Melo he will always be one but he is adjusting his game for the team he is starting to read the court a little better and is passing better... But with Lin and Melo and Stat the team should be extremely good because now theres just too much people to double team
    Also add Chandler to the mix -- although I doubt many players want to be near him in the paint.

While I agree that Melo will probably always be a ball hog, if the team limits his touches (because someone else will be scoring), 'Melo has the potential to turn every touch he gets into a score (either by himself or by drawing a triple-team).

If everyone was healthy and on the same page, we have perhaps the best team on the East. Our biggest weakness is likely Lin, or more specifically, no one to sub in when he needs to rest. Davis is still an X-Factor -- will we see Baron Davis of 2011, or will we see Gilbert Arenas of 2011?